Act 1 Scene 3

And, Scene!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The alarm clock is thee most annoying sound on the surface of the earth. Nobody can design a more annoying sound than what alarms produce. Except when I realize it's not my usual alarm sound. It's my ringtone.

I swiftly locate my phone from somewhere under the covers and look into the bright screen. Aunt June is calling, I quickly swipe my phone to unlock. What the heck, what time is it? 

"Hi, darling! Sorry to call you at this hour but we landed a few hours ago, had some trouble with a passport but we've gotten out of immigration already," her voice is cheerful but tired. I glance at my clock on my bedside. It reads 2am. "Oh that's great, auntie. Did you need me for something?" I ask, still confused. She laughs, "Sorry, yes. I meant to ask you for the address of the place. I booked us a hotel for the night but hopefully tomorrow morning you could show us the place you got for us." I sigh in relief at her response. 

"Sure thing, auntie! I'll be there at your hotel in the morning, I'll text you the address."

After a few more detail exchanges, the call ends and I'm greeted by the silence of my room again. The only sound being the air conditioner running. I set an alarm to 6am and fall into another deep sleep.

 

The alarm rings. This time it's the actual alarm and not a phone call. Surprisingly, I get out of bed easily. It feels different now because I actually have something I committed to. Otherwise, on a normal day I would lie in bed until the last morning call then get out when I know I'm late already.

Since I'll be meeting celebrities today and actually working with them, I put more effort into my outit. But not so much that it will make me uncomfortable. I've seen my aunt working, she once brought me to a concert but accidentally left me backstage while she was running around double checking things. I can guess why she needs an assistant. 

After throwing on some accessories, I check myself one last time in the mirror, grab my phone and leave, locking the door behind me. The uber driver had already texted me of his arrival. I spot the car upon arriving at the ground floor and I get in after confirming his name.

 

A  few casual conversations later, we arrive at the hotel address my aunt had texted me. Quite nice. Very posh looking. I thank the driver before getting out of the car. I'm just on time for the 7am that I promised my aunt. I entered and there's a few bags in the lobby and a bunch of people in black gathered in the side. I walk further inside and finally find the familiar face I've been looking for.

"Ren! Sweetie, great to see you!" My aunt stops what she was doing and walks to me with open arms. I walk towards her with a grin and we hug. 

"Sorry, am I late?" I ask, checking my watch even if I knew I wasn't. "You're not! Just on time, actually." she squeezes my arm. I look behind her at the crew who were also looking at me. She follows my gaze and looks behind her. "Oh right! Everyone, this is my goddaughter Ren. She will be my assistant manager since she lives here in LA." My aunt introduces me to the crew. "Hi everyone, I hope we can work together well!" I politely smile at them and bow. They return the gesture before shortly going back to what they were doing. 

My aunt turns back around to face me and she gives me a tired smile. "The boys are taking so long. I told them to be down here in 5 minutes. It's been 15!" she puts her hand on her forehead and massages her temple. I could only chuckle, to try and brighten up the mood. "It'll be fine, auntie! It'll work out smoothly in the end, you're great at your job!" 

Suddenly, noise errupts coming from the elevator and about six boys dispersed from it, all laughing and brightly smiling. My aunt gave me a smile, "I should probably introduce them to you." She then proceeds to take me to them. 

"You guys took too long! Anyway, Ren is here. I've told you guys about her, right? You can approach her if you need any help, but don't be so hard. She's an assistant manager, not a servant." My aunt gestures at me as she introduces me to them.

"Hi, Ren! I'm Baekhyun. I'm the hyung of these idiots," the pink haired guy in front of me steps out and gestures to the boys next to him. "This is Taemin, Ten, Taeyong, Kai and Mark!" He introduces each member to me one by one. They bow deeply to me and I bow as well. "Nice to meet you all." I smile. But aren't they... supposed to be seven?

I ignore the thought, I probably miscounted in their photo. The members start loading their things into the van with the help of the crew members. One of the cameramen are already filming. I help out but try to stay out of the frame. 

"Hi, noona." A friendly face greets me all of a sudden, startling me. "Oh! Hi. It's Mark, right? Please, don't call me noona. I believe we're the same age? I'm 20." I laugh as we load the last bag into the van. "Oh! Yes, I'm 20 too. June noona said you're a film major. That's so cool!" He gave me two thumbs up with a big smile. I couldn't help but laugh. This boy is too cute, like a small brother.

"Yes! I do, actually. I'm in my second year, but I have midterm break right now so yeah." He nods at my answer as we slowly walk towards the others. "Does that mean you've filmed your own movies?" he asks, looking very interested. I nod my head slowly, thinking. "Yes, I guess so. Actually, I have a project for my midterm break. I need to make a short film." I tell him. I think Mark and I will be good friends. 

"That sounds so fun! What will it be about?" We start getting into the van. I cringe before telling him my answer. "Romance, actually... that's like... my weakest genre." I confess, laughing nervously. Mark smiles at my response and he was about to say something else but aunt June interrupts us by asking for a headcount. I quickly count and report to her, "Six boys here." She stares into space, like she's solving an equation. "Six? There's supposed to be seven." The boys' heads snap up instantly.

"Ya! Lucas!" Kai shouts from the backseat. I knew it! One was missing after all...

The members all start to laugh and aunt June sighs loudly, face palming. "Someone go get him." Without a second thought, I raise my hand and stand from my seat. "I'll go, just tell me the room number." I prompt. I feel bad I let one go missing. "Room 306, level 3." Aunt June instructs me right away without a second to waste. She smiles at me before I go off into the lobby once again and press on the elevator button. Room 306, floor 3. 

I get there in a flash, good thing there was nobody else in the lift besides me and the bell boy. I quickly walk into room 306. There's a boy at the door, surrounded by a bunch of girls. Bingo. Perhaps that's why he hasn't gone down.

Now to address the situation at hand... how do I get him away from those girls? Suddenly, an idea comes to mind. I walk past them, meeting his eye. Although for some reason, I felt like our eyes lingered. I stand by the window for a second before suddenly gasping, as if in shock. "OMG! Is that Mark Lee from SuperM?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter