Act 4 Scene 3

And, Scene!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night is starting to pipe down, as Lucas and I share the last few remaining popcorns from the bowl after an exhausting small two people dance party. I got us both a cup and poured soda in each one with a few cubes of ice. Unlike me, Lucas didn't look as red-faced and tired after dancing. This is, after all, what he does for a living. He takes a long swig of the soda and sits back on the sofa, letting me finish off the last lonesome popcorn at the bottom of the bowl.

"That was fun now, wasn't it?" Lucas beams proudly that he was able to make me dance. I connected his phone to my speaker a little earlier because I was having too much fun with only that maximum volume as his phone can produce. It plays softly, another song that I wasn't familiar with this time.

I take a sip of the coke before replying to him, "Yes, definitely. Ten out of ten would try again." The sarcasm in my voice is obvious but I was only kidding with him. The truth is even if I wasn't skilled at dancing, Lucas looked at me otherwise.

He gives me a look before shaking his head and laughing, looking back up at the empty ceiling above us.

"I'm beat." I yawn. Sleep was overdue for the both of us, having had a tiring day today. Rest was needed. I take the empty bowl and place our empty cups in it to take to the kitchen. I place it on the sink and shrug it off. I'll wash them tomorrow morning.

Lucas gets up and follows me to my room, taking a look inside before coming in. "Neat place, miss Shimizu." He comments.

The atmosphere was lighter in the living room, but the bedroom felt different. It isn't our first time being in bed together and definitely not the first time being alone in one but the fact that I've never had a boy over and in my bedroom made me feel a little awkward. Lucas must have noticed because he hesitates to walk any further and says, "Sorry. I understand if you want me to sleep outside." 

I quickly shake my head no, facing him and smiling. "No, stay," I place my phone on my desk and sit as I look over at my bed, which suddenly felt all too small for the both of us. "I'm sorry my room's a mess." I glance at my desk where a clutter of things are scattered, mostly skin care and stationary. He shrugs and starts looking around.

"I like it. It's a room embodiment of what goes on in your mind," He takes a seat on the end of my bed in front of me and feels the comforter below him. He's looking up at me now and the tension between us has definitely risen. He stands, taking slow steps until he's right in front of me as I sit helplessly on my desk. Lucas puts his hands on either side of me, leaning down at me. I'm frozen still, looking at his neck but I make myself look at him and see a little smile on his lips. "You're the most beautiful person I've ever laid my eyes on." 

With that, he closes the little space we had left between us and kisses me. His lips soft, welcoming and gentle. It makes me believe what he said, even if it didn't make any sense to me. How can such a perfect depiction of an angel be attracted to me of all people? I just wanted to believe everything he says at this point because it was all too good to be true. I just don't know if it's the right decision at the moment, but it definitely feels like it. Everything about now felt right. His lips on mine and hands around me. Am I wrong for not worrying?

Lucas eventually pulls away, smiling at me and sitting back on my bed. "We should get some rest." He takes my hand and pulls me to the bed. The clock above my desk read 11:47pm. Perhaps he's right.

We get in bed together and before I can even pull the covers over me, he pulls me close to him and engulfs me. His warmth is enough to make my eyelids  feel heavy. I feel myself relax in his arms as he starts humming a familiar song. At this point I'm half asleep while he's playing with my hair and singing the song I'm too sleepy to remember. 

My body surrenders to sleep just as he finishes humming the song and I hear Lucas whisper goodnight to me.

 

The sound of plates and utensils clashing is faint but enough to wake me up. I slept the whole night through. The bed is empty now, leaving a Lucas shaped dent beside me on the sheets. Other than that, there's a single rose on my bedside table, along with a note that reads Good morning on it with a little heart scribbled after the words. I feel myself smile as I give the rose a sniff. I get out of bed and place both the note and the rose on my desk for safe keeping.

Excitedly, I open the door to look for the man behind these sweet gestures and the smell of breakfast get stronger. I follow the scent to the kitchen where a busy bee is muttering to himself, whisking something in a bowl and trying to stir rice in a pot as well. 

Without being noticed, I manage to walk from my bedroom door to Lucas and give him a sneak attack by hugging him. He jumps and lets out some gibberish words, none of which I can't figure the exact language of. This multilingual man wasn't having none of it. Once Lucas turns around and sees me doubling over in laughter, he growls and takes the can of whipped cream next to him. 

I start to run and Lucas chases me, snatching me by the waist before I can get away and I hear the sound of the cream being squeezed from the can. He puts whipped cream over my upper lip and lets me go, turning me around to look at my face. I look back at him with the most serious expression I can muster but almost instantly starts laughing when Lucas does.

After catching our breath from laughing too much, Lucas helps balance me on my feet and takes me by surprise as he leans in and gives me a kiss, getting whipped cream on his lip too. He chuckles. I feel myself reach over and put my hands around his neck and pull his face down to meet his lips with mine. If every morning consisted of this, I wish the day would go by quicker.

Once Lucas and I finished the breakfast he prepared for us, I tossed him an oversized men's shirt that I got on discount in a thrift store downtown and we each had a quick shower before being out the door by 8am. It felt like we were a married couple rushing to work. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

We get into the uber I ordered and instruct the driver to take us to the estate. Luckily, there's no schedule today and the boys want to use the pool at home as aunt June told me on text when she asked if Lucas was with me. So, along with an extra change of shirt I packed something to wear in the pool. Of course, Lucas didn't want to leave and suggested to spend the day together in my apartment. Prior aunt June's text I was considering it but after she messaged me, I felt the need to bring Lucas back. 

Lucas' hand reaches for mine as we ride in the backseat of the car. As if on instinct, our hands interlock. They fit each other easily, like two hands that were made specifically for each other. His big hands, overlapping mine.

We eventually get back to the estate where from the gate we can already hear the excited cheering of the boys and the sound of water being splashed around. We go straight to the pool where everyone is gathered, after putting down my bag in the living room. They all turn, expecting us.

"Lucas! Ren!" Mark calls our name, and we turn to see him on a floatie. Like a kid wanting to show his parents something cool, he's waving excitedly like we hadn't seen each other yesterday.

Taeyong, Ten and Mark were in the water while the other boys were just about to take a dip, sitting on the sunbeds and applying sunscreen on each other. "Come on in, guys!" Taeyong urges, swimming around and looking like a puppy in the pool. Aunt June comes out from the kitchen carrying a tray of drinks and some snacks. She greets me hello before setting the tray down on the table nearby.

"Perhaps we all should use the pool before it gets too hot in the day," I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter