Act 3 Scene 2

And, Scene!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lucas and I walked in silence the rest of the way home but the silence wasn't awkward or painful to bear with, it was comfortable and I liked that I could have that with him. We walk in through the gate and already find a bunch of rowdy members running around and tackling each other. They all turn and look at us and greet us both merrily. It kind of felt like Christmas eve when you're walking into the house with presents and the kids get excited.

"Ren! Lucas!" Mark runs towards us with his arms open. He hugs us both which surprised me. Well, looks like they've all been recharged and are energized to the heavens. Mark takes the bag of snacks I had in hand and we all get in the house. They've ordered takeout chinese food from nearby. Overpriced takeout chinese food which wasn't even half as good as the ones sold on reasonable prices around downtown LA. I sit on the sofa with the box of noodles they'd left out for us and start eating, nonetheless.

"So, how was it?" Ten takes a seat next to me and gives me a smug look. He looked like an aunt trying to get some juicy details about what happened between you and the guy that dropped you over at home. He looked exactly like that. I make sure to chew my food thoroughly and swallow.

"It was good." I give him a bland answer. He furrowed his brows together at my short and boring answer, but he smirks again. "I bet." He teases and flicks Lucas' coat which I was still wearing. "It was cold, I forgot to bring a sweater!" I reason with Ten as he continues to nag me. I could hear the other boys pestering Lucas in the kitchen as well.

The boys all gather into the living room as well. I see they've wasted no time getting to the beer. Ten and I get handed both a bottle and Ten opens them both for us and set mine on the coffee table in front. I'd finished up the noodles and go to the kitchen to dispose of the box I ate from. On my way back, I decided to check if aunt June was home already only to find her room still empty. I'd left my bag in her room before leaving with Lucas earlier. I take off the heels I've been wearing and take out my socks that would be more comfortable to get around in. 

I walk back to the living room to join the boys who were all huddled around Taemin who was on his phone.

"What's going on?" I take my beer from the table and take a sip. The taste is something I wasn't used to, but after a long day it sure did feel good going down.

"We're trying to order fried chicken but..." Baekhyun scratches his head. They all looked confused. Suddenly, a voice came from the phone, startling them all. "Hello, korean restaurant here. May I help you?" The boys are in shambles at this point. I walk on over and take the phone from Taemin who looked mortified. I cover the phone's microphone before asking, "where did you even get this number?" I sneered. They shrug in response.

"Hi, I'd like to order for delivery," 

 

After some time, we'd pooled in all the cash we had lying around to pay for the order they made. They'd also found a wine bottle in the fridge but there was only a little left. We figured it was aunt June's. They promised they'd just buy her a new bottle since this one was nearly finished anyway. We took our eight wine glasses and evenly poured each glass some win.

"Cheers! To SuperM!" Baekhyun shouts. We all gathered in the kitchen and raise our glasses altogether. "Cheers!" we all say after him and clink our glasses together before taking a generous sip. Lucas had chugged his all down which made us laugh seeing that all of us still had a drink but him.

"To Ren!" Baekhyun makes another toast which surprises me but we all lift our glasses again. Even Lucas lifts his empty glass. This made me feel a mixture of sad and happy. I wish SuperM is very successful with their career. One day, this will be just another memory to me about a group of unexpected friends I never thought I would ever have. In just four days, the boys had taken me into  their friend group as if I've known them in years. The sad thing about it is after their promotion in LA is over, when SuperM goes back to promote in Korea... I will be yet just another girl they'd met in their long career. 

I push aside those thoughts and finish off my wine. Tonight isn't goodbye yet. We should enjoy it to the fullest.

 

"Hey, come on! A game is a game. Don't be a party pooper." Baekhyun yells at Kai. He's absolutely smashed. As drunk as a skunk.

We're playing spin the bottle. Whoever the end of the bottle lands on, he'll have to spin it again and whoever the bottle then points at will go into the small pantry room with him. In the dark. They added the in the dark thing because they're aiming for more of a scary encounter in the pantry rather than an awkward encounter between the two people since... I'm the only girl and it wouldn't really make sense. Baekhyun even said I don't even pass as a girl which I took great offense to. But I don't think that's what he really meant to say so I brushed it off and laughed.

Kai had spun the bottle and it landed on Taemin. Kai retaliates by saying Taemin will scare him in the pantry and possibly try to kiss him. I can guess just by his face that he's tipsy. New information I learned is that Taemin is a light drinker. And Mark? Can't even keep down his alcohol. He's sobering up on the sofa now after just one round of being with Taeyong in the pantry room. Lucas, on the other hand has just been a laughing mess all night. I can't tell if he's drunk or just extremely happy. As for me, I could still see straight, but I couldn't stop giggling.

Taemin stands from the floor but he could barely walk a straight line. He smiles at Kai before putting his arm around Kai's shoulder and leading him to the pantry room. We're cheering as they reach the door and close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter