Tell me

You're living, but are you Alive?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey hey, it's me, what's good in the neighbourhood?? Are you guys okay, I hope you are doing well.

I'M SORRY, this chapter is hella long because I got too into it but I hope it paid off.

Enjoy :))

------------------------

Jihyo checks the time as she eats her cereal - its 7:25am and school starts at 8, it wasn’t a far walk, around 15 minutes away but Jihyo liked getting in a little early, appreciating school is one thing her mother always talked about.

‘Being a leader is important, it’s who God called you to be, so be one that he would be proud of’

Her mother was very adamant on telling the Park girls what their calling from God was, and for Jihyo it was to lead, to start things and be different.

But at this moment the only thing Jihyo wanted to start was to start screaming. It was too early to a certain someone to be messing with her. She puts her bowl into the dishwasher as she reads the message on her phone

[Minatozaki Sana]: Good Morning Jihyo! :)

[Minatozaki Sana]: I’m outside

Jihyo stares, Sana was not outside, she knows she’s not outside because Jihyo’s about to leave for school. She is unable to supervise Sana at this time.

Her father wouldn’t do this to her without her knowing, would he?

[Minatozaki Sana]: Can you open the door

[Minatozaki Sana]: I’m gonna knock

Apparently he would, because there’s three knocks on the door

‘No, it’s probably a delivery at a conveniently placed time’

Jihyo takes a deep breath before she swings the door open, and of course Sana is there.

“Why hello there! Good mo--”

Jihyo closes the door.

She turns back and covers it like Sana would burst through.

“That’s mean Jihyo” Sana says from outside “We’re all early and everything, we’re ready to go”

‘Go? Go where? The only place I’m going is scho…Oh my…Oh no’

The door swings back open and Jihyo takes a good look at Sana. She’s wearing a school uniform, not just any school uniform though, her school uniform, the shoes and the socks and the skirt and the shirt and the tie, the only thing that was different was the fact that she had on a leather jacket instead of a blazer.

She clutches the straps of her backpack and smiles in greeting, of course a cherry lollipop completing the look

“And just where, do you think you’re going with me?”

Sana takes her lollipop out and raises a brow, clearly perplexed.

“Um, to school, Pastor Park said it would be good for us to be around other ‘good teens’ so the high school let us come here for the remainder of our service time, I told you I’d be seeing you tomorrow”

Sana reads the expression on Jihyo’s face and that signature smirk is back, it reminds Jihyo just why she didn’t want this so early in the morning.

“Are you telling me daddy didn’t tell his right hand woman the plan? And you’re telling me you don’t just follow his orders--”

“I knew you be coming” A blatant lie “I just didn’t know you actually went to school”

Sana gasps, pretending to be offended.

“Ouch Ji-Ji, we might be dumb but we’re not stupid”

Jihyo raises a brow “We?”

She looks behind Sana, and there was Chaeyoung also dressed in a school uniform, her top two buttons were undone, revealing a black t shirt underneath and her tie was lazily slung on – she had a hoodie on instead of a blazer. She looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here as she angrily chewed on gum.

“Good morning Son”

“Sup little Park”

Jihyo feels her eyebrow twitch at the nickname, it seemed like it was going to stick for as long as this lasted.

Sana pouts a bit “Why don’t I get a good morning”

“You annoy me, you and your weird ways” Jihyo starts walking down the path of her driveway and onto the sidewalk, she gives an expectant look to the other two.

The lollipop is back in Sana’s mouth as she shrugs and follows along with a grumbling Chaeyoung. The had walked quite a way in silence before Chaeyoung speaks again

“Hey little Park, you guys don’t sing or anything do you?” she says from behind

“Erm, not really, we usually have a short morning service before our first class though” They turn a corner and Jihyo can sense the annoyance flowing from the girl

“How interesting, I wonder what they tell you” Sana’s tone is absent, like she was thinking out loud

“It’s not interesting” Chaeyoung folds her arms “I’m not going”

“You kind of have to” Jihyo tone is flat “It’s what we do here, the teachers will tell you where to go”

“They’re not the boss of me, they can’t tell me where to go – it’s a free country”

“It’s the rules Son, we have to go”

“Okay… I’m still not going”

Sana intervenes as she puts a hand on Chaeyoung’s shoulder

“Come now Chaengie it’s just one service, we owe them at least one act of obedience”

 “I don’t owe anyone , the nuns probably tell us to take a hike anyway”

“You think there’s nuns?”

“Bro it’s a christian school, of course there are”

“But if there’s nuns what do they teach?” Sana inspects her lollipop “Don’t they just train to be nuns?”

“That’s the christan school conspiracy I was telling you guys about – it’s secretly a government led nunnery that brainwashes people into becoming nuns so they stay secluded and never find out the government’s secrets”

Jihyo can only listen in awe, she really needs to talk to her dad about getting paid for this. She ignores the chatter and leads the two to the gates of her school, she would have hoped they’d be done by then but of course they’re not.

“I’m telling you everyone’s gonna be a nun” Chaeyoung points at Sana “Even you”

“Me? Impossible”

“Possible. The only way we can be safe is by not going to the service, they’ll corrupt us”

Having had enough, Jihyo turns around to face the two, her ears were steaming

“Be quiet’ she hisses out “both of you just be silent, sshh, zip it, do not speak, not a word nor sound, not one – we’re going to the service and that’s final”

The two delinquents freeze, they share a look a nod and a handshake before following Jihyo in silence

‘I’m sure Nayeon is having a much easier time than me’

“Hi Jihyo”

She jumps “Mina! What did I say about sneaking up on me?”

--------------------------

The life of a college student was quite stressful if Nayeon was honest, the lectures were okay, but the amount of studying and essays definitely made it harder. She didn’t have class for a good while but she wanted to go to the library and study.

But first breakfast and TV, she flops onto her sofa with a bowl of cereal watching whatever crappy morning talk show was on, talking about nothing interesting, new trends and fashion and news, boring things.

In the midst of her TV zone out there were a couple of knocks on the door, and considering the fact that her dad had already gone to the church, her mom was still asleep and Jihyo was already at school she was the only one left to open the door.

She thought it was a delivery, her dad gets a lot of those so she absently flings the door open and holds out her hand

“I won’t lie I don’t know where or what to sign you’re going to need to give me a hand here”

“Okay Miss”

She grabs whatever thing the delivery person is giving to her, which…which feels like a hand. She looks up and Yoo Jeongyeon is stretching out her arm, she’s about 3 seconds away from collapsing in laughter.

“What is wrong with you?”

“You told me to give you a hand…”

Nayeon looks down and her hand is still clutching on to Jeongyeon’s, she quickly rips it away and scoffs as the other girl is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter