Chapter 5: SECOND MISSION

TANGENT | A JINJOO AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Minjoo and I went to see a doctor, which is actually Chaewon’s dad, just to make things sure that everything is fine regarding her health. There’s nothing that we should worry about according to him. We’re on our way home, I’m seating in the passenger seat while Minjoo is drive. I’m a little embarrassed because she just got well from flu and maybe she’ll force herself too much. She said she’s completely fine now and I couldn’t do anything about it. I don’t know how to drive.

 

It’s already dark outside when we left the hospital. Someday by Iz*One is playing on Minjoo’s car stereo. I’m glad that she loves the group’s discography too. But even if the stereo is in a mid-volume, a sound coming from my stomach was heard inside the car that was followed by Minjoo’s chuckle. I should have eaten more before we leave the house.

 

“Where do you want to eat?” I crave for one thing since yesterday.

 

“Can we just go order from a drive-thru?” I responded that Minjoo agreed to.

 

The cold breeze touches my face, it’s a good thing that there’s a small blanket in the trunk of Minjoo’s car so we can place the food that we ordered while we’re seating in the sand. There’s still bunch of people from a far. But the seashore is peaceful, even the waves makes a pleasant noise.

 

“Ghad, I miss how this tastes like” Minjoo bite a large portion of her 2nd piece of burger. She ordered 3 spicy chicken burger from Mcdonalds. Minjoo mentioned earlier that she can’t remember when was the last time she ate something from Mcdonald’s menu, she and Chaewon decided not to. I don’t know the reason why.

 

While I choose Bulgogi Burger, we also ordered lots of chicken nuggets and soda too. It’s not bad to eat fast food sometimes right? Almost every day I order something from Mcdo, when I’m still in my own body.


“Babe, promise me we’ll order food from McDo again” I just nod. It’s painted in her face that she really missed eating this type of food. Forgive me, Chaewon but she seems so happy because of this.

 

“And I brought this too” Minjoo suddenly place 2 bottles of SoJu in front of me. I was in shock when I saw it, how did she buy this without me noticing. We never drop by a convenient store before coming here.

“It’s in the trunk of my car too for ages, do you think is still safe to drink?” She opened the bottle but before she even took a sip I grabbed it from her hands and took it to my side where she couldn’t take it.

 

“Ah! You shouldn’t drink you’ll drive us home!” I don’t see receive any negative response on her. She just started at me, smile and shook her head off.

 

“I miss these small things that we do; you do know that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter