CHAPTER 10: SECOND MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

TANGENT | A JINJOO AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-Yujin’s POV-

 

I can’t deny it to myself anymore. I’m into Minjoo in that span of time, I know it’s wrong but she’s worth it. Another mission was set today; Chaewon’s Mom and Dad will visit us later for dinner. Eunbi said it will be the right time to tell them about what really makes Chaewon happy.

 

After a week of tiring day and nights of practicing and trying to find the right words and melody to this song that Chaewon started, we finally come to last stanzas. It’s really hard to end something that’s been so good in the process. This song from Chaewon made Minjoo and I, spend more time with each other and I saw her love for music too. It connects us. Not just Minjoo and I but also Chaewon, I can feel her presence because of this. If she’d just given enough time to pursue her passion, she’ll be one of the best.

 

“Maybe in another life

Our walkways will cross”

 

I’ve been trying to have the correct ending for Chaewon’s song but I really can’t find the right words to end this beautiful song. Minjoo read those two stanzas too and words came out on .

.

“And there I’ll see you

In a different way”

 

Minjoo speak out of nowhere but I take it down.  I can feel that she’s staring intently to me but I’m not brave enough to look at her.

 

“But loving you will always be the same”

 

I ended what she said. I feel that those words are right for the song. It’s done! Now it’s done, I was immediately felt joy! I embraced Minjoo because of the enthusiasm I felt. Minjoo embraced me back and were like fools there enjoying each other comfort. Thank you for this opportunity Chaewon, because of you, I met Minjoo and she completes me. I promise you, I’ll take good care of her.

 

-

 

The day went so fast. We’re already finished eating dinner with Chaewon’s Mom and Dad. I enjoyed chatting with them. I can say that they are a great parent to Chaewon. Mr and Mrs. Kim are in the living room while I and Minjoo are almost done preparing all the things that we need in the music room. I ordered one of our maidservants to call them from us and I got nervous when I saw that Mr. Kim’s seems upset while walking to the music room. Will I fail this mission?

 

I can see that he’s really not happy. But he still sat on the chairs that we prepared for them, I saw that Mrs. Kim held his hands and smiled at her. Maybe she’s asking to give us a chance and listen to whatever we’ll say. I saw that he nod as response that showed me a little hope. It’s now or never Yujin.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Kim, Chaewon and I have something we want you to hear” Minjoo’s voice is trembling, looks like she’s more nervous than I am. I can feel the pressure building up inside her but I held her hands to assure her that I am just here with her. We’re in this together. We both work hard for this, may luck be with us tonight.

 

Minjoo starts running her finger beautifully on the piano keys. She gave me a glance before closing her eyes. She’s so engulf to the music again and the melodies of the song start to reign inside of me too. I start strumming the guitar that added colors to the song. My voice and Minjoo’s sounds so pleasing in unison for me. All I can see is her and I felt the song expresses every flavor it has, taking us to the world called just for us.

 

“But loving you will always be the same” Minjoo and I hit the last note and it felt so great. I heard many people applauding. I didn’t notice that the house servants are there and they’ve watch us. Ai, Zee and One ran to us and I can’t contain my happiness when I saw Mrs. Kim standing while clapping her hands. On the other hand, Mr. Kim smiles at me too and nod. Chaewon we did it.

 

“That’s so beautiful!” Mrs. Kim told us as she walk towards me and Minjoo. She embrace and congratulated us for a good well done but I saw that Mr. Kim walked outside the room so I excused myself from Mrs. Kim and Minjoo. I search for him everywhere. Finally I saw him outside our house standing near his car.

 

“Daddy” Minjoo told me that Chaewon used to call Mr. Kim, Daddy. He diverted his attention to me, he seems preoccupied. I’m a little nervous and I don’t know what to say.

 

“So I won’t be seeing you in the hospital from now on?” Does that mean? “You did well back there; I can see that you’re happy while singing. Your eyes are shining my dear.” I always cry in front of him because of that, I hope you’re hearing this Chaewon. He’s so proud of you. We really made it. “I’ll wait for your resignation letter” She tap my head and smiled at me but I embrace him. Hoping he’ll feel the presence of he’s daughter in this hug. I’m sure that Chaewon is so happy because of this. One of her wishes came true again.

 

We bid goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Kim, everything is turning out well. Minjoo and I walked upstairs together as I tell her happened earlier with Chaewon’s Dad. I hope I made you happy too, Chaewon. As soon as we enter the room, Minjoo and I jumped in the bed and laid our tired but happy body on the comfort and softness of this bed.

 

“How could you to that?” Minjoo’s rested her head on my arm. We’re both reminiscing what just happen earlier. But of all of the sudden, I felt a little guilt because Chaewon won’t be able to do her true passion. If she can only come back to her own body but Eunbi told me, it’s impossible. Minjoo is the only witness for all the little wishes and dreams that Chaewon had for herself. I know she’s also happy that step by step, she can see me doing it, for Chaewon.

 

What ifs run tho my mind again and my biggest what if is; What if I just stay and live in this body? I can still pursue what I want; Chaewon can do whatever she wants now. One of that is to pursue music, which is my passion too. Most especially, Minjoo won’t be alone anymore. I will take care of her.  I want to stay because I want to be with Minjoo. Day by day, I’m falling for her. And I can’t stop myself on loving someone who I felt that can love me too.

 

“Maybe that accident let me to be reborn again. From a baby who doesn’t know anything but to cry, in to a child who’s learning and starting to realize his wants and dreams and to an adult accomplishing it.” And maybe this is the connection between Chaewon and I that Eunbi told me back then. It’s our love for music that binds us. Minjoo suddenly stood up in the be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter