『29』

Lost Piece II: Refitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Should we stop by the mart on the way home?" 

Heechul pondered a little, trying to remember what they needed to buy, before he nodded, "Sure. Remind me to buy some pizza dough."

Jungsoo smiled, opening the bar door for Heechul, as he answered, a little amused, "Attempting to make a pizza again?" 

Heechul sensed the mischief and he did not appreciate it. His last attempt was a disaster because he almost burned down the oven but if anything he learned so far, it was that everyone deserved a second chance. 

"I'm gonna do it simpler this time."

"Suuure. Then suddenly we have pepperoni, sausages, bacon, all kinds of cheese and—" 

"Jungsoo!" Heechul whined, "If I succeed, you'll never get to taste."

Jungsoo immediately clung to his husband when he noticed that Heechul was indeed sulking. Cooking was not Heechul's thing but seeing the younger keep trying, and well, sometimes failing, was quite a sight to see. At the end of the day, even if Heechul served a burned chicken, he would still eat it. 

"Quit sulking," Jungsoo said once they both had got in the car, ready to leave. 

"You're annoying... Prof. Park," Heechul now teased. Jungsoo grunted quietly, knowing for sure Heechul knew how to annoy him by addressing him with the old nickname before he pulled over from the bar parking lot. 

 

However, Jungsoo instinctively stepped on the brake as hard as he could when a man suddenly walked and stopped in front of the car as if he had a spare life. After regaining his composure, he banged the horn strongly to tell the guy—weirdly covered up from head to toe—to go away but to his dismay, he stayed still. Worries grew inside him as to why this man silently asked him to kill himself but when Heechul suddenly touched his hand, trembling, the realization hit him.

 

It must be him. 

It was him. 

The one who had been sending terrors to them. 

And the fact that the latter was yet to give up, once again disturbing their life and even tonight showing up in front of them boldly, triggered his anxiety. 

 

Without a second thought, he immediately went out of the car with Heechul trailing behind, and confronted the man whose jacket hood covering half of his face. And it was not unforeseen that the first thing he did was to shove the guy until his back slammed against the wall. Thank God there were many cars parking in front of the bar, blocking people's view from seeing his rage in this empty parking lot, except for Heechul who kept calling his name and telling him to calm down. But no. His fist had landed on the guy's face before he knew it, sending him stumbling on the ground. All of his effort to protect his public image be damned; he was burning in pent-up fury. 

But when the hood unveiled, the worst happened. 

 

He had not forgotten. It was still crystal clear in his memory, haunting his night for years—almost impossible to erase. Even among the dimmed light, he easily recognized who he was. His blood boiled in an instant; his skin crawled from the massive surge of painful memory and immense anger. It was as if he could burst in the worst way possible. 

 

"Zhoumi," he barked his name, gritting his teeth. Heechul shivered hearing how low and menacing his husband sounded. He still could not be over the fact that his husband knew this man—the same man who attacked him in the grocery store and allegedly sent them the terrors. And it was too late for him to stop Jungsoo when the latter suddenly marched forward and beat the hell out of the man who had been writhing in pain on the cemented ground. Fist after fist landed on the guy's face as if Jungsoo was possessed. 

 

"Go to hell, you bastard!" 

 

Terrified, Heechul was extremely petrified. But he had to stay sane before everything was too late and Jungsoo would only regret to ever let his emotions get a hold of him. He rushed to stop the fighting, trying his best to hold his husband. Even so, he almost cowered in fear when he could feel fury radiating from Jungsoo. He wrapped his arms as tight as he could around Jungsoo's form and dragged him farther. 

 

"Let me go, Chul. A piece of like him doesn't deserve to—" 

"Jungsoo! Calm d-down," Heechul tried to yell but his voice tapered off into a shaky whisper. Realizing how scared his husband might be, Jungsoo eventually forced his demon to stay still, willing down his urge to just satisfy his needs to seek revenge for him, the kids, and Heechul. 

 

Heechul suddenly stood in front of his husband, staring at the guy who struggled to stand up. It was getting tiring and everyone almost gave up. He gulped, clutching Jungsoo's hand for dear life. He could not waste his only chance to ask what was his reason to target him. If it was indeed because he was related to Jungsoo—

"Why did you do t-that? I don't know you. Why did you—" <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter