Day 30

30 days of bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 31, 2014

 I couldn’t believe what was happening, I couldn’t believe what we survived. SinB was alive, and we were getting married. Nothing could stop the euphoria I was feeling. 

There I was, fitting into a dress I never thought I’d wear. I had picked the outfit out in advance; moving fast truly was a common occurrence. Some moments, though, were meant to be savored, and today was one of those moments.

The ceremony was short and sweet, consisting only of our families–or what was left of them–and close friends. The reception would comprise even fewer people, and would be far more casual; including only the four brides, Sowon, and Eunha. We ended up sticking with what we knew: karaoke. Ironically, the person to suggest noraebang was none other than SinB. The rest of us were worried, but she insisted. In the karaoke room, we were greeted to bottles of champagne and enough food to feed a nation.

 

“for an impromptu wedding, I think we’ve done a pretty good job.“ Sowon praised. 

“Yes! It was very nice. Thank you for helping put it together in such short notice.” I said, furthering her praise.

Sinb wasted no time slumping into the comfort of the couch. She had probably exhausted herself from the talking she had to do—even though it was minimal. Making my way over, I seated myself next to her. 

“Why exactly did you choose karaoke of all things? You can’t even take part.” She turned to me with an annoyed look on her face. 

“Sure I can.” She combated, a chuckle escaping my lips.

“You can try, I guess. But you should be careful.” Looking down at her feet, SinB nodded. She reached for a pad of paper on the table by the massive amounts of food and beverage and began noting away—showing me the note she wrote.

“This won’t last forever, right?” 

“Of course not,” a stray hair from her face. “But the more you use your voice, the longer it’ll take to heal.” SinB sighed inaudibly.

“I know,”

“So why did you want to go to karaoke?”

“Does it matter? I wanted to,” 

“You’re so strange.” 

“You’re one to talk!” We laughed. 

Everyone began preparing for their musical endeavors, while I took comfort by laying my head on SinB’s shoulder, wrapping my arms around her.

“I love you,” I admitted, sighing into her neck.

“I love you too.” Almost inaudible, but her soft words rang clear in my ears. We sat there in comfortable silence as we waited for everything to be set. Glasses were passed around to the entire room.

“To the married couples!” Eunha yelled as we clinked our glasses together. We sang for hours–well–Yuju sang mostly, taking the stage and every so often pulling up Umji for a duet. I sang minimally, but more so enjoyed sitting by SinB’s side while the other girls sang. A tap to my arm shook me away from focusing on the tipsy girl’s ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter