『38』

Lost Piece II: Refitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Heechul?" 

Still rubbing his eyes sleepily—trying to focus his vision—Jungsoo could tell albeit the dimmed lamp that Heechul was not in the kitchen or dining room as well. He glanced at the bathroom and it had his brows knitted—the light was off telling him that the one he was looking for was not there either. As if immediately sobered up, he began to travel around the house to find his missing husband and the more places he searched in and found none, the more nervous he got. It was still four in the morning when he checked the clock the moment he realized Heechul was not sleeping beside him. And it made no sense as to why Heechul— wait, he rushed to the back patio and upon hearing soft tunes as he was nearing the door, he could finally breathe in relief when he saw the person he had been looking for. 

 

"Don't do that."

 

Heechul was taken aback when Jungsoo suddenly plopped on the big couch and glued himself to his side, insisting on hugging him although the guitar on his lap was on their way. 

 

"Do what?" he smiled, sneaking an arm to reciprocate the hug and pull his husband closer. He heard Jungsoo sigh and press his body more on to him. 

"I thought you ran away," Jungsoo mumbled to Heechul's shoulder which his husband only laughed at. 

"Well, I'm planning to—" 

"Yah!!" Jungsoo finally rose from his position only to have Heechul laugh louder. It might sound silly but it was really what he would always be afraid of—that one day he would wake up and Heechul was no longer beside him. He knew nothing lasted forever but—

 

"I'm joking, Jungsoo." 

 

—he wished God granted them the chance to be each other's blessings that even the Angels above envied them until the day they had to part—until his very last breath with Heechul still in his sight. Watching Heechul looking at him ever so dreamily—head resting on the guitar, bangs falling effortlessly beautiful on his serene face—got his knees weaker and weaker. He wordlessly grabbed the guitar from Heechul's grip and put it aside. Screw the guitar like they screwed the universe; this very time too, he wanted Heechul to be his, and all his. 

 

Heechul was left speechless when Jungsoo suddenly snuggled onto him and casually slept with his lap as the pillow. Still, he could not deny the smile slowly creeping on his face every time Jungsoo acted a little clingy; he would pamper him any day. He gingerly brushed Jungsoo's hair away from his face and his husband's beauty never failed to make him fall in deeper and deeper. Ever so gently, he tried to massage some random spots and the contented sigh escaping from Jungsoo's lips was enough to engulf him in warmth the chill around them dared not to bother. 

 

Life was very funny—his smile ceased a little. The pair of these closed eyes were the very same ones who stared at him in disgust when they accidentally bumped into each other after he was grounded in Mr. Kang's office back then. These lips—his fingers trembled as they touched them—were the very ones that kissed him roughly on their wedding day—that cursed him every time the latter saw him in their first days of being spouses. And the cold cheeks had been stained with tears for every chapter they went through that brought them to where they were right now. 

 

"Ouch!" 

He yelped, however, when Jungsoo suddenly bit his fingers playfully. His husband opened his eyes and it did not surprise him that Jungsoo would be somehow panicked seeing him—

"Why are you crying?" 

—in tears yet again. 

 

Wiping his tears carelessly, he leaned in and gave a long heartfelt kiss on his husband's forehead instead of answering the question he heard way too often since the day the universe decided it would be fun to mess up with him. But this time, he did not mind shedding an ocean of tears if, at the end of the day, he could still have Jungsoo with him. 

 

He hated it; he hated that seeing Heechul cry became way too familiar. God knew how many times his husband had cried alone before he came in the picture and he did not even want to go into how much more it was after he was here. Hurting Heechul was the last thing he wanted to do but he somehow already did at least for the last few months. And he swore in the names of Heechul and his kids, he would always wake up every day and choose to be better for his family. He would always try to put a smile on Heechul and his kids' faces even though it meant he had to bleed or break. He wished he was the one who would make Heechul the happiest until he forgot his painful past. 

 

"I'm just... happy."

 

Happy. 

Heechul's broken confession cut the train of endless thoughts at the back of his mind. His breath was taken away. He could only stare at his husband and adore how that beautiful smile always did wonder to his heart every time he saw it. The feelings inside his chest were getting way too much for him to handle and honestly, he would gladly let his heart explode. He still had thousands of days to remind Heechul how much his happiness mattered to him. 

 

"I'm— I'm just so happy, Jungsoo."

 

Heechul would never know nor would he ever understand why Jungsoo suddenly got up from his position as if the latter was possessed after he simply told him what he truly felt. But his husband did; Jungsoo suddenly sat straight facing him with his stare never leaving him. And in times like this, all he could do was to smile and hoped it could ease whatever worries making Jungsoo look somehow troubled right now. 

 

What he would never expect was when Jungsoo suddenly pulled him by his nape and pressed their lips in a breathtaking kiss. His gasps were all swallowed by a pair of needy lips wanting to taste every inch of his. And it left him intoxicated; it always did. The sound of nature waking up and the warmth of the sun shyly arising from afar would never compare to how beautiful their every touch of telling each other how deep their love ran. 

 

"Jungs— Mmh—" 

He just managed to catch a breath for not even a second when Jungsoo had demanded another kiss and he could only comply, simply letting Jungsoo having his way tilt his head, deepening their kiss. 

"Jungsoo— I— Mmh—" 

 

It was a blatant lie if he said he did not like how Jungsoo seemed to be so desperate—nibbling his lips, it, and ing his tongue inside asking him to play. Whatever got into Jungsoo this morning, he could easily forgive the devil. It was the very first time they finally bared themselves after a painfully long period of unsettling sailing. It was another minute before Jungsoo finally let go and gave him some time to fill his chest with air. They were both panting, hands still all over each other as if their lives depended on it. Their smiles were si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter