Kindess is a Weakness

You're living, but are you Alive?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yo, it's me - are you guys okay? Drinking water and staying healthy, I hope so.

Here's another one, I hope you like it it's kinda MiChaeng centric this time around

Until next time stay safe :)

 

-------------------

 

Chaeyoung was was starting to get restless, the amount of things she’s doing to not go to jail this week alone is getting ridiculous.

“No, I’m not going and you can’t make me” Chaeyoung makes her stand in the pastor’s office, crossing her arms and furrowing her brows.

She was already being made to go to that hell hole of a school, and now this? This was asinine.

Pastor Park is smiling and she’s starting to hate it – it’s sweet, too sweet. Chaeyoung’s trusted a sweet smile once, and she doesn’t make the same mistake twice. She would love nothing more than to smack that stupid grin off his face.

“It’s just one youth service Chaeng…” Jeongyeon tries to negotiate, but there’s also annoyance in her eyes “It is only one service, right pastor?”

“Well, it’s funny you should say that”

Something tells Chaeyoung that it’s not funny at all.

“But I expect all three of you to make an appearance to every service from now on, including Sundays”

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, she turns to Sana who looks completely unbothered, she’s probably not even listening to Pastor Park and Jeongyeon will have to explain the whole thing to her later.

“And if we don’t” Chaeyoung says angrily

“Then you’ve breached the agreement of your sentence”

Before Chaeyoung can respond with a snarky comment Jeongyeon cuts in

“Pastor, with all due respect, I have a sister to take care of I can’t leave her alone all the time, she--”

“Bring her too” he smiles again “She’s 16 is she not?”

Chaeyoung scowls at his dismissal of the subject.

‘It’s not that simple’

Jeongyeon adjusts her glasses then folds her arms “It’s not that simple Pastor, you see Tzu--”

“Nonsense, you can’t worm your way out of this one Jeongyeon” he chuckles

“No I’m being serious she--”

“All three of you are coming tomorrow to help us set up, okay”

It’s a losing battle, they agreed, well Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung did, Sana was still on her lollipop.

“Sana? Are we clear?”

Sana looks up, clearly confused

“What?”

Friday evening:

When Chaeyoung knocks on Jeongyeon’s door it was around 5:55. They were supposed to get there early to help set up, the actual service didn’t start until 7.

“Hey Chaeng, you’re just in time, maybe you can help me out here” Jeongyeon sighs and lets her friend into her house.

On the living room floor was an empty cushion and a half eaten bread roll, no sign of Tzuyu.

“She’s not going is she?”

“Nope, I told her yesterday as soon as I got back – it was… a challenge, she had a complete meltdown and now she’s still really upset that we can’t spend today together, I feel awful but I can’t leave her here” she runs a hand through her hair

Chaeyoung looks around and points upstairs, Jeongyeon shakes her head, she points to a big cabinet and Jeongyeon nods. She walks up and crouches, knocking gently on it a couple of times.

“Tzu, you there?”

“Chaengie – tell Jeongyeon unnie not to go, Friday at 7:00 is our time together. I tell Jeongyeon unnie about Friday and rate the school week on a whole and then I write it down on the fridge, and then we talk about what we’re going to do together on Saturday, Friday at 7:00 is not the time to be going to the God building with Park”

Chaeyoung sighs as she tries to think of a good response “Don’t you want to go with her? You can still spend time together at the church”

“No. we can spend time together here. I don’t want to sit with those strangers, I don’t want to sit next to those strangers because they scare me”

“You won’t be sitting next to them Tzu, you’ll sit next to Jeongyeon and me and Sana okay”

“…Sana’s coming too?”

“Mhmm, she’ll never let anything bad happen, you know that”

There’s no response for a while

“Can I wear my dog hoodie?”

Jeongyeon smiles at the revelation

“Yes Tzu, you can. Do you wanna bring Gucci and your cube too?”

“…Yes…”

A few seconds later Tzuyu emerges from the cabinet and rushes upstairs to get ready, Jeongyeon watches in glee.

“And don’t forget your phone!” she shouts from the stairs, Jeongyeon pats Chaeyoung on her shoulder “I don’t know how you do it Chae, she must like you more than me”

Chaeyoung shrugs with a chuckle “No way man, we just need to make her feel comfortable that’s all”

Jeongyeon hums in response. Chaeyoung doesn’t like it very much, it means Jeongyeon is thinking too much about things she shouldn’t think about. But Chaeyoung guesses that’s why the trio’s friendship works so well - Jeongyeon thinks too much on the negative, Sana always contorts negative thoughts into positive ones, and Chaeyoung…Sometimes she believes she doesn’t think at all.

Tzuyu’s rapid footsteps bring Chaeyoung back to reality, she comes down in a grey hoodie and black jeans, the hoodie had paw prints on it, the hood was up and had ears to match, it was a little big for Tzuyu so the hood covered her eyes a bit. She also had a backpack that looked like a slice of bread and in her hand was a small dog plush.

Jeongyeon gives her a once over “Phone?”

Tzuyu reaches into her jean pocket and takes it out with a grin before putting it back into her pocket.

Jeongyeon gives her a soft smile and a thumbs up before the door gets knocked again, three knocks, a pause, and then a flurry of knocking that only one person would ever dare to try.

“Jesus Sana! The door’s unlocked!” Jeongyeon scolds as she swings the door open. Sana almost trips as she put her whole body against the wood.

“Jeong, warn me next time” she smiles goofily, another lollipop planted in . Her smile soon turns into a laugh, she stands straighter and adjusts her leather jacket “Look at Tzuyu! All ready to go, you excited?”

Tzuyu doesn’t answer, she just laughs, the same way Sana was moments ago.

“Tzuyu-ah, mean”

Tzuyu smirks “I know”

“Okay okay guys break it up, we gotta speed walk – we’ll be in trouble if we’re late” Jeongyeon says as she walks out and locks her door. She checks the time with her phone in one hand and holds Tzuyu’s with another.

Sana and Chaeyoung follow after, Jeongyeon listening to Tzuyu’s weekly report on school, Sana was humming to herself and Chaeyoung was inside her own head. She only looks up when Sana shoves a lollipop in her face.

“You look stressed Chaeng – here, strawberry” Sana waves it a little but Chaeyoung puts her hand down

“I’m okay Sana, you don’t need to worry about me”

“Are you sure?”

Her face shows she isn’t convinced, she knows it makes Sana feel better when she takes what’s being offered, so she accepts the lollipop and puts it in her pocket.

“I’m just worried for her” she motions towards Tzuyu and Jeongyeon “Don’t want her to get overwhelmed, it took a lot of convincing for her to come”

Sana hums, it’s different than Jeongyeon’s hum, when Jeongyeon hums she acknowledges the situation in front of her and accepts it for what it is, questioning if there’s a solution, when Sana hums she’s thinking of the solution even if there isn’t one, a true optimist.

“You worry too much Chaeng, we’ll be there, and if something does happen well, we know Jeong can take care of it – it will be a bad day for Pastor Park that’s for sure” she giggles.

Classic Sana, always finding light in a dark place. She was probably right, somehow she always is.

This was going to be fine.

----------------

This was not going to be fine.

Mina knows it – her dad always spoke at the youth services, which means she was always there early, and she also knows that Chaeyoung Sana and Jeongyeon were going to be there early too. That was not going to go well.

She had asked her father if he thought the service was going to go smoothly, and he just told her to pray about it – give all her worries to God, she questions why she bothered asking him, and smiles as he ruffled her hair a little before heading into the pastors office.

‘Gee dad thanks for listening’ she thought as she played Mario Kart, sitting in the furthest corner of the room.

Sometimes Mina believes she thinks too much on things like this, her dad was just trying his best to make Mina feel better and she wasn't appreciating his efforts enough, but it did just look like he had dismissed her again in favour of doing something he saw as more important. More important that his daughter, but.

“Minari, are you okay, you look a little stressed” Jihyo asks as she sits down, tearing through Mina's thoughts

She continues playing as she speaks “Yeah I’m fine, just thinking…” there’s a hard turn she has to get just right “About how well this is going to go, this is a lot to ask of them”

Jihyo sighs “I guess so, but t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter