It's Odd

You're living, but are you Alive?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi guys, how are you, staying healthy and safe? I hope so, here's another one and I hope you enjoy it :) I'm trying a bi-weekly thing here because school is taking me ouuuttt lol but i digress enjoy it and have a good day/night <3

---------------

 

Jihyo shifts slightly in her seat as the service began, her father welcoming everyone to the congregation. She’s close enough to the front to be engaged but not too far forward to the actual front, which was always reserved for the elders and of course the Pastors.

She moves again, Jihyo was uncomfortable for a total of three key reasons. The first being the fact that she had never found the church chairs particularly comfortable in the first place, they gave her a place to sit, but a comfortable place? Debatable. The second reason she was uncomfortable was the dress her mother had decided to give to her; Jihyo wore dresses, Jihyo loved dresses, but this dress was more of a torture chamber than a garment of clothing – tight and unbearable – unbearable like her third and final problem.

“Say Ji-Ji, you like these chairs? They’re pretty low quality if you ask me” Sana whispers into Jihyo’s ear for the nth time.

Jihyo was not asking Sana about the chairs, or anything at all. When Dahyun had brought her over to sit with them Jihyo was not pleased, she wanted to flat out say no and tell her to sit somewhere else, but Sana had already charmed Dahyun into thinking that she was a perfectly good person that you would want to sit next to in a church service.

“Stop talking to me”

“Why?”

“Because you’re irritating me”

“It’s funny”

“It’s not”

“Maybe because you’re the subject of the joke, if it was someone else you’d find it a little funny”

“Oh my…” Jihyo pinches the bridge of her nose “Just stop talking. For at least twenty minutes, they tell the teenagers to go into a room for a bible study then”

Sana takes her lollipop out of as she deliberates. She gives Jihyo a snide grin

“You have yourself a deal”

Sana then folds her arms and watches the service intensely and if she’s not she’s a really good actress, either way Jihyo was thankful for the small break.

It was odd how quick twenty minutes went by, Jihyo wanted it to last forever, she wanted to stay and listen to the story of some elder and how they had survived things that should not be possible to survive, but when her father speaks and looks at her she knows she must be the one to go first, to stand up and set the example.

“I see what it is” Sana says as she follows the rest of the pack to a common room, shoving her hands into her pockets “Mini church for the small minded teens, how exciting”

Dahyun laughs a little, she thinks Sana is joking. That was also odd, Jihyo knew Sana was being 100% serious but no one else around her seemed to grasp the fact that everything that came out of this girls’ mouth was patronising in every way it could be.

“I wouldn’t say small minded, there’s just things the adults talk about that we don’t understand yet, it’s a progression” Dahyun says to Sana who looks to be nodding in understanding

And Dahyun, sweet Kim Dahyun, was all too nice to pick up on the fact that this intruder was mocking everything they ever stood for. Jihyo and Dahyun had met in Sunday school, grew up in Sunday school, went to church summer camp year after year together, this was everything they’ve ever known and she was just letting Sana walk all over it, dismissing it, belittling it.

‘If you study the only thing you’ve ever known do you really know anything’

Jihyo shakes her head, it was always at these moments when Sana’s lacklustre philosophy would enter her head. It bugged Jihyo to no end, but she holds herself back for the sake of giving Dahyun an uneventful Sunday.

When Jihyo gets to the door of the common room Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung are waiting there for Sana

“Sup little Park” they both say simultaneously

“Good morning” She says, not really knowing what to say after but Jeongyeon fills the gap

“I’m not going to lie to you” She says as she’s leaning against the wall “We probably won’t agree with anything being said in this room, but we’re going to try, try being the keyword, to stay quiet about it”

“We are?” Chaeyoung looks up at Jeongyeon with a raises brow and is met with a deathly stare

“Yes. We are.” She turns back to Jihyo “With Sana however I’m afraid we can’t promise anything”

Jihyo sighs “I guess it’s better than nothing”

“Oh! These are your friends? Good morning, I’m Dahyun how do you do?” Dahyun already has a hand out to for Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon to shake

Sana comes up next to Jihyo and flashes her a grin but of course Jihyo isn’t having any of it

“Stop smiling at me like that”

It just makes Sana’s smirk widen “I’m sorry, I can’t help it”

“You know what, just…” Jihyo takes a breath “Be quiet, if something bothers you or doesn’t sound right or you feel the need to debate it, don’t. Can you keep your mouth shut?”

Sana hums as she puts her lollipop stick in a small bin outside the room

“I can’t say I can Jihyo, I can’t say I can”

------------------

Mina was never really one for debates, or discussions, but being a teenager in church meant she was subjected to a lot of them, discussions she means, not debates. What is there to debate when everyone was thinking the same way? It was an oddly placed comfort to think that there was this group of people she belonged too, all here because of a collective conscience. It was nice.

Nayeon sits with Momo and herself on a rounded table, the two engaged in conversation, Dahyun comes in next and sits next to Nayeon after a hug of greeting, Jihyo sits next to Dahyun with a less than impressed face and for arguments sake Jeongyeon is t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter