『26』

Lost Piece II: Refitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was probably a good five minutes that Jungsoo had been staring at his sleeping husband, smiling. And he wished whoever had the power to stop the time would lend him for a second. He wanted to look at Heechul, deep in his own little dream while holding his arm. He bet it was a good dream for Heechul to be looking so serene like this. He sighed in contentment and leaned in to peck Heechul's forehead. 

 

"Wake up, Heechul."

 

And learning from habit, Heechul would just stir around in his sleep for a couple of minutes before he started to be awake. He wondered how Heechul felt when the first time he saw when he woke up was him, now and ever. 

"Why are you smiling like that?" 

Heechul chuckled and dawdled his face more to his chest. 

"Why? You prefer to see me sulking?" Jungsoo asked as he peppered kisses to Heechul's crown. 

"No," the younger mumbled. 

"How's your leg?" 

"Better."

 

Jungsoo glanced at the small alarm clock beside the bed and yawned sleepily before he plopped his head on top of Heechul's, feeling ticklish to feel the younger's hair poking his cheek. 

"Let's get up. It's already—" 

"Noooo. Five more minutes."

"You said that fifteen minutes ago, Heechul." 

Jungsoo shook his head; his husband was just so adorable when he whined like this. He slipped his hands under Heechul's body and carefully lifted him in a go. Heechul was struggling to get away from his hold but Jungsoo knew his mission was a success. Putting Heechul on top of the cold bathroom island, he was rewarded by a loud whine of his husband as he was suddenly wide awake. 

 

"It's cold!!" 

Jungsoo smirked and squeezed some toothpaste on Heechul's toothbrush before handing it wordlessly to the younger. Despite being irritated with the fact that he was forced to get up although he would like to just laze a couple more minutes, Heechul still did his morning routine, brushing his teeth in silence. He looked at his husband in annoyance and pouted. 

"It's weekend, Prof. Park. Wet me sweep some mowe," he protested with a brush still stuck in his mouth. 

Jungsoo chuckled as he rinsed his mouth, "Brush your teeth properly."

He helped Heechul to hop off the counter and the latter imitated his action, rinsing his mouth. He leaned back and enjoyed watching Heechul washing his face and did his other morning routine until something suddenly crossed his mind—something he had been pondering for a long time. 

 

"Heechul?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Heechul."

"I'm listening."

"Heechul?" Jungsoo repeated for the third time. And this time, he earned a suspicious look from his husband from the mirror. But he only smiled sheepishly; he was waiting for something. 

"Hee—" 

"I'm listening, Prof. Park. It's—" 

"That," Jungsoo immediately said. Heechul frowned and tilted his head in confusion, "That... What?" 

It was a little embarrassing to admit it but actually, he had been thinking about Heechul still calling him professor even after they married. Sure, at first it was a stupid agreement so it was just right that Heechul still addressed him formally, but it bothered him now. He did not want Heechul to see him as someone a little distant; he was his husband. 

 

He pushed his body against the wall and stood nervously in front of Heechul. 

"You're suspicious," Heechul managed to blow his courage a little. 

"It's that... I've been thinking about the way you call me."

Heechul widened his eyes as he slowly grasped what his husband was implying. He chewed his lower lip and looked away. It did something to him to even think about calling his Prof. Park other nicknames. But it—Jungsoo suddenly held his hands—was what Jungsoo wanted. 

"Can you address me with another endearment?" 

It was the way Jungsoo genuinely requested this particular matter that he began to entertain the idea of having another nickname. 

 

Honey? 

Darling?

 

"H-hyung?" Heechul mischievously uttered. But of course, it was not what Jungsoo expected. His expression immediately fell as he sulked, "Yah. That's not what I mean, Chul."

Jungsoo pulled his husband into his arms and continued to fuss around with him. 

"Other than that, please. I'm not that old."

Heechul pondered a little and proposed, "Daddy?" 

"That's quite dangerous," Jungsoo lowly said as he planted a kiss on Heechul's shoulder as if giving the younger a gentle warning. It was another pregnant pause before Jungsoo suddenly suggested, "What about calling me by my name?" 

Heechul immediately shook his head as the idea of calling the person he respected so much by his name was a little weird. 

"But you were my professor. It doesn't feel right."

Jungsoo peeled his body off Heechul and stared at him, "I'm your husband now. I want us to be the same level in this marriage so let's call me Jungsoo."

Heechul signaled Jungsoo to rethink his idea but his husband seemed to be so determined about it. 

"It's gonna be a little awkward for me," Heechul said honestly. 

"It's okay. Take your time. You can stop anytime if you're not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter