End Note

You're living, but are you Alive?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon found the concept of being afraid of someone utterly ridiculous. They were just another living breathing human being like you - two eyes, two ears, two hands, and two feet.

She figured you weren’t afraid of the person, you were just afraid of the power they held, which is something completely different.

Holding this mindset firmly, it had caused Jeongyeon great trouble in the past, she wasn’t threatened by any figure of authority, mostly because she thought the power they held was given senselessly and recklessly, amounting to nothing but people waving titles in Jeongyeon’s face that meant nothing to her.

It was one thing to have power, it’s another thing to use it properly.

Though having said that, there was only one person Jeongyeon could ever truly say she was scared of at times. Her younger sister.

It wasn’t so much she was afraid of her, she was just afraid of disappointing her – that was a different story entirely, which is why she sighs in relief as she checks the time.

‘4:34, only a few minutes’

“It looks like she’s not even out yet” she mumbles to herself as she puts her phone in her pocket

A soft voice looms behind her “Who’s not out yet unnie?”

The uncharacteristic shriek that escapes Jeongyeon is loud, very loud. She screams in surprise and jumps back.

“Tzuyu! Don’t do that!”

Her younger sister Tzuyu laughs at her misfortune, then gives Jeongyeon a small hug from behind. She was a little taller than Jeongyeon so her chin fit comfortably on her shoulder.

“Sorry”

Jeongyeon sighs “It’s fine”

“I know” Tzuyu stands up fully fishing her phone out of her pocket, she holds it up to her older sister “But being 4 minutes and 32.2 seconds late isn’t fine”

The older girl groans “Tzuyu…I was held up, I told you I’d try to be on time, and I was for the most part”

“4 minutes and 32.2 seconds unnie”

The difference between the two is that Tzuyu was very analytical and specific, she loved looking at things and breaking them down, whilst maintaining her own personal order. She always had a schedule drawn up in her head, and Jeongyeon could clearly see that she had messed it up.

“I’m sorry Tzu, what did you want to do when we got home”

Jeongyeon smiles at Tzuyu’s big grin, she dives into her backpack and takes out a notebook, reading things off a list at a million miles per hour.

“Well we’ll probably get home at around 4:53 and get changed by 5:02, which means that we’ll be just in time for ‘Dogs do the cutest things’ because the intro lasts 1 minute and 53.5 seconds, and that finishes at 5:30 exactly, there’s a gap between then of an hour before that new drama starts at 6:30, and I want to cuddle with the big blanket until that finishes at 7:15 and--”

Jeongyeon hold her hands in a time out position laughing as her younger sister takes a deep breath, she forgets sometimes that she’s 16 and not 6.

“We should start walking first”

Jeongyeon puts the notebook back in Tzuyu’s bag and zips it up, leading the two out the gate when Jeongyeon is startled for the second time that day.

“Park, what are you doing here?”

Nayeon shrugs, she looks a little mad “I don’t know myself, my dad wanted to make sure you would be coming back so he sent me here”

Jeongyeon clicks her tongue, she’s angry that the man doesn’t trust her, she’s even more angry at the fact he sent Nayeon to watch her and didn't dress her properly – she sees that the girl is shivering slightly and shrugs off her jacket, handing it over.

“Here, you look cold” she notices the look of doubt in Nayeon’s eyes and pushes the jacket further “I’m serious, take it before I change my mind”

It’s silent for what seems like years, but eventually Nayeon takes the zip up hoodie, putting it on and silently marvelling in the fact that it’s a little big for her. Jeongyeon notices and she thinks it cute for the most part.

Almost cute enough to ignore the feeling of impending doom behind her. Almost.

“Who’s that” Tzuyu says from behind her, her tone is laced in annoyance.

Nayeon is a little shaken up but stays polite “I’m Park Nayeon, nice to meet you” she holds out her hand a bit, only for it to be ignored so she puts it in the hoodie pocket.

“I’m Tzuyu, Jeongyeon unnie’s sister, and we’re behind schedule” she takes out her phone, the time is 4:37 “So we need to get going”

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes a little, nudging the girl.

“Tzuyu-ah, be polite, we’ll get home in time I promise, say hello”

It takes a couple of seconds but the tall teen eventually speaks, a pained smile resting on her face.

“Hello…”

The effort, albeit poor effort makes Jeongyeon smile sweetly, but she turns to Nayeon and quirks a brow

“You have a ride?”

She shakes her head, and holds up her own phone.

“Google maps”

A heavy sigh escapes Jeongyeon, she runs a concerned hand through her hair – she feels Tzuyu nudge her and sees her walking in front so she motions for Nayeon to walk with her.

“I might have to be a little late” she says quietly “I told her I’d watch her favourite show with her”

Tzuyu walking at some unbelievable speed so can’t hear the two speak.

“You can’t come now?” Nayeon shoves her hands deeper into the hoodie pockets, internally sighing when Jeongyeon shakes her head.

“I gave Tzuyu my word and she trusts me, maybe your dad should trust me too”

Nayeon laughs softly and hits Jeongyeon’s shoulder

“Yeah, maybe, but to be fair he doesn’t know you well enough to trust you”

The delinquent chuckles a little “You make it sound like you know me enough to trust me”

“Maybe I don’t need to know you enough to trust you”

There’s silence for a while, and Jeongyeon puts her hands into her jean pockets as she hums absently.

“Mind sets like that will hurt you in my world, which is why you can never take a look at it, no matter how much you want too, you don’t want to trust me”

Nayeon quirks an eyebrow “Then why does your sister, has she seen your mysterious world” she nods her head at Tzuyu who is still walking and checking the time simultaneously.

Jeongyeon le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter