Chapter 11: Consequences

TANGENT | A JINJOO AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
-Minjoo’s POV –

I’ve tried calling Eunbi through the phone number I got when we met her on the camping site but it’s not even ringing. Maybe she gave me a fake one. I really need to talk to her and discuss some things.

 

We’re having our lunch here with our servants in the garden. It’s actually Yujin’s idea, she said because it’s a good day for barbeque. The weather is nice too, this day will be perfect. The table that we set-up is nice and almost all the food are ready. The sun is up but the ocean of clouds give us enough shade to keep us warm but it doesn’t prevent us to see the beautiful blue sky. It’s a perfect day for everyone indeed.

 

The lunch went well and I ordered the servants to rest first before going back to their jobs. While me and Yujin lied down in the big hammock near the fish pond. It’s surprising that we fit perfectly here. The warm breeze of air made me sleepy and besides we just finished eating so it’s really time for siesta. I saw yawned that made Minjoo yawn too. She faced me that made her possible to hug me. I rested my head on her arms like we always do. I tilted my head to Yujin’s direction; she gave me a peck on my lips and smiled playfully. 

 

“I love you, Minjoo” I do love her too but I don’t want to complicate things before I got a chance to have a word with Eunbi. I don’t know what will happen if I do things without seeing the consequence.

 

“I love you too, Chaewon” I saw in her eyes how hurt she is when she didn’t hear her name. I felt so guilty but I fear that she’ll eventually realize that I know everything about her. Let it be for now, that Ahn Yujin should live with the fact that Kim Minjoo will always devote her love to Kim Chaewon. I don’t want to hurt her but I know I’ll hurt her more if things get complicated if I meddle with it.

 

I felt her lips on my forehead. I hugged her tightly to somehow make her feel better. I’m so sorry Yujin.

 

I woke up from a nap, I and Yujin are still in the big hammock but she’s still asleep. I lifted my head and unconsciously check my surrounding. There I see Eunbi standing inside my greenhouse, she’s staring at me.

 

“You want to make things clear right?” I heard her voice inside my mind again; I responded a nod and slowly remove Yujin’s hand that was wrapped around me. I carefully sat down, tried to reach the ground with both of my small feet. I successfully went off the hammock.

 

“Minjoo, where are you going?” That’s Yujin, I glance at the greenhouse but Eunbi is not the place where I see her. She probably hid when she heard Yujin. I’m wrong for thinking that I didn’t wake up her. I turn my back to face her and smiled at her. Brushed her hair with my hand and kissed her forehead, she’s still sleepy.

 

“I need to use the bathroom for a couple of minutes. You should go back to sleep.” Yujin nodded as a response and closed her eyes again. Phew, that was close. I made use that Yujin is asleep before I enter the greenhouse. Eunbi is sitting on the bench near the fountain. She took a glance at me and smiled as if she knows what’s going to happen next.

 

“I want to tell Yujin, that I know she’s in my late wife’s body.” I don’t see any hint of shock in her expression, but her face is painted with “I know this will happen” look. I heaved a sigh and sat beside her. She tapped my back for a couple of minutes.

 

“That’s not possible right?” I mouthed without looking at her. I saw on my peripheral vision that she nod slowly. I heaved a deep sigh again. What are the consequenc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter