a guilty conscience.

Love for Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Baekhyun kept his promise to return to the bar later that night. There were at least two other customers occupying one single table, which he was grateful enough to have. Mark waved him over in order to instigate his employer.

 

“So what happened?” Mark whispered.

 

“Nothing," he lied, biting down on his lip. It was definitely something.

 

How boring, the employee murmured to himself as he handed Baekhyun a water bottle. He watched his boss take down the whole bottle as if he had been dehydrated all morning. Unsure if this was the right time to break the news to him, Mark decided to bite back his tongue until Baekhyun settle down.

 

“Are you feeling better now?” he studied the owner’s expression before opening his mouth again.

 

“…Because I got this in the mail today,” Mark slid a letter of notice over.

 

Right. It’s that time of year again, the exhausted owner sighed. Granted, he got this building at the lowest rate possible, but that does not mean rent won’t increase annually with today’s economy. When in doubt, the owner of this building made sure to remind him of the increase every single year.

 

“It’s quite a jump from last year,” the younger lad warned him.

 

As much as he wanted this dream of his to flourish, it was becoming more difficult by day. 

 

 

At the next shareholders meeting, Euna was determined to go forward with the plan to expand their investment to smaller businesses. Though it might seem like a waste to time to some, CC may become one of the first major corporations to welcome inclusivity. It would have been what her parents wanted as well, a good name for their hard earned company. But it would take a lot of effort to drill this idea into greedy business sharks.

 

“I truly believe this change could benefit our image moving forward,” she ended her speech before the final vote.

 

It was now time to vote for sudden shift, which she did not have much confident in since last week’s critics delivered their piece. As expected when the heiress observed the room, it was dead even.

 

“What do we do now?” one member chimed in.

 

 “Just give me one chance,” Euna pleaded, taking everyone by surprise at her sudden urge to devote an idea.

 

The members looked at each other with mixed feelings as the heiress continued to push for her chance. After another quick debate, they have decided to give her one chance to prove her point. If her plan could appeal to the public, then they would consider her proposal.

 

Euna never felt more satisfied at pushing for an idea of hers, partially due to the fact that it was based on her parents’ ideology. A part of her wished that she could witness how proud her parents would have been. Quite rarely, she wanted to share this accomplishment with others. It was also a first since the heiress was never good at the whole concept of friendship. That same night, Euna reluctantly paced outside of Baekhyun’s bar, both nervous and embarrass to enter the place.

 

“I’m just here for Mark,” she convinced herself.

 

After much deliberation, she finally entered the bar. The first thing she did was sigh in relief when the owner was no where to be found.

 

“Miss Cha!” Mark beamed happily at the first customer of the night, but also one of his favorites.

 

“Long time no see,” she replied, her lips curving into a smile.

 

They casually caught up with one another without realizing, which she really did candidly enjoyed. It was rare for Euna to talk about her life with another individual, but Mark managed to easily break the barriers between them.

 

“We’ve been hitting a pretty rough patch lately,” the employee revealed, looking around the empty bar.

 

“Worst case scenario, we might have to close the bar..” he added.

 

Her mind began wandering off upon absorbing the news. However, this issue may just be a blessing in disguise for her own sake while it could save this business as well. Baekhyun’s bar is the epitome of a perfect public appeal. Investing in an almost unheard business, and transforming it completely may positively catch the public’s attention. Though it could a gamble, but it was one that she was willing to take.

 

“I have an idea, Mark.”

 

 

Euna headed out to the back of the bar, where the owner was taking his break. She smiled automatically, remembering a familiar scene from their first meeting. Baekhyun had just put out his finished cigarette when th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter