Act 3 Scene 4

And, Scene!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon letting myself into my apartment, the first thing I do is head to bed and collapse in it, pulling the covers over me. I could go to bed but I needed to be at the venue in two hours. Even though my body and my eyes were protesting, I force myself to get up from my bed and go to the washroom to take a nice, well-deserved shower. I let the cold water run down my body from my head down to my toes before washing my hair with shampoo and conditioner. Then, I start scrubbing my body using a loofa with some body wash, creating soap suds that proceed to go down to the drain.

Finally, I can get into some fresh clothes. Although my body longed to be back in Lucas' shirt, I put on one of my own instead. I take a seat in front of my vanity and apply the face cream resting beside my mirror. My phone had started ringing from where I'd left it on the bed so I reach over to see who's calling and to my delight, it's Pearl calling me on FaceTime. Without a moment wasted, I click on the accept button and her face comes up on my screen.

"Hey!" She greeted me happily through the phone. Hearing her voice made it enough for my hangover to disappear completely.

"Hi, bub!" I wave at her before setting my phone down to rest against my mirror so I could do my makeup while talking to my best friend. She changes the way she's lying on the bed she's on and goes on her stomach, holding the phone in front of her. She looked tanner than the last time we'd seen each other.

"You look happy." There's a small smile playing on her lips. The last time we'd spoken was yesterday before Lucas and I headed out for the observatory. I hadn't updated her about what happened but she told me to fill her in as soon as something happens.

"Well," I start applying the concealer to hide the eyebags that had formed under my eyes due to all these months of university. "I am. I really am." I start blushing. I wonder if I still need to apply blush to my cheeks since I can't help but do it naturally every time Lucas is around anyway. 

"That's nice," She smirks. "So, tell me about him. In full detail." 

 

"Sis, you got it in the bag! What do you mean he's just playing for the movie? He's whipped for you, and you're into him too!" Pearl had been squealing the entire time while I told her about what I've been up to and everything that had happened between Lucas and I.

I hadn't actually thought about the possibility that Lucas liked me. I just assumed he was just that way. That it was his personality and I shouldn't feel too special. With a face like that, can you even blame him? But hearing this from Pearl made me feel a little glint of hope within me.

"Shut up." I try not to let my hopes get too high, shrugging off what Pearl is telling me even though I so badly want to believe her.

"There's just not enough proof to that." I continue telling Pearl. Telling myself. 

Pearl rolls her eyes and changes position again. This girl can't sit still. Since middle school, she'd always be the one kid the teacher complains about that's too energetic and talkative that when she gets seated somewhere else to lessen her noise, she still ends up making a ruckus and disrupting the class. She gives me a mischevious smile.

"Yeah and don't they have a rule that they can't date?" She says, which actually managed to crack my heart a little bit. "Ha! See! You're affected." She points at me through the phone. "Your expression showed it all." She tells me.

I groan before putting my head down on the table in frustration. "What do I do, Pearl? I don't want to be unprofessional but... I think I'm starting to-" I pull my head up from the table to look at Pearl but the screen of my phone had just turned pitch black. I reach for it and click the home button but the battery sign had risen, telling me to plug it in. Dammit.

As I take my charger from my bag, I look at the time and see I'd already used up almost an hour of getting ready. I quickly plug my phone in for it to charge and go to the kitchen to make me some breakfast. I hope the boys had been given breakfast too since we'd all left the house with nothing but coffee in our system. It's crazy how after only less than a week, I've grown attach to these boys and somehow always keep them in mind even if I'm not with them at the moment. They're like a bunch of kids you want to take care of.

My kitchen is small, well equipped for me who can't cook anything besides noodles or soup and sometimes when blessed by the Gods, I get the cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter