Chapter 12: Good bye

TANGENT | A JINJOO AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Hi readers, as promised two chapters today. Enjoy reading. Sorry if there's too many typo or grammatical errors. I'm really sick since yesterday but I'll be fine soon!


-Minjoo’s POV –

 

I’m in the library for an hour now, I don’t know why either but I can’t fall asleep. My feet brought me here and in front of me are photo albums that hold the most memorable moments of Chaewon and me. From the day that we meet to the last picture we have together. I miss her but I never last a day without thinking of her, and how things like if her life didn’t end that night. Am I not be dwelling on matters that can make me happy but can ruin someone else life? 

 

Maybe things are flowing smoothly if she still on my side. Maybe I won’t wish that someone will give up her own life just to be with me. Maybe this reality I am in is less of a burden to me. 

 

Destiny gave me someone who I saw spending my entire life with, but has been taken to serve her so-called purpose. Then, they gave me another one to cope up with it. I’m a fool to expect that she’ll stay if I could give so much love to her but things are so unfavorable to me. 


I can feel that tears starts running from my eyes. Our favorite song in this kind of night played Leaves by Ben & Ben. I thought of how many nights I wish for to dance with Chaewon again, how many nights I spend waiting for her to open her eyes and how many wishes that was put into waste because she is now gone. I never get to say good bye to her.

 

“Why are you still up? Are you okay babe?” I immediately wiped away my tears. I can’t let Yujin, see that I am greatly tormented. I don’t want her to suffer from the thought that I still can’t get over Chaewon, even if she’s trying her best to be her.  

 

“Yes I am okay, go back to our room. I’ll follow after a few” She remained silent. I looked around and found her seating on the arm chair. She smiled at me. I felt that I’m longing for it.  I watched her as she stood up and replayed the song. She offered her hands and I gladly accepted it. I hugged her because something told me too, my tears started to burst out and I feel that I miss her so much.

 

“I wish better days will come to you, my Minjoo” Then, I realized that I didn’t hear that the door opened and closed. Am I dancing with Chaewon that this moment? Neither fear nor I am afraid. She’s really here, I can feel her.

 

“Chae-won” I mouthed with a trembling voice. She nod, I can see the sadness in her eyes. Chaewon is right in front of me. The real Chaewon is holding my hand and dancing with me in our favorite music.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter