I see it like this

You're living, but are you Alive?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of course this was all Sana’s idea from the start. The three were hanging at a park on Friday when the girl had brought up the idea

“You want to spray paint a church? You mean the big one?” Jeongyeon raises a brow at her best friend as she takes a sip of her soft drink

“That church will burn us at the stake, you’re crazy Sana” Chaeyoung looks up from her drawing to question Sana’s sanity. Usually she would jump at the chance to deface a wall, but something about that church bothered her.

Sana puts a finger to Chaeyoung’s lips “Shh, you worry too much, and no, not the big one. A smaller one further away, look it’s almost 1am and we’ve done much worse before, who’s going to catch us now”

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes “The police maybe?”

Sana giggles as she smacks Jeongyeon’s shoulder “Don’t jinx it. Come on guys, what do you say?” She gives them a mischievous grin

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung share a look, both sigh and relent, returning the smirk

“Okay we’ll go, it sounds like fun”

And it was fun, until they got caught.

The trio were caught trialled and sentenced to 2 and a half months of community service at the towns biggest church, and one of the top 5 largest churches in Korea.

“This is bullsh—Crap, this is crap and I won’t do it” Chaeyoung shouts at the pastor from her seat in front of the pastor’s desk, Jeongyeon nudges her to get her to shut up

“Chaeyoung”

“But it is, we already cleaned the damn thing with toothbrushes, isn’t that enough?”

The older girl adjusts her glasses “We either do this or go to jail”

A deeper voice of Pastor Park hums in agreement “That is correct girls” he sits at his desk and reviews the files given to him “This is your last chance to get it right, so please, use this to not only get right with the law, get right with God too”

It was Jeongyeon’s turn to give the man a dirty look “Listen, we’re just here because we don’t want to go to jail, don’t try and tell us how to live our lives Pastor”

The man puts up his hands with a light chuckle “I understand, we have had a lot of people like you before, just give us a chance. For now though can you two follow me, I’ll get you started on some work – Sana can you stay here for a second.”

Sana gives Pastor Park a polite smile “No promises”

The man breathes out a laugh like Sana was joking and leads the two out, Sana watches from a window, it was one of those ones where you can see people but they can’t see you.

‘Creepy if you ask me’

As creepy as she thought it was Sana finds herself watching the people outside as she opens another cherry flavoured lolipop. That Pastor was bringing her friends to that table with the three girls that also seemed to be around their age, she recognises the one girl that was staring at her when the three walked into the church.

Sana thought that girl was interesting for sure, the pure curiosity filling her eyes – it’s like she’s never seen such people before, and Sana knew she had to talk to this girl. Sana feels her feet moving herself out of the office and listening in on the Pastor and presumably his daughter ‘Ji-Ji’

‘Community service doesn’t look too bad now’

“Minatozaki Sana. I’m convinced the universe brought us together, I hope you can take care of me Ji-Ji”

------------------------------

Jihyo thought this Sana girl was nuts.

‘The universe, really? What garbage’

Her dad laughs as he pats Sana’s back

“I like your enthusiasm Sana, this is my daughter Jihyo” He gives an expectant look at his daughter and the outstretched hand.

Jihyo sighs internally, she stands up and puts on her best smile

“Park Jihyo, nice to meet you”

Sana smirks at her again and it’s already something Jihyo knows will get on her nerves

“The pleasure’s all mine Jihyo” The way her name rolls off of Sana’s tongue sounds so unfamiliar to the girl, unnatural if you will.

“Jihyo will be happy to take you to the back, the bins need taking out and the walls need a good scrub, you don’t mind do you sweetie?” Pastor Park smiles dutifully

‘Of course I do, you’re leaving me alone with a delinquent’

“Not at all dad, right this way” Jihyo gives her best church girl smile again and begins to lead Sana out back.

The o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter