『12』

Lost Piece II: Refitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Maw! Daddy!" 

Hyukjae ran full speed when the car just parked in front of their house, followed by two people he missed so much coming out of it. He threw himself at Heechul and hugged his Maw to express how much he missed him even though he was used to having his Daddy going on a work trip.

"Hyuuuk," Jungsoo whined, looking at his son who glued himself at Heechul. 

"Daddy is here too. Did you miss Maw only?" 

"I miss Daddy too—" 

"Yes, Hyuk missed me only." 

Heechul, securing Hyukjae's big body on his hips, gave no chance for his professor to get the hug from Hyukjae as he had run away with the kid to the house. 

"Yah!" 

Heechul looked back when Jungsoo shouted but he only stuck his tongue out childishly. Hyukjae tried to wiggle his way out but he also liked being held by his Maw. 

"Daddy, I miss you—" 

"No!" Heechul ran faster, screaming, "Hyuk only missed Maw!" 

Jungsoo shook his head ticklishly and eventually joined the duo to enter the house. 

 

Inside, he finally got to squeeze not only Hyukjae but Donghae as well in his arms. Heechul was already busy helping his mother to tidy her belongings.

"You're leaving now, Mom?"

"I need to accompany Kyuhyun in the company visit tomorrow, Son. I need to go home soon."

Heechul checked her luggage, making sure nothing was left when Donghae suddenly ran towards him asking to be held. He crouched down, catching the little boy, and was grateful when Hyukjae came to help him with Mrs. Park's things.

"How was the trip, Sweetie?"

Heechul turned to her, unable to hide his blush as Mrs. Park looked at him teasingly.

"It was great," he answered vaguely.

"I can tell. So, who did whom—"

"Mother!" Jungsoo screamed in a panic at which Mrs. Park only laughed off. The trace of her laughter was the smile as she glanced at Jungsoo and Heechul. Nothing made her happy than seeing Jungsoo found his composure again, looking so happy like this. Her son deserved it and she was glad that the one who brought a smile to his face was Heechul. 

 

"Thank you," she accidentally blurted out, squeezing Heechul's hand. Heechul snapped at her and frowned. 

"Pardon, Mom?" 

She smiled wider and patted the head of the guy who was slightly taller than her. She dismissed Heechul's question as she saw her car pulling over in front of the house. 

"I'm going, Heechul-ah," she looked back and chuckled upon seeing Jungsoo struggled to pull her baggage as Donghae was on top of it, refusing to get down. 

"Boys?" 

She managed to get the kids' attention. 

"Grandma is leaving now."

The kids rushed to her and competed to hug her first. It was like that for a few moments before Mrs. Park had to leave for real as Kyuhyun was probably already at her house waiting for her. She bid them goodbye and got in her car. The moment she looked back at them—Heechul holding Donghae on his hips, Jungsoo, and Hyukjae—her tears trickled down. They looked so happy and she swore no one would get to hurt them again. 

 

 

 

«────── « ⋅♥⋅ » ──────»

 

 

 

"Was the trip fun, Daddy?" 

Hyukjae, playing with the new toy his parents bought for him, asked expectantly. Jungsoo gulped—the image of their lustful night was still vivid. He stole a glance at Heechul who was busy unpacking their stuff in the living room and looked back at Hyukjae. 

"Well, it was a work trip but it was quite fun. Did you listen to Grandma while we—" 

"What was fun?" 

On that, Jungsoo gave his son his immediate attention. He winced his eyes and tried to read what the smile on Hyukjae's face meant. 

"Why did you ask?" 

Hyukjae got up from the bed and grinned, showing off his gummy smile. He went to his father and hugged him. 

"You smile a lot, Daddy. I bet the trip was really fun."

Jungsoo smiled sadly, a little ashamed that his son noticed even a slight change in him. He hugged Hyukjae as tight and kissed his hair. 

"I smile a lot because we're finally home with you and Hae. Did you miss us?"

 

DING DONG

 

"I'll get that," Heechul shouted from the living room as he got up and jogged to see who rang the bell. He looked around, trying to see whether there was any of Mrs. Park's stuff left because he was certain that it was probably his mother in law. He opened the door and his guess turned out wrong. 

It was not Mrs. Park.

In fact, it was not someone he knew. 

"H-hello, may I know whom you're—"

His words died down as the person kept staring at him with a strange look on her face. A beautiful woman most likely a few years older than him stood there, hugging her coat, face all distraught. There was a nagging feeling that made him nervous and he did not know why. It was their first meeting but he was just nervous and strangely afraid. The grip on the door handle tightened as the woman did not utter a single thing and only glared at him. He was about to invite the woman inside when he heard steps rushing towards him from, probably Hyukjae sent by Jungsoo as he took longer in talking to their guest. And he knew his guts were right this time; this woman was not any woman.

 

"M-mommy."

 

Right—his nervousness was not baseless. It got a very valid reason. When he thought he finally got his family back, things kept shoving him to the ground as if they wanted to tell him to know his place. He could not help the massive fear growing inside his chest as he stared at her. The more he looked at her, the more he noticed the strong resemblance. And from the look on her face, it was easy t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter