Act 3 Scene 1

And, Scene!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"All ready!" Lucas walks out of his room in style, like a model on a fashion runway. He does a couple of poses for me while I have a glass of water by the kitchen island counter. 

While waiting, I'd exchanged text messages with aunt June who said she was meeting up with a few friends and called Pearl who was on a beach somewhere in Italy having the time of her life. When I reminded Pearl about our project she told me she'd completely forgotten and we had a good laugh about it. I'd then ordered an Uber and it would soon be arriving shortly.

"Have a snack before we head out." I grab a packet of crisps from the overhead shelf and tear it open and shoving some into my mouth before offering him some. His hand almost wrecks the packaging since the bag is small compared to his huge hands. We continue snacking in silence until-

"So, this is a date?" Lucas smirks and takes a daring step towards me. My body freezes. He's laughing. I set down the bag of chips and take a step closer to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "I guess it is." 

Lucas is amused at my reaction. This is certainly the first time we've been extremely close in which I was the one who initiated it. Now he's frozen. Just then, my phone rings on the counter and I turn around to take it. "Ride's here." I leave him in the kitchen with his jaw still on the floor.

I ignore the fluttering in my stomach as we head over to the car waiting outside by the gate.

After confirming the driver's identity, we get in and I tell him to head on over to Griffith Observatory. It'll take us about 20 minutes which was fine considering that it's only 4:40pm right now and the sun usually sets around half past 5.

Lucas takes out his phone and starts recording me.

"We are at... the car." He starts talking. I thought he was maybe doing an livestream so I kept quiet. He suddenly faces the camera towards me. "Ren, say hi!" He waves at me. "Hello?" I wave at the camera confused. He reads my expression and puts his phone down. "It's for the film!" He grins. Ohhh. Right. That was silly of me to think he'd actually show me on his livestream. That would be like asking for a death wish.

"So, what do you expect at the Griffith Observatory?" I start questioning him. "I want to see the Hollywood sign better. Take many photos." He earnestly answers. I nod and look out the window. I realize this is my first time to be going out with a guy in the late afternoon. 

"We should probably pick up the drinks for tonight on our way back," Lucas suggests. I agree. Maybe drop by a convenience store later. 

After some time, the car pulls up by the entrance of the Griffith Observatory. There are a few tourists roaming about but not so crowded. Most of them looked to be leaving already. Lucas slips on his sunglasses before opening t he door to his side of the car and getting out and then quickly running to my side to open the door for me. 

This is going to be an interesting night.

"Thank you, kind sir." I start acting like a rich woman and nod politely at Lucas before stepping foot outside. The boy's eyes gleamed, I noticed he looked a little formally dressed than usual. Lucas catches my drift right away and smiles. He offers his hand for me to take and I reach out and hold onto it as I step out of the car. The car driver suddenly beeps his car horn and rolls down his window.

"Hey! Pay up, you kids!" He impatiently yells. I'd completely forgotten. I blame Lucas.

While in shock, I take out my phone and pay up. Lucas was eyeing the driver. I nudge him a little before showing the driver my proof of payment. With that, he drove away. I look behind me at Lucas who looked set off by the man. I laugh and push him a little to knock him out of it. He snaps out of it and composes himself once again. "Anyway, where were we?" The smile I was more familiar with crept up to his face again.

I guide him towards a place wherein the Hollywood sign can be seen clearly. He claps his hands and spread his arms."Wow!" He says a little too loudly. A few people look at us. I cover my mouth and hit his shoulder lightly. "Shh!" He laughs. "So pretty!" He ignores me. More people were looking now. I put my hand on my temple to hide my face jokingly. Lucas puts his arms down and starts laughing. "Okay, let's take a few photos now." He pulls out his phone and points it in my direction.

I stand frozen. I thought he wanted me to take his picture.

I hear the shutter go off as he starts taking photos of me. "Interesting choice of pose but it works." He comments. I cover my face before he can take more photos. "This is awkward! Let me take your photos." I start walking towa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter