『27』

Lost Piece II: Refitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks, Boss. Bye, Ryeowook-ah!" 

Heechul rushed to the parking lot when he saw his husband had been waiting for him by his car. He felt a little bad for making Jungsoo wait for his gig again, letting the kids stay in their grandmother's house, but he knew how stubborn and protective Jungsoo could get, moreover after the incident in the grocery store a few days ago. It was moving to know that Jungsoo indeed made him his priority but, still, it made him slightly uneasy. 

 

"You've waited for so long, haven't you?" 

 

Jungsoo beamed widely when he saw Heechul walking to him, in his attire for the stage, so bewitching. Still leaning on his car, he immediately pulled Heechul to his embrace and buried his nose on his neck. 

"What h-happened?" Heechul stammered, nervous as to why Jungsoo suddenly hugged him. 

"Nothing. I just miss you."

Silly—Heechul thought. He returned the hug as tight and sighed in contentment. He did not want to let go just yet but the reddish glow resting in the afar told him that it was almost night and their kids had to be waiting for them. 

 

"Let's go. Hyuk and Hae must be waiting, Prof. Park."

Jungsoo reluctantly detached himself from Heechul and smiled, pinching Heechul's nose, "It's Jungsoo for you, Heechul."

Heechul widened his eyes in an instant before he scratched his not-itchy nape. 

"Sorry."

"No biggie," Jungsoo assured, "You've got everything? Let's go—" 

"Wait! Dammit, my phone. I'll be back in a minute. Sorry, Prof— Jungsoo!" 

 

Jungsoo shook his head in disbelief as he sent Heechul to grab his missing thing with a smirk on his face. That man would never know how much he adored him thoroughly, even this silly side of him. He was about to get in to his vehicle to start his car when suddenly someone ran to him full force, making him almost stumble due to his unreadiness. 

 

"Please help me!! Please!! There's a guy who keeps following me!!" 

 

For a moment, Jungsoo's face was washed blank in confusion, unable to register what was actually happening before a woman suddenly showed herself after hiding behind his back, clutching his coat.

 

"Please help me, Sir!! I'm so afraid!!" 

 

His guts told him to be cautious but leaving this girl alone was blatant ignorance and he could never do that. He sighed and scanned the place carefully, trying to find the person this girl referred to. And true, a guy was hiding behind the bus stop across the street. This situation was very trippy and he did not how to get out, safe. 

 

 

 

«────── « ⋅♥⋅ » ──────»

 

 

 

"Thanks for the charger, Wookie. I'm leaving now!" 

Heechul bid his friend the second goodbye as he jogged his way out of the bar, clutching the damn phone that made him feel super careless. However, as soon as he was outside, he could not find Jungsoo in his spot earlier albeit the car still there. He frowned and ambled to the car, thinking his husband was probably inside but to his dismay, he was not. 

His heart started to beat crazily, sweats on his forehead, on the thought that something might have happened to his husband. But he quickly dismissed his wild thoughts as he started to wander around the area. 

 

And he did find his husband, on the other side of the road, with a woman hugging him tightly. For a split second, Heechul almost puked, the memory from that fateful night flashing rapidly in his head. He could not breathe for his throat was clogged by a surge of emotions for seeing, yet again, the very same thing that happened, crushing the hell out of him. 

But this time, his instinct told him to stay, and not to run away like he always did. It was his, no, their last chance and he believed Jungsoo would never waste the only chance. Because if it turned out that his husband indeed repeated his mistake, it was not now or ever. He would go. 

 

He carefully crossed the street, bringing his shaky limbs to check what was truly happening. He almost stumbled when he finally managed to get closer to them and still, they never budged from their position. 

 

"C-can we go now or do I have to wait a little longer?" 

 

Jungsoo's eyes shot open, chills running down his spine, and he just wished the earth to swallow him alive. The worst he expected did happen. Heechul always came at the very wrong timing. Had he known Heechul would not take long to get his stuff, he would have waited for the latter before he did the chivalry to save this l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter