CHAPTER 1.2: UNLOCKING YOU

TANGENT | A JINJOO AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank goodness your back, Chaewon” An old woman embrace me. It’s so warm and full of longing. The minute she embrace me I felt a little pain, a pain from my broken arm and a pain that I can’t understand. The doctors look at each other with confusion. It’s like I didn’t reacted the way they expect to.

 

“You don’t remember us, Chaewon?” I shook my head as a reply. And even if you do everything you can, I won’t be able to. I am not the one who you expect to come back.

 

“Yujin, remember your mission.” I can hear Eunbi talking to me through my mind. “I have no reason to do it. Then why should I? Bring me back to my body! BRING ME BACK!” I can’t live in a body that isn’t mine. Whoever this Chaewon is, she should be the one dealing with this stuff in her life.

 

“That’s the reason why you are doing this. Your body is slowly dying Yujin and if you don’t finish it on time. You’ll be trap in that body you’re in… until your last breath. Perhaps, I offer you my help anytime you need it.”

 

My mind can’t process everything. I’m trapped in a stranger’s body. I have a mission, which I don’t know what and my body? I don’t know where it is. I felt someone held my face that brought me back to reality. The doctors already finished checking the body without me noticing it. I don’t consider it mine so I won’t call it mine. They said I’m fine except for a broken arm, scars and memory loss.

 

“She probably has amnesia. We should conduct further test.” I heard an old man, who is a doctor too, discussing his first diagnosis to his co-doctors.

 

“Let’s all be glad that she’s awake now” The old woman who embrace me also hug the old man. “Minjoo, we’ll go now. Just call us if Chaewon need anything” Then all of them leave the room. “Get some rest Chaewon dear” The old woman kissed my forehead before heading out. The girl sat on the chair near the bed again. I can see that she’s about to cry.

 

“Chaewon, don’t you remember me?” I just shook my head. I need to know all the possible information about the owner of this body. I’d pretend to remember nothing even if I don’t have Chaewon’s memories. I hope this will help me and it’s the only way I see to finish this mission.

 

She lifts her hands, enough for me to see, she pointed on her ring finger. I saw a wedding ring.

 

“I am your wife”

 

I can see that she’s trying to stop herself from crying. Everything felt so wrong. All of this sadness and happiness should be conveyed to and felt by Chaewon, not me.

 

The lady starts to tell me everything she knows about Kim Chaewon. She said that Chaewon is a doctor. Her parents are too, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter