Chapter 8: SAVED

TANGENT | A JINJOO AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Yujin’s POV-

 

Minjoo’s eyes are a bit puffy. There’s also something in her aura today that worries me. She’s also avoiding me every time our eyes meet. I don’t know what happened last night but I’m sure it’s not good at all. I keep on thinking what have I done for her to avoid me.\.

 

“Minjoo, let’s go on a trip with Ai, Zee and One.” I suggested while she’s busy on trying to plant some new seed that was delivered earlier. She remained silent; I didn’t saw any respond on her gestures too. She’s really ignoring my presence.

 

T-the kiss, is she offended because I kissed her? B-but she kissed back. I’m really frustrated, or is she mad at me because I can’t remember anything which I don’t have control to. I really can’t do anything with Chaewon’s memory.

 

“I’m sorry Minjoo, I won’t do it again.” My voice is quite trembling; I don’t want her to be mad at me. She diverted her attention at me few moments later, she’s staring at me and confusion is all over her face. She didn’t understand what I mean.

 

“The k-kiss”

 

“You’re my wife, there’s nothing wrong with that. Or else you’re not Chaewon?” I heard a bit of sarcasm but at the same time I am so shock with the question she mouthed. My emotions are all mix up. Is it possible that Minjoo knows that I am not her wife?

 

I heard her laugh hysterically; she’s put her hands over her stomach because she’s running out of breath. I let out a small laugh too, she’s just joking around. What a relief.

 

“If you just see your expression! You look constipated” She wiped off the tear that came out from her eyes because of laughing. I remained silent for a while; I really feel something is wrong. I think I should talk to Eunbi about this. She’s missing in action for a week now.

 

“Where do you want to go?” I heard her say that as she continued on planting. I smiled as she mouthed that, maybe it’s a great way to take her away from anything that bothers her.

 

I’m in my room now packing stuffs in our bag. We decided to go somewhere peaceful. Minjoo is on her way home, she grabbed some food that we needed in our trip. She also visit Chaewon’s parents in the hospital to ask for permission and if it’s okay that I’ll go on a trip already.

 

The door opened and I saw Minjoo entering the room, I smiled at her. She smiled back weakly and entered the bathroom. What happened again? I can see her eyes giving pity glares at me. She’s been acting weird lately.

 

“You love her, do you?” Eunbi didn’t scare the hell out of me this time I already felt her presence before Minjoo entered the bathroom. I diverted my attention to her; she sat on the armchair near our bed.

“Should I still answer that even if we both know you already know the answer?” Eunbi lifted both of her hands. I sounded so annoyed that’s why she did that.

 

“I am here to remind you Yujin, you’re starting to forget what your purpose here” Those words take me back to the reality, Eunbi is right. I’m starting to get in touch to this world that isn’t mine. A world that was lend to me for a reason, to fulfill someone’s wish, not to live the life Chaewon used to live.

 

I remained silent and Eunbi is just staring at me. I heaved a deep sigh as I surrender. “You’re right, I’m sorry” These past few weeks all I do is to follow every step Minjoo takes. My full focus is on her.

 

“You want to stay?” Eunbi responded, those words made my mind blank. Do I want to stay with Minjoo? Or I want to go back to my own life?

 

“I-I don’t know Eunbi” Now I’m so confused. I don’t want to leave Minjoo and I don’t want to give up my own life. I don’t know what to do anymore. All I know is I don’t want Minjoo to be alone; I want her to feel lonely again.

 

“Think, Yujin” Eunbi disappeared in front of me and I heard the bathroom door opened. I also hear the small steps that Minjoo’s slippers are creating. I stood up and head towards the balcony; I need to breathe fresh air. Maybe it will help me to think straight and decide of things that is still bothering me.

 

“Are you okay?” I see Minjoo stood beside me and handed me an orange juice. I drank half of it; it helps me to ease up. The stars are also shy tonight they are hiding behind the clouds. The atmosphere is heavy, I don’t know why.

 

I faced Minjoo, she’s just staring blankly in the thin air. It’s like there’s something bothering her too. I wonder what that is, it’s been affecting her mood these past few days.

 

“You are you okay?” I asked her back, she diverted her attention to me. She’s examining every part of my face, like finding any mistake or changes on it. It made me a little uncomfortable but her eyes hypnotized me, I can’t take off my eyes on it too. She’s extra beautiful in this close view.

 

“I love you” She mouthed almost like a whisper. I was stunned but I smiled unconsciously. I felt my cheeks burning too but at that moment I knew I need to hug her. To make her feel safe, to give her hope that everything will be okay and I’m just here to listen to all the things that worries here.

 

“I love you too.” I said genuinely. I mean every letter and syllables of those three words. I love her, I love Minjoo.

I hear little sobs and it’s her. She tightened her hug to me. Everything starts to be clear to me. I want to be with this girl even if I’m not the one who she really loves. I’ll take the risk of being with her, pretending someone I am not. Just to be with her because I love Minjoo and I hate seeing her like this.

 

-Minjoo’s POV –

 

Earlier today…

 

I knock three times before I entered the room. The familiar beeping of the machine that has been so common to my ear welcomed me as I step inside. I slowly walk and an old lady guided me to seat down on the couch at the end of the hospital bed.

 

There I saw her lying on the bed, the person who Chaewon saved that night. I don’t have any hate on her. Maybe she has a better future ahead of her so destiny wrote her story this way. I can still see scars on her face.

 

“You’re so lucky that your wife woke up from comatose already while my poor daughter is still in deep sleep.” She smiled but I can her loneliness in her voice. It’s really hard to see someone in this state. There’s always a t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter