『18』

Lost Piece II: Refitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kindly vote for Super Junior here: Vote!

Thanks. Enjoy today's update! ^^

 

 

"What happened?"

Jungsoo, who just got home after another prolonged meeting with the committee, was immediately concerned by the fact that Donghae was crying a little too loudly, facing the wall, with Heechul looking a little distraught beside the little boy. Something felt off and he had to thank Nara when the latter suddenly approached him and narrated what stemmed this scene. But he was too early to be thankful, Nara only gave him an unnecessary headache when she yelled at him, telling him to do something to stop Heechul.

 

"That man— That man scolded Hae until he cried like that. Do something, Oppa. That's our child!"

 

Our child—theirs. Heechul inhaled sharply. He knew his husband had come home and Nara told on him with her twisted stories. But he was not in the mood to argue and he was relieved when he heard Jungsoo headed to the dining room instead of walking towards him nor Donghae. His priority right now was to make sure Donghae went through his punishment with him accompanying his son. He glanced at his watch and it was another minute before he should end the time-out.

 

"Hae. It's done."

Donghae immediately—not that he was not expecting it—turned his body and ran to Nara asking to be held. It pained him but he had to do what he was supposed to. He only eyed her who was trying so hard to calm him down, before she brought Donghae to the kids' room. And even then, he was only sitting in the living room, his hair. 

 

"What happened?" 

 

Heechul breathed harshly and threw himself on the couch, facing the ceilings. He heard Jungsoo's question and this time, he wanted his husband to hear his side of the story. 

"Hae hit his friend in the daycare. He wanted to play with his friend's toy but the kid didn't let him. He has to know what he's done is wrong."

Jungsoo smiled a little. He knew Heechul would not get angry at the kids without a valid reason. But he was also aware that the situation right now would not apply to their usual hug-it-off ritual after someone was scolded. Because with the presence of another parent, Donghae would easily seek protection from the said person. 

And it was a little unfair for Heechul because he was given no chance to make up with Donghae. 

 

"It's okay. You're doing—" 

"Kim Heechul!!" 

Nara suddenly barged in the room and stood sturdy in front of Heechul, not even letting Jungsoo finish his sentence. 

"Who the heck do you think you are? You have no right to punish my son like that. How can you call yourself a parent?" 

Heechul remained seated, not even looking at her. He was too busy nursing his own guilt and worry battling inside his heart. But everyone knew Nara would not be satisfied; she would not let the opportunity to attack Heechul slipped away. 

"Oppa! Look at what you've done to the kids by marrying this heartless, incompatible man!" 

Jungsoo pinched the bridge of his nose when his ex-wife's voice pierced his ears painfully. If it was not for her safety and the kids, he would ask her to leave way way back. Everything was slowly turning into a disaster, in a matter of time. 

"You," Nara suddenly pointed his finger at Heechul. 

"Know your place—" 

 

"D-daddy."

 

Jungsoo and the rest of them, even heated Nara, snapped to the tiny voice coming from the hallway. Jungsoo immediately rose and jogged to get his second son who had been dragging his blanket, crying. 

"What's wrong, Hae?" 

Donghae, sniffling, tried to speak albeit the hiccups, "C-can't s-sleep. M-maw. Maw."

Heechul needed not to hear it twice. He had bolted from his position a second he heard Donghae was looking for him. He immediately took Donghae's body from his husband's hold and hugged the crying kid.

"M-maw, H-hae c-can't sleep. S-sorry."

Heechul could finally let his smile bloom, breathing in relief, as he showered his little one with make-up kisses. 

"It's okay, Lil Donut. It's okay. Let's sleep now."

 

The corner of his lips rose a little, as he saw Heechul walking to the kids' room with Donghae clinging on to him. He looked sideways and it was unintentional that he showed his ex-wife he was not wrong about marrying Heechul. 

 

 

 

«────── « ⋅♥⋅ » ──────»

 

 

 

"You're okay, Maw?" 

Heechul was pulled out of his little daydreaming when Hyukjae suddenly sat beside him on the couch, leaning his body to him as he was busy playing the game on his phone. He smiled at the boy and smoothened his hair. 

"I'm fine," he assured. He would be fine, a little later, but not now. His mind had been a mess since this afternoon after he managed to put Donghae to sleep. Many thoughts kept coming, occupying his mind, that it almost became too overwhelming. 

Mainly because of the fact that he almost lost his chance to make up to his son; mainly because for the first time, he witnessed Donghae seeking comfort from someone else that was not him or his husband; mainly because he started to question whether he did what the kids needed; mainly because of her. 

His eyes had no longer focused on Hyukjae; they were wandering anywhere as if he were trying to look for the answer to his questions. However, when he was about to enter another journey of uncertainty, the sound of the door opened brought his attention back. 

 

"I'm home."

 

The way the sentence slipped out of ever so easily made his chest clench. Home—she surely knew how to play. She made everything Heechul clutched dearly fall apart before his eyes. He took a deep breath and glanced briefly at Hyukjae who turned out to have been staring at him since when he did not know, abandoning his game. No, Hyukjae did not need to know his agony. 

 

"Let's have dinner."

 

Hyukjae had been through a lot to know that the person he always looked up to was struggling to find his poise. At least right now, he had a reason to stand, unwavering. He immediately got up, holding Hyukjae's hand, and walked to the dining room. His throat felt so dry when he saw Nara had been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter