Chapter 3

A New Beginning

Cassie/Jessica's POV

    I went home crying. I couldn't stop crying now that I know that Shin Jung actually cared about me. It was so confusing. I could not tell him what I've been dying to tell him. Just then, my phone vibrated. I received a text from SMtown. It said, "Congratulations! You passed the selections. Please report tomorrow for training. Please do bring all your personal belongings and you would not be coming back home. Please be mentally prepared as well. Thank You!" "I got in? I got in?! OMG I GOT IN!!!" I yelled in joy as I started running up and down the house. Then, my step-father walked towards me and said, " What made you so happy Jessica?" "It's so easy for you to call me that eh? I tell you. This is for mom. If it wasn't for mom, I would have tried to kill you with my own bare hands," I warned him as I give him the bloodshot glare he deserved. "Look, Jessica. It helps you in future. We never knew you could dance! And now that we know, don't you want to show the talent you have been hiding for years?" He asked like he knew everything about me but in actual fact, he knew nothing.

    Ignoring him, I ran up to my room. I tried to make myself happy again by thinking of the fact that I got in and Shin Jung actually cared about me but that made it worse. I thought: " If I get in, I'll see Shin Jung more often and since Shin Jung cares about me... The fact that I lied to him. It made my heart hurt so much that the pain was excruciating. 

Shin Jung's POV

   Thoughts filled my mind as I sat on the bed thinking of Jessica, "It was her alright. I know that. Why is it that she said she was Jessica? I don't get it..." Hyung hit me on the shoulder to cut off my thoughts and said," Today during the selections... You didn't seem to be acting normal." "Eh? I'm perfectly normal! Nothing wrong!!" I stuttered as Hyung questioned me again, " Is she the girl you mentioned? The Cassie?" "YOU ACTUALLY REMEMBERED?? Erm I mean how could she be the one when her name is Jessica?" I replied frantically. "Kang Shin Jung. Don't think of lying to me. I know you well enought. Tell me. What happened?" Hyung asked again. I explained everything in detail as Hyung listened closely.

    "Ever thought she may be lying to you?" Hyung asked. "But it's seriously not like her to lie," I replied. "How would you know when you only met her for that very day?" He questioned back. "Erm Hyung... Erm... Actually I met up with her like for a month when we were not popular and that very last day I confessed to her, she disappeared, " I said as my face flustered. " YAH! HOW COULD YOU... YOU DO THAT!!! IT WAS AGAINST THE RULES TO CONFESS TO SOMEONE YOU IDIOT! KANG SHIN JUNG ARE YOU INSANE? ... " Hyung went on and on till he calmed down and continued, " I gladly confirmed that Jessica is Cassie and she is totally freaked out of such irresponsible guy that's why she lied to you." Hyung went out of the room as I lied on the bed and stared a the plain white ceiling. I smiled. "Maybe just maybe Hyung was right. She was lying. I should play along? Nah. I really miss her. That's it. I know!" I thought.