a sensation.

Love for Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“So, it’s my birthday today if you can’t tell,” Euna nudged him to get his attention.

 

Baekhyun disregarded the girl, trying hard to remember where he placed his stuff. At last, he pulled out a first aid kit from under the register cabinet, which Mark stuck all the way back behind a mountain of napkins. Euna watched in amusement as he went through all of the struggle for the kit. 

 

“Sit,” he pulled out a chair for her.

 

She sat down as ordered, awaiting his next move. Baekhyun also pulled a chair next to her then gently brought up her feet and placed it on his lap. He then reached his hand into the kit to find the roll of bandage and a bottle of Antiseptic spray.

 

“Not the spray!” Euna quickly defended herself by shielding her feet. She could already feel the pain if that spray were to contact her wounds.

 

The bar owner used this opportunity to poke fun at the girl even more by pretending to spray the bottle, but would stop each time she flinches. He couldn’t help himself, it was satisfying to see her react like this for once. Eventually, he put the spray back after getting his fair share of amusement.

 

“You’re mean,” she grumbled with her arms crossed securely.

 

Baekhyun skillfully wrapped her feet, using the bandage cloth in order to prevent further infection. The way he delicately handled the process was enough to warm her heart. Before he could catch her drooling all over him, she lowered her gaze to avoid his eyes. 

 

“I never said I was nice,” he pointed out as he proceeded to wrap her other feet.

 

“Your name,” Euna brought up abruptly, “Mark only ever called you boss so I never got your name…”

 

He paused for a few seconds, lifting his head up to face her. “Byun Baekhyun,” he said.

 

“You’re such a natural flirt,” the heiress muttered under her breath, but loud enough for him to hear. Though he shook his head in disagreement.

 

With her wounds now tended, the owner headed back behind the bar counter. At the same time, a phone call interrupted their short interaction. Baekhyun noticed the expression change on her face, slowly bringing the two bottles of beer in his hands back down under the counter.

 

“Duty calls,” she informed him with a disappointed look.

 

“Thank you for this,” Euna lifted one foot up, “…and I’ll come by to collect my birthday present next time!”

 

Until the very end, she still kept her smile on. Baekhyun looked down at the two bottles in his hand, unable to comprehend the weird displeased feeling in his chest. And for the very same odd reason, the bar suddenly felt lonely again. Not the kind without customers or on a slow weekday...just pure emptiness. 
 

 

“What’s wrong?” the heiress stormed into her home after the vague call about her grandmother’s well-being.

 

“She fainted after the party had concluded,” Suho explained while leading her over to the guest’s room, where her grandmother was resting.

 

The girl immediately rushed over to her caretaker’s bedside with concern written all over her face. Fortunately, the doctor cleared her chart and wrote it off as fatigue. Though a clueless child could probably tell by the ominous feeling in the room that fatigue was not the case.

 

“I’m fine! I’m fine!’ her grandmother assured.

 

“Suho, could you please watch over her. I need to speak with the doctor,” Euna planted a kiss on the back of the woman’s palm before Suho replaced her.

 

Closing the door quietly behind them, she walked the doctor outside to further examine her grandmother’s situation. 

 

“Rest assured that your grandmother is completely healthy. However…” she cringed at that word, knowing very w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter