What Reality?

You're living, but are you Alive?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yo, it's me, are you guys doing okay, drinking water, eating well, staying healthy physically and mentally? I hope so

I'm back with another chapter (that I was meant to finish two days ago ) sorry for the wait but it's here.

I hope you enjoy reading it, and I hope you like the story so far, I mean you're reading it so you must like it right? lol

Enjoy the writings and until we meet again stay safe :))

----------------------------

Jihyo stares at her phone and thinks about how exactly she had drawn herself into this mess….

Earlier that day:

When the others had arrived at the church Nayeon was called into Pastor Parks office instantly, leaving the rest wait for her return.

Chaeyoung had decided to wander around the church, finding it fun that it was empty and she could explore freely. Mina was sitting further away watching a show on her phone, quietly scolding the main character for doing something stupid.

If only Sana was that unproblematic. She had been in a cycle of staring at the ceiling, thinking of what flavour of lollipop she wants next and spewing out nonsense to Jihyo, the church girl did not like it one bit.

“Did I ever tell you how much I liked – no – loved your hair” she puts a stray strand behind Jihyo’s ear, only for Jihyo to push her hand away.

“Hands Minatozaki” she warns but Sana only chuckles, ignoring it completely

“It’s true Ji-Ji, I think you need some colour though”

“Colour?”

“Maybe blonde, something bright”

“Bright…” Jihyo thinks about it for a second, then shakes her head “It doesn’t matter, I can’t dye my hair anyway”

Sana raises a brow “Why not, is it in the bible or something?”

Now there was nothing written in the Bible that said anything specific about dyeing hair, Jihyo would know, she’s read it cover to cover at least 3 times. But her father had made it abundantly clear just how he felt about it.

‘Dyeing your hair brings you closer to the lost youth Jihyo, they do it to seek meaning in their otherwise meaningless life, keep yourself pure and show them the way. Why would you want to tarnish the beautiful head of hair God has given you hmm?’

“Not really…”

“Then why not”

Jihyo wasn’t a liar, she always thought honesty was important, but she had a feeling it wouldn’t resonate well if she told Sana that her father was the reason why, it would only make her look more like a tool of her dad than Sana had originally thought.

‘Well we all answer to someone, you just happen to answer to your father’

Just as she needed a distraction it came, Nayeon exited the office with a heavy sigh and sat down next to Jihyo with a huff and turns her head to Sana.

“Do you know how far away we are from the high school?”

Sana puts a finger to her chin “Not far, like 15 minutes, why?”

“I’m going on a field trip, dad says I need to make sure Yoo comes back” she sinks further into the chair before standing up abruptly and opening up Google maps

Sana folds her arms “If Jeongyeon says she’s coming back she’s coming back, Jeongyeon always sticks to her word”

Nayeon sighs once more as she finds the address and plugs it into the phone “Unfortunately my dad doesn’t think the same way, I’ll see you later”

Jihyo frowns internally as her only hope goes through the door and down the path, on her way to find Jeongyeon, and her last line of defence was about to leave too as Mina’s dad came to get her.

Mina sends a small wave to the two before leaving through the door herself, and Jihyo watches as Sana’s usually content face falters as the man sends them both a polite goodbye.

“I don’t like him” she says after a while “His aura is unpleasant”

“Aura?”

“Yes Ji-Ji, you might have a different word for it in your head, but don’t you feel a certain emotion coming from a person, they just have a nature attached to them”

For once Sana was saying something that Jihyo agreed with, though she fails to see how Officer Myoui had this ‘unpleasant aura’ she had been around the man for years.

“You can practically feel it in the room, and everyone’s is different” Sana gets up to stretch “This place is boring, can you take me to somewhere nicer, preferably somewhere with comfy chairs”

Jihyo stares in slight disbelief, the way the girl is either a philosopher or clueless wanderer is beyond her, but she also thought they could be somewhere more comfortable.

So with a sigh she gets up

“There’s a common room right this way”

------------------------

“This place is nice Jihyo, why didn’t you take me hear earlier”

Sana scopes the common room, it wasn’t much – a few comfy arm chairs, a sofa, a small table and a TV – but it will do.

 The orange haired girl sits on one of the chairs horizontally, so her legs and feet dangle over the edge. She stretches her legs further across the arm of the chair, and it irks the church girl

“Can’t you sit in a chair properly?”

“Nope” Sana says absently, accentuating the ‘p’ – it makes Jihyo roll her eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter