Act 1 Scene 5

And, Scene!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunlight streams into my room as the sun began to rise up. I hear birds chirping outside my window. I feel like I just had the best sleep in my 20 years of living. I turn to my side and reach for my phone. 7:49am. My body reacts before I could think things through, landing me on the floor as I'd tried to get out of bed too quickly. Nicely done, Ren. Overslept. First actual day on the job and you've manage to already run late! 

Good thing I'm experienced and professional at this. Although it's not a good thing I'm always running late...

Without a moment to spare, I run to the bathroom and start brushing my teeth while at the same time hopping into the shower. This is multitasking at it's best, I feel like Usain Bolt right now. Once out of the shower, time check it's 7:55 at this time. I start throwing on some clothes while booking an Uber to get me to the place ASAP. Luckily, I do this weird thing wherein I hang outfits I'd already prepared just in case I'm not in the mood to pick something out. I get the bag I'd used yesterday, throw in my essentials and I'm out the door by 8am. There's a cafe I like to go to down the street, if I could quickly run to get breakfast and some coffee maybe aunt June wouldn't be too disappointed with me.

I start running and boy, let me tell you I haven't ran this fast since maybe when I was in gradeschool. 

The line isn't too long so I get in, my shoes tapping against the hardwood floor. I look at my watch and it's 8:02. A new counter opened. I rush towards it without looking too desperate and weird. "Hi, good morning. Sorry, I'm kind of in a rush can I have an everything bagel and about 8 lattes." I tell the man taking my order. I don't know if the boys even drink coffee but this is called wishful thinking. He nods and gets to work right away. I hand him a 50, not  bothering to look at the price of what I just ordered. It'll hurt my pockets later. He hands me back some change. In 2 minutes, the barrista had my order ready. The bell dinged and I quickly walk over to pick it up. At the same time, the Uber had just texted that he's in front of my apartment. 

It's only 8 in the morning and I'm already exhausted. Great job, Ren! 

After confirming the Uber's identity, I get in. He steps on it right away as I'd noted I was in a rush. We get to the house by 8:10am. I thank him before stepping out of his car. The crew are busy packing things into the van and filming the boys. I approach aunt June who was discussing something with the show producer.

"Morning!" I greet her, laughing nervouly after she finishes speaking to the producer. "Sorry I'm late... I bought coffee." I offer her a cup and she smiles. "Thank you, sweetie. What would I do without you?" she accepts the cup of takes a sip before being swept away by the crew.

Mark catches my eye and starts walking towards me with a sheepish grin on his face. "Ooh! Is that for me?" He teases. I laugh and nod, "I'd like to watch you drink 7 cups of lattes." I mess with him in return. The other boys start walking out of the house. I take the coffees and offer each of them a cup. Thankfully, all of them took it. Ten looked the most excited.

"Good morning, Ren! Ren Ren Ren!" Baekhyun cheerfully sings from the doorway of the house as he'd recieved his coffee. Lucas suddenly comes up behind him, again, looking like a lost kid at the mall. Our eyes meet and he smiles from ear to ear. Suddenly, t his coffee I have in my hand is making me feel all warm and funny.

By 8:20, all the members were in the van and we're on the way to a studio in order for them to practice for their showcase. I laugh at their reactions to the tall trees that stood in the streets of Miami. They're all so excited and energized. Though I try to keep quiet as they'd started filming for their show. They're all pumped and excited and the energy is quite contagious. 

After playing around and exchanging jokes in the van, we arrived at the studio and make our way in. The members are told to go up right away as we're already a little bit behind schedule. I stay behind to see if I could help out with anything, but it seems the crew doesn't need much helping. They're all so professional. 

"Can I help with anything?" I walk towards aunt June who's handling some papers with the schedules on it. She looks up at me and thinks for a while, "Actually, yes. Darling, could you manage the food for lunch? Order takeout, something good for the members but not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter