『13』

Lost Piece II: Refitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyuk, the napkins are in the second cabinet."

Heechul transferred the steaming omelet he just cooked into a plate and brought it to the dining room where Donghae was already sitting in his high chair, swinging his feet. Only the kids' milk and their coffee Jungsoo was brewing left, and they were all set to start eating. He was about to grab the glasses when he had to be reminded that there were not only the four of them in this house. Someone joined them this morning. He stared at Nara for a little while before he beamed and greeted. 

"Good morning. Breakfast?" 

Nara was taken aback by the simple greeting for the fact that this man acted as if he was the host of the house. Moreover, when Jungsoo and he seemed to be exceptionally close as the man wiped the glass beside her ex-husband. She eventually sat on one of the chairs and pronto, Hyukjae dropped his cutlery. Both Heechul and Jungsoo immediately turned to him and noticed that the kid seemed to be a little nervous. Heechul, however, was quick to catch on that perhaps, having his mother back put Hyukjae in an unfamiliar situation.

"I'll get you new ones, Hyuk."

He quickly jogged to help Hyukjae and grabbed a new set of cutlery for him. He crouched down a little and rubbed Hyukjae's arms to ease him. Those eyes Hyukjae looked at him with were so apparent; Hyukjae was scared and if he were in this boy's position, he would too.

"It's okay," he whispered and patted Hyukjae's head. 

Little did he know, his calming down Hyukjae was a very strange view at least for a pair of eyes. Nara winced her eyes and felt that something was not right in this house. The way this man was this close to the kids, even to her older son whom she recalled was so secluded, told her that there was something she did not know. And she badly needed to know. The identity of this man was her priority now. 

 

"Err, sorry, Sir. It's just... I'm curious, who are you? The kids' nanny? Or—" 

Jungsoo, done serving the coffee on the table, reached for Heechul's waist all of a sudden as he proudly claimed. 

"He's my husband."

Heechul was caught off guard when Jungsoo introduced him as his husband even though he was. But this situation was a little complex so he did not know how to react. From his peripheral, he could see that Nara was as shocked as he was. He bet it was indeed shocking; her ex-husband suddenly announced that he remarried with a man.

"Ah, right. I haven't introduced myself. My name is Kim Heechul. Nice to meet you."

Heechul bowed awkwardly and took a seat beside Jungsoo when Nara did not answer him after some time. 

 

 

 

«────── « ⋅♥⋅ » ──────»

 

 

 

"You're performing today?" 

Heechul, busy with Donghae's lunch box, looked up at his husband. He pondered for a while before answering. 

"I don't think so. I need to get my guitar in the music store we visited last week."

Jungsoo nodded and helped Donghae get in the car. He was about to grab his coat when he noticed Nara stood still beside the entrance with her belongings. 

"O-Oppa."

Heechul's breath hitched. 

"Can I go together with you until the next bus stop?" 

 

Jungsoo immediately turned to Heechul. True, it might only a small matter; but after what he learned about Heechul's feelings last night, it was just right that he always considered Heechul in deciding things, moreover regarding Nara. And when he saw Heechul smiled at him, nodding, just then he finally agreed to let Nara tag along. The smile—Heechul should begin to learn how to be much more considerate. It was wrong that he felt upset just because of this; but deep down, he wanted to be wrong. He wanted to show Jungsoo that he was slightly upset yet he knew it would do no good. His gaze dropping to the ground, he did not have the will to send them off today. His chest felt somehow heavy but he blamed the air. 

 

"It's like old time. We always go together."

It was probably unintentional but what Nara said was enough to slice his heart into two. Like the old time— Heechul had to suppress his rising emotions. Deep inside, he wanted to laugh at her. He wanted to laugh at how pitiful she was, realizing what she had wasted. It must be nice—Heechul blinked his tears—to have a beautiful past she willingly reminisced. His mind was a mess; he did not know what occurred to him. 

He was just upset;

that she came back;

and that he was afraid she would truly come back when he knew he was the only one who was against her being here. 

 

"Hey."

Heechul was finally brought back to reality when there was a nice warmth engulfing his body. And when he opened his eyes, he loved that he still got a grip on Jungsoo's embrace. 

"You're okay?" 

Jungsoo cupped Heechul's face gently. On the question, Heechul did not respond. He only stared at Jungsoo until his husband suddenly leaned closer and pecked his lips, not minding the other people around them. 

"See you at lunch, Heechul."

 

 

 

«────── « ⋅♥⋅ » ──────»

 

 

 

"I raised my hand and Miss Jung pointed at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter