Don't get too close [2Yeon]

You're living, but are you Alive?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon thought this Jeongyeon girl was…interesting, though she says that with extreme caution. It was quite attention-grabbing she’ll admit, the way her piercings shone when the light hit it just right, or how a certain angle would expose the tattoo that resides on her neck. Nayeon wonders if she has anymore.

As Jeongyeon was cleaning away Nayeon was trying to make conversation, but she was really grasping at straws:

“How old are you?”

“19”

“We’re the same age”

“Cool”

“Your hair is nice”

“Thanks”

“Why’d you do it?”

“Do what?”

“Spray paint the other church”

“I felt like it”

“Do you regret it?”

“Not really”

And so on, after a while Nayeon just decides to sit in silence and let the girl work.

She didn’t know how someone could look so dangerous whilst doing something as simple as cleaning. Jeongyeon was halfway through her task, sorting out various items and vacuuming the floor. Right now she was scrubbing the windows like she was going to break them, her eyes were focussed and sharp, almost daring the surface to be anything but spotless.

“Yoo…” She says with hesitation “I think you should take a break”

Jeongyeon grunts “Is that a request a suggestion or an order?”

Nayeon thinks about it for a while “A suggestion?”

“Then no, this place is ing filthy”

The oldest Park child had to make sure she was hearing right, never before had someone been this blunt with her.

“I beg your pardon?”

Jeongyeon turns around to face Nayeon “I mean it’s not a lie, is it Park? Was this place clean before?” she raises a brow.

Nayeon bit back her tongue, she was right, this upstairs chapel looked like a dump “I guess so…”

The other girl hums and goes back to work, and the two are in silence for a while until it’s Jeongyeon who says something. Nayeon was surprised, but pleasantly so.

“I’m sorry…” She doesn’t look back and continues to clean “For swearing, I don’t think that’s something I should do here, that was discourteous of me”

Oh. That was certainly something Nayeon didn’t expect, based purely on outward appearances she would have thought the girl was much too prideful for that.

“It’s…Okay” she watches as Jeongyeon puts all the dirty wipes into the bin “I won’t lie, I wasn’t expecting an apology from you”

Jeongyeon and folds up her hoodie and leather jacket and places it on a now spotless chair as she sits on the table next to it, leaving her in a black t shirt – her feet dangle off the edge and Nayeon thinks it compliments her image well.

She raises a brow “Why? Because of how I look?”

Nayeon doesn’t exactly know how to word it, she doesn’t want to come off as rude.

“…Kind of…” she trails off, then quickly tries to salvage the conversation “Not in a bad way of course you just have this tough exterior, I mean the piercings and the tattoos and the hair and the clothes and the whole” she gestures at Jeongyeon “This”

The other girl breathes out a laugh and Nayeon isn’t sure if it’s a genuine one or not.

“I guess I should have expected that, they always judge me” It sounds thoughtless when she says it “Leviticus 19:28 – You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead nor tattoo any marks on you”

The fact that Jeongyeon knows this quite surprising to the Pastor’s daughter. The delinquent chuckles again at the confused expression of Nayeon.

“That’s their favourite one to use on me, it’s practically engraved into my memory. Are you telling me you haven’t felt it? The judging eyes, or had to deal with the condemnatory scolding from elders”

Nayeon stays silent.

Jeongyeon shakes her head, laughing once more.

“Figures”

The church girl takes a little offence to that.

“What’s that supposed to mean Yoo?”

“I mean…No offence, but have you looked at yourself?” there’s a little crooked grin, it’s teasing almost,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter