Sunday Morning

You're living, but are you Alive?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yo guys, how are you? drinking water eating good.I hope so. I'm back with another chapter, bare with me it's a little long. But I hope you enjoy it :))

------------

 

The sunlight seeps through Jihyo’s window on Sunday morning, it gently wakes her up from her slumber, the warmth making her bed all the more comfortable, she was calm, she was happy.

One, two, three, four, five. Five violent thuds on her door was enough to jolt Jihyo from her tranquillity.

“Jihyo, please get ready, we’re leaving in an hour!” Her father calls from the other side of the door.

Jihyo lets out a strangled groan of affirmation and stretches out, she looks around her room and an uneventful Saturday had caused the memories of Friday night return…

“Minatozaki, I’m not in the mood for your childish games” Jihyo turns from the mirror to glare at Sana, who just shrugs as she walks past and begins to wash her hands.

“For once this is a genuine coincidence, my hands are sticky, I came to wash them” she says as she stares at her reflection in the mirror

“Oh really now?”

There is actual confusion in Sana’s raised brow, her jaw holding her lollipop stick firmly.

“I’m sure of it” her lips turn into a smirk “Is it that you wanted me to come just for you? Or is it that you thought I’d elaborate on our conversation?”

Jihyo scoffs, leaning against the sink with folded arms “No, anything but that, you were trying to toy with me”

Sana dries her hands and hums, she throws the tissue in the bin and leans on the wall next to the door, casual hands in the pockets of her leather jacket

“I would do no such thing, I’m no fibber”

Sana throws her empty lollipop stick in the bin, and takes out another one

“I’m hurt you think so low of me Ji-Ji, I never mean to toy with pretty girls, certainly not ones as pretty as you”

Jihyo looks away, arms still folded and eyebrows still furrowed

“Stop trying to lie to me”

Sana doesn’t respond. Instead she steps a little closer, and a little closer, she keeps on gradually stepping until she’s face to face with Jihyo, the latter noticing there’s a more serious look in Sana’s eye.

“Why would I lie to you Jihyo?”

Jihyo herself was quite stunned at the darker tone in Sana’s voice.

“I…I-”

“Who lied to you before?”

The sternness wasn’t matching the soft feeling of Sana’s thumb across her own hands

“Who told you that you were anything less than perfect? That your beauty was anything less than ethereal?”

It was nothing more than faint whispering in her ear. The strong cherry smell wafting Jihyo’s nose, consuming her completely.

“Whatever they said, forget it, that’s how they get you Jihyo, they poison your pretty little head with their lies, why? I couldn’t tell you” there’s a little giggle melting into Jihyo’s ear “You’re much more powerful than you think”

Her hand glides to Jihyo’s cheek, the eye contact is piecing and her thumb is still as soft as ever

“Minatozaki…” Jihyo takes Sana’s hand and puts it down so it’s at her side

“Yes?”

Jihyo lets go and gives Sana an unimpressed stare “Hands”

“Apologies” Sana puts her hand back into her pocket

The door opens, Nayeon is there.

“Jihyo, we’re heading out, mom was looking for you” she looks between the pair “But if you’re busy I can tell her--”

Sana shakes her head at Nayeon

“Don’t mind me, I should be going anyway, Chaeyoung is still sleeping, have a safe trip Parks”

The flurry of knocking on Jihyo’s bedroom door brings her back to reality, she knows it’s her mother because she always knocks and never waits for a response, walking in on her own accord. She scoops Jihyo into a hug and then goes straight to her wardrobe

“Good morning Jihyo”

“Hi mom”

“Sleep well”

“Mhmm”

“Good, what are you wearing today?”

This was a question that had a 50/50 chance of receiving a good answer. Mrs Park had a very distinct vision of how she wanted her girls to look like at church. She always said the children are a reflection of the parents, and she wanted to look the best.

“Um, a t shirt possibly”

“Okay…And?”

“Maybe some trousers…”

“Jihyo, sweetie, no” Her mom starts taking out clothes and places them on Jihyo’s bed “You’re going to look like a boy, and I, as a parent, am not letting my daughter be mistaken for a boy”

“Okay but--”

“No buts Jihyo, think about how I would feel if you or Nayeon ever got mistaken for a boy, not even on the street, at church, that shouldn’t happen, let mommy do this for you, mommy knows best”

Jihyo knows arguing is futile, so she goes to take a shower

“I love you Ji” was the last thing her mother said before Jihyo makes her way to the bathroom.

‘Much more powerful than I think huh? Liar’

-------------

Knock knock knock

“Jeongyeon unnie”

Knock knock knock

“Jeongyeon unnie”

Knock knock knock

“Jeongyeon unnie”

Jeongyeon grunts from under her covers.

“Tzuyu, I’m awake”

She was awake in theory, but Jeongyeon’s body was still connected to her bed, refusing to get up

“Of course you are, you wouldn’t have responded to me if you were still asleep” Tzuyu says from behind the door “But you’re still in bed, and you told me to wake you up at 9am because you’re going to the church”

‘I must have stayed out too late, it’s really 9 already’

Jeongyeon gets up and gets showered, dressed and ready for the day, she was in the middle of making breakfast for her and Tzuyu when the doorbell rang. She checks the peephole and then opens the door.

“Park?”

Nayeon smiles in greeting

“You know, most people would say ‘hey good morning’ when someone is at their door”

Jeongyeon smirks slightly as she lets her in

“You should know I’m not most people”

Nayeon takes off her shoes and turns around with a smirk of her own plastered onto her face.

“How would I know that if you’ve never told me anything about yourself?”

“Maybe the fact that I haven’t would be an insight”

“Maybe an insight isn’t enough for me to be sure”

“Or maybe you’re just not that insightful”

The two are locked in a battle of wills, a recurring position that neither think they will go a day without being in. Jeongyeon of course breaks contact first, she goes to the kitchen and sets down some eggs onto two plates

“You want some?” She looks at Nayeon through the corner of her eye “There’s enough to go around”

Nayeon shakes her head, and Jeongyeon takes up a fork and starts eating.

“I’m guessing you’re here to take me to church?” she says between mouthfuls “I feel a little underdressed”

Jeongyeon scans Nayeon’s outfit, a nice blue dress with a cream cardigan and some black flats and a brown side bag to complete the look.

“Yeah, no you’re fine, your hoodie looks very um…smart. My dad said I should come with you so you feel more comfortable”

“I’m sure I can handle it, but I appreciate his concern, or to be specific, I appreciate the company” she puts her now empty plate away

“That was quick”

“Yeah I forgot to eat dinner last night I was so tired, I guess the hunger caught up to me”

The pair get to Jeongyeon’s door, she shouts upstairs to her sister

“Tzuyu! Breakfast’s on the table! See you when I get back!”

She closes the door and the two are on the way to the church.

“She’s okay with you leaving”

Jeongyeon runs a hand through her hair “I a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter