『24』

Lost Piece II: Refitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sun had rested in the dusk glow when he stepped out of the lecturers' room to the parking lot. Not many people were still on the campus, only a few students who stayed for projects and the professors who just got back from the excruciatingly long meeting. He ran down a few stairs and finally got to his car. But apparently, a little surprise had been waiting for him. He raised his brows when he found a sticky note on his car window. If it turned out to be the sickening threat again, he would spend the night finding who dared to terrorize him and Heechul. However, his eyes slowly widened when it was, surprisingly, not the same menace. It was a printed note—very clever to hide the handwriting—containing the address of a famous restaurant nearby. And albeit a little hesitant, he immediately went to the said place. 

 

 

 

«────── « ⋅♥⋅ » ──────»

 

 

 

"She doesn't how to stop," Hangeng scoffed, twirling the wine glass. He reread her massage once again and shook his head in disbelief. That woman texted him this afternoon asking him to meet her because she implied that Jungsoo hurt Heechul again. And he began to think that his brain could not function properly when it came to Heechul. He should have known that it was Nara's way to set Heechul up and unfortunately, he was forced to be involved. He threw his phone on the crowded table full of things like roses, candles, and wine before he got up, trying to relax while waiting for whoever would come, looking at the city view before his eyes. 

 

He let out a long sigh. The moment he arrived in this restaurant, he was directly led to this romantic set up full of things he always wanted to do for Heechul, but he knew it would never happen, even tonight. It was as if the universe was never on his side since day one. Every time he wanted to forget Heechul, things would always put him in a position where he could not deny his feelings. Just like when he was planning to move on, that woman offered her help to get closer to the man whose smile lingered in his mind for days. He smiled sadly, dropping his gaze, "I can't escape you, Chullie."

 

Upon seeing what the note attached to his car this evening wanted him to see, Jungsoo crumpled the paper and threw it carelessly. He should have known that Hangeng was behind all of this madness. He should have brought his family far far away from this man when he had a chance. His blood started to boil when he realized that Hangeng must have wanted him to see his husband in this very sickening setting with the man he hated so much and caused another misunderstanding to make it easier for him to get Heechul. He almost witnessed Heechul caught in the trap of that bastard but thank God—

 

"Prof. Park, calm down please."

 

—Heechul had been with him all along since this afternoon. He was surprised when he saw his husband going to the campus this afternoon but Heechul explained that he had a day off because the coworker whose shift he filled in the other day offered a to replace his work in return. He waited all noon for Jungsoo with his agenda and although it was a long- meeting, he should thank heaven for he did wait. The moment he saw the sticky note Jungsoo showed him, his heart began to race. It was not the threat they had been receiving but the vague intention the note carried was even scarier. 

And now that he saw Hangeng waiting at the said place, with all the settings for a romantic dinner, his worries doubled. Was it really Hangeng who planned this stupid thing? 

 

The tug on his sleeves from his nervous husband did not stop Jungsoo from advancing and pounced on the man, standing smugly at the other side of the table. Although Hangeng failed to carry out his plan, his anger flared anyway. 

 

"I told you not to ing lay your hands on him!" 

 

Heechul was frantic when everything fleeted before his eyes. Jungsoo had already shoved Hangeng against the high glass wall and still pushed the latter even more. Hangeng yelped in pain, his face reddening, and was about to push Jungsoo's body when he was a second late than the professor's fist. The sharp pain on his cheek left him speechless and his immediate response was to punch him back. But he was glad he could stop himself in time because Heechul suddenly came between them. 

 

"Stop! For sake!" 

Heechul wrapped his arms around his husband as he tried to bring Jungsoo farther away from Hangeng. It was fortunate that the rooftop was empty or else they would have been kicked out of the restaurant and Jungsoo would get some issues regarding his public image as a respectable academician. 

 

"What's this punch for, Mr. Husband?" Hangeng sarcastically asked, nursing the pain on his cheek. Jungsoo was struggling to pry his hands away from Heechul's hold without hurting him but Heechul was persistent. 

 

"You're playing dirty, you know that?" Jungsoo lashed out. 

"What did I do? You're the one who's being irrationally angry at me and even punched me," Hangeng snarled. 

"Let him go, Chul. That professor also dese

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter