Chapter 13: THIRD MISSION (the real one tho hehe!)

TANGENT | A JINJOO AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi! It's a surprise update! I just want to thank all the readers of this AU. I originally planned to just make this as an OS because originally it was an entry for an OS contest. But changes happen so I didn't have the chance to pass it. I just want to say that we only have 2 chapter left. Thank you for being with me in my first story here, on AFF!

 

-Yujin’s POV-

 

 “The night of your accident, you saved someone but unfortunately she’s not well until now. She’s supposed to be hit by a car intentionally but you drive fast enough to hit the car causing it to change the direction. You just hit the passenger seat of that car so the driver didn’t have that much damage and was convicted but you are severely damage too.”

 

I listened intently to Minjoo on our way here. After she said those words I can feel what’s about to happen. I wish my intuitions are wrong but there a higher probability that it’s right. Shivers ran down my spine as we are walking in the entrance of this facility.

 

We’re in the hospital again and nervousness ate me up when Minjoo told me that I need to go here for me to fully understand what she had stated earlier. My mind is crumbling, trying to decipher the thoughts that my mind contains, is Minjoo sick? Or am I sick? I don’t know what to expect when she stop on a hospital room. Phew, that’s a relief. We are not here for a consultation. Maybe Chaewon’s friend is here so we need to pay a visit.

 

“We are here babe. Let’s go inside” My heart starts to pound, am I really hearing this? Tears gushes from my eyes as I walk slowly towards the hospital bed. This is mission number three according to Eunbi, my last mission in this body. To meet the person that was saved by Chaewon.

 

The room has a weak familiar scent, a low volume song that is easily recognized by me is being played. Destiny really likes to play games on people’s life and emotion huh?

 

“She’s Ahn Yujin babe, the one you saved that night” Minjoo whispered to my ears, as we came close to the person lying with many apparatus connected to a different parts of her body.  Suddenly my knees felt weak, I felt dizzy at the same time because I am panicking big time. Minjoo helped me to stand up properly. The commotion grabs the attention of the people present in this room. They immediately helped me to seat down on a sofa near the end of the hospital bed. Nothing changed they are really caring towards any person even if they barely know it.

 

My parents are here. This is the sight that I assumed of back when I woke up, 6 months ago. My parents look really deprived of sleep, they lose a lot of weight compare to the last time I saw them. They’ve been busy taking care of my soulless body while I enjoy continuing my life in someone else’s body. I feel so bad for not thinking about them.

 

 I planned to stay in this body not knowing that there’s also a family that I should get back to, a family that is still waiting for me and will wait for me no matter what happened. I turned down my own whole life for something I just barely even taste. I just had a sip of Chaewon’s life but I easily wash off the life I had built for myself, just like that. Too many realizations came rushing to my mind. Eunbi is right. There could be a situation that can possibly turn everything upside down.

“It’s been 6 months.” My mom said out of nowhere, our attention was diverted to her. I badly want to hug her, there’s a hint of pain in her voice.  She’s starting with loneliness in her eyes at me, rather my body who’s lying in, almost lifeless, in front of us. I can’t even stare at it long enough to examine the changes on it.

 

“You’ve been an angel Chaewon. If you’re not there, maybe Yujin died right away. Maybe she’s not here with us, even she’s beautifully sleeping for a long time.” My mom calls me beautiful every single day. “At least, we still have a chance to bring her back. And I know my Yujin will be back. She’ll come back to us because she knows I’ll be waiting for her.” I badly want to say that I am here that I am by her side. If only I could, I will but I know the consequences if I do that. I’ll be ruining Chaewon’s life and mine. Either way no one will believe me, they might think that I’ve gone crazy after the accident because of the changes that occurred to Chaewon when I inhabit her body.

 

Every word that came out from my Mom’s mouth feels like a dagger travelling its way to my heart. I am deeply tormented for all those words but I know my Mom is much wounded that I am. My mom is so precious to me and how c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter