Act 3 Scene 3

And, Scene!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After cleaning up, the living room was spotless once again. I thank the heaven's above I was able to pull through just a little bit more to clean up because leaving it trashed would be so embarrassing to the production crew and most especially, aunt June, who hasn't come home yet. Lucas was in his room searching for clothes to lend me so I'm standing awkwardly by the door waiting.

"You can come in, you know. There's no laser that'll slice you in half if you enter." He jokes. I take a step inside but stand still next to the door, still awkward. He looks at me and shakes his head, laughing. 

"Here you go, princess." He sets down a plain shirt and a pyjama bottom on his bed for me to change into. I nod and thank him quietly. "Did you want underwear too?" He laughs. I scowl and groan. "Okay, thank you. Goodnight now, Lucas." I walk over behind him and push him out of the room. I shut the door after him and sigh in relief. For once, I'm alone. 

I sit on his bed for a bit and take the clothes he'd put down for me. I put my hands on my face and collapse on the bed, my face burning. I couldn't stop smiling, my heart felt like it was running a thousand miles per hour. I don't usually react to things like this... How come only Lucas can make me feel this way? 

With a sigh, I take myself to the washroom and make sure I've locked both doors, since Lucas and Taeyong shared a bathroom. Wouldn't want what happened a few days ago, happen again. I get changed after a quick, cold shower, that really sobered me up. I then walk over to his bed and get under the covers. Even this bed reeks heavily of Lucas. I almost wish my bed at home smelled the same. 

I'm in bed, expecting to be knocked out in just seconds because I could feel the exhaustion kicking in already, but it's not happening. Maybe it's because I'm in an unfamiliar bed, or just because I couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier today. I kick around in bed, trying to get into a comfortable position but it only woke me up even more it seems.

Sighing, I take myself out of bed. Maybe I'd forgotten to do something. I'll check one time to make sure everything's good. I walk over to the door and open it slowly so I could peek a little. The hallway was dim and the house was silent. I tip-toe my way to the kitchen. Right, I forgot to prepare the painkillers for tomorrow when we'll all be having a hell of a hangover.

From the kitchen, I see that Lucas had set up on one of the sofas for the night. As I prepare the painkillers and set aside a pitcher of water next to empty glasses, I can see him shiver ever so slightly. I paid no mind to it but earlier when I woke up with a blanket on me, it was most probably had been Lucas who did it. 

I quickly slip back into his room to take the blanket he'd put on me earlier and walk quietly to a Lucas sleeping soundly and put it over his body. I guess I didn't do it gentle enough because when I stood back up to leave, Lucas was looking up at me and he was holding onto my hand. "Ren," he says my name. His hands are cold and he's still shivering.

"Do you feel alright?" I take a seat on the sofa next to his body and put my hand on his forehead to feel his temperature. He closes his eyes as I continue feeling his forehead. It seems he'd caught a cold. "I think you're coming up with a fever," I sigh. "What's the deal with sleeping without a blanket, smarty pants?" I give him a scolding. I remembered all the times today he'd put me first, like letting me sleep in his room and giving me his blazer as we're coming home from the observatory. And now, he's catching a cold. The guilt settles in with me.

"Come on, you can't sleep here in the couch. It's too cold and uncomfortable." I help lift him up and we start walking to his room with the blanket still around him. Imagine if I didn't get out of bed and had just carelessly fallen asleep. He slips into bed and I put the covers on him. "Wait here, I'll give you something to lessen your cold." I get up to go out and get a damp cloth to put on his forehead and some medicine to help reduce the pain as well. 

I notice he'd left his phone on the coffee table so I made a quick mental note to pick it up before going back into the room. With a cloth, I put it under the sink and let the water flow on it while then pouring him a glass of water and medicine for fever. I squeeze the cloth to get rid of the water and put things together on a tray so I could bring it back easier. His phone starts ringing from the table just as I'm approaching it. 

The number was unidentified so I had no plan on answering and I wait a few moments before it stopped ringing. Eventually the caller ID had stopped flashing on the screen and goes back to the lockscreen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter