Chapter 6: UNTOLD

TANGENT | A JINJOO AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi everyone, just want to thank you for reading my au. To those who give comments/feedback, I'm so grateful for that. I encourage you to write down/ leave some comments every chapter after you read it. Your comments motivates me to write more and always try my best. Sorry for the typos and grammatical erros, English is not my first language. BTW, may you like this update!

 

 

 

 

-Minjoo POV-

 

As soon as Eunbi left, I let my head rest on the table. I heaved a deep sigh out of frustration. I shouldn’t be affected at all; I know Chaewon is still with me. I force myself to believe it. Even in fact, I see all the differences towards the Chaewon who’s with me now and the Chaewon back before the accident.

 

Three knocks from the door and I heard that it opened and closed again after a while. Someone placed her hand on my shoulder, maybe letting me know that she’s here. I place my hands on top of hers too. I know its Chaewon or is she?

 

She walks in front of me and partly sat on the table while facing me, I’m still seating on the arm chair. Chaewon is smiling widely at me, but to my dismay I felt uncomfortable so I look somewhere else. Trying to fade away all the thoughts that Eunbi made me think off again.

 

“Is there any problem babe?” Even the way she calls me feels so different. It feels more sincere that Chaewon used to. Isn’t that a good thing? Maybe not for me because I slowly believe with everything that Eunbi say. She don’t need to prove it to me, I can see and feel it by myself but I keep on choosing to ignore it.

 

“Don’t you remember anything about us Chaewon?” It’s her turn to look away. I can feel the tension building up inside her. She walk towards the window and glued her eyes outside.

 

“The weather is fine today; do you want to go somewhere?” I know she’s trying to avoid my question. The more she acts like this, the more I believe that she’s not Chaewon anymore.

 

“I prefer to stay here” I answered and I can see that she just nod as a response. I notice that she’s staring blankly outside maybe she’s shock with the way I treat her today.

 

“Do you remember what we used to do in this room?” She came back to her senses when I asked her again and she slowly shook her head as an answer. Suddenly, I felt bad from pressuring her to remember something but my frustrations is at the top of my emotion now.

 

 

“You really don’t remember any I guess” I whispered but it’s loud enough for her to hear it.

 

“I’m sorry” I didn’t mean to made her upset, but her voice is evident of it. She looked down and I felt bad about making her feel that way. I stood up and walked close to her.

 

“Hey, don’t be upset. I’ll help you remember everything about yourself Chaewon. I’m so sorry for making you feel that way.” I hold both of her hands with mine. She looked up to meet my gaze and in a split second she’s enveloping her arms around me.

 

“I promise to try to remember everything about myself Minjoo. I’ll do it for you.” Every word felt pleasant in my ears and sad at the same time. Why am I feeling this way, isn’t this enough assurance that see is still my Chaewon?

 

-

 

It’s already 12am and Chaewon is sleeping soundly beside me. While many unanswered thoughts in my head keep me awake. I need enough answer for everything that bothers me. I don’t want to make Chaewon feel like that earlier again.

 

I stood up carefully from our bed, I slowly walk towards the door and made sure that I don’t make any noise out of all my actions. To my relief I successfully left our room without waking her up.

 

“I can answer all the questions in your head.” I jump out of fear as soon as I heard someone from my back spoke. But I immediately realized that it’s Eunbi again. What’s with this woman that she prefers to scare me all the time? I know she’s not normal but does she know a fragile person can have a heart attack because of what she’s doing?

 

“What are you doing here again?” I said while whispering I don’t want anyone to hear us so I ask her to follow me.

 

As soon as I st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter