Chapter Ten

Tomorrow With You

Yoohee’s eyes fluttered open slowly because of the light from the window that woke her up from her deep slumber. Furrowing her eyebrows, she yawned and her gaze fell on the sleeping man beside her. Glancing at the clock which showed that it is indeed still early in the morning, Yoohee smiled. She brushed his bangs that covered his closed eyes, his hair lovingly. She always loved his soft black locks, sometimes she wondered if men do have hair as soft as her husband or not. Yoohee smiled and pecked his eyes, then his nose, his cheek and lastly his lips.

 

“What did I do to deserve it?” Chanyeol asked making her surprised.

 

Yoohee blushed, glancing at him shyly. His eyes still closed yet he pulled her closer to him by her waist. He peeked one of his eyes and looked at her before let out a contentment sigh and placed his chin on top of her head. Yoohee smiled, tightened her hug around him and buried her face on his chest, her breath tickling his neck.

 

“Do you really need to go?” He asked again with his morning voice.

 

Yoohee hummed and he could not help but to clicked his tongue in disappointment.

 

“Sorry, baby.” Yoohee finally answered.

 

Chanyeol sighed, “At what time you’ll go?”

 

“Uncle probably will pick me up at 9, I still have time to have breakfast with you, I guess.”

 

Chanyeol nodded, “Let’s sleep for a while, then.” And she chuckled in response.

 

 

 

“Babe, do you know where my grey sweater is?”

 

Yoohee was in the kitchen preparing her home cooked Korean traditional breakfast for them when she heard Chanyeol half shouted voice from their bedroom.

 

“I already put it in the wardrobe, babe.” She answered.

 

“I cannot find it.”

 

Yoohee sighed, putting down the last bowl of soup in Chanyeol’s side of the table before made her way to the bedroom where Chanyeol was. Looking absolutely dashing with his blue shirt and brown trousers, his hair perfectly styled just like the usual. She sighed and grab the so-called sweater that he had been looking for and gave it to him.

 

He smiled sheepishly and plant a quick peck on her lips, “You are the best.”

 

Yoohee let out a fake exasperated sigh and he laughed, tailing her to the dining room after he checked his appearance for the last time. They had their breakfast together with Chanyeol passed some meats to her bowl, talked and laughed together. Chanyeol even gave her the detail of his today’s surgery schedules and Yoohee found it surprising because it seems like he started to opened about him more to her. On the other side, she was sad because she also wanted to share everything about her to him but she just could not. Guilt eating her up when she saw his crestfallen face while he received nothing in return from her, but Chanyeol recovered in a beat, flashing his signature smile that showed his dimples to her.

 

It was eight am in the morning when he finally had to leave. They hugged and kissed for a long time before Chanyeol mouthed “take care” to her and went to the hospital.

 

She prepared herself right after that, wearing a black dress that was covered with her favorite long black coat and putting her black leather gloves as her finalized look. An hour later, she found herself on her way to Busan with her uncle beside her who passing all the information regarding the suspect to her. She sighed, turning off her iPad while massaging her temple. Her uncle looking at her sympathetically.

 

“Thinking about Park Chanyeol?” her uncle asked.

 

Yoohee opened her eyes, looking at him sheepishly, “Actually, I don’t even expect things will be going this way between us two, Uncle.”

 

Lee Dongchul chuckled while ruffling her hair, “Lovebirds. Your parents must be so happy.”

 

“He is a good and a loving husband, Uncle. For the first time, I really want to protect him.”

 

Donghee stared at his cousin, smiling proudly because he knew how cold hearted this young girl was and the fact that Park Chanyeol could make his way deeper into her heart was indeed amazing.

 

He patted her back soflty, “Uncle will always be on your side, daughter.”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked at the garden scenery in front of him, sipping on his Americano he sighed while staring to his phone screen. It has been hours since her last message informing about her departure and wishing him a nice day, yet there was none of another message from her since then. He huffed, looking at some hospital patients who wandering around the garden.

 

“You look distracted, Dr.Park.”

 

The sound of his bestfriend voice woke him up from his thought. Rolling his eyes in annoyance, he slightly moving aside to give Woojin some space.

 

“She only went for a couple of days, you lovebird.” Woojin chuckled.

 

“How do you know she went for a business trip?”

 

“Chill. Not going to steal your wife, my girlfriend just told me this morning.” He teased Chanyeol.

 

He continued, “I don’t know that the cold Park Chanyeol will turn into something like this because of marriage. Well, the thought of you getting married was never crossing my mind, but I guess marriage suits you well.”

 

Chanyeol looked away while rolling his eyes making the latter laughed his off. They took a moment of silence, both of them gazing at the sun that was setting down in front of them. Chanyeol took another sip of his coffee before secretly glancing to his bestfriend who looked like in a deep thought beside him. He did not have much friends, and Seo Woojin was his only bestfriend, they had the same personalities and maybe that was the reason why they finally became closer to each other in the first place. And for some days, Chanyeol just felt grateful that he had Woojin as his bestfriend. As in the cue, Woojin suddenly said something to him, as if he knew what was on Chanyeol’s mind at the moment.

 

“Don’t worry too much. She will be home soon, safe and sound.”

 

 

 

 

The cold wind blew strongly at the end of the night as Yoohee tightened her black wool coat that wrapped her petite figure perfectly. She stared at the big old warehouse in front of her, her hand reaching the pocket unconsciously where her gun was placed. That afternoon, soon after they reached Busan, she and her team directly had a meeting about Song Seunghun whereabouts and the plans that they would take later on. After passing some information and strategies, she concluded the meeting with sending some of her people to checked on Seunghun’s hiding place. After got everything checked and cleared, Yoohee and her uncle Donghee finally made their way to the one of abandoned warehouses located in Busan suburbs.

 

“We need to captured him as soon as possible, okay? We cannot lose him again this time.” She heard her uncle briefed their people shortly.

 

Yes, she should not let that bastard slip away again this time. She learned the ugly truth this morning that Seunghun already prepared everything so he could attack Park Co, including the plan to even kidnapped and killed her father in law so he could steal everything from him. And she would never let that happen to him, to her husband’s father, to her family.

 

“Yoohee.” She heard her uncle called her and she turned her gaze to him

 

“Whatever happened, do not even try to protect anyone, even if it is me. You already know the basic, right?”

 

Yoohee wanted to argue but she swallowed the urge, looking away and gritting her teeth, she nodded and her uncle smiled, “Good girl.”

 

A minutes later, they saw a black car parked in front of the warehouse, Song Seunghun came out from the car with some of her defected people tailing behind him making her gritted her teeth in anger. She surely well aware that in this world she was living in, betrayal was a common thing, but the fact that people that she already trusted so much for years did it to her still making her blood boil. She shook the thought, focusing again to the scene in front of her, she saw a man opened the closed old wooden door for Seunghun as he smirked before entering the place. Yoohee waited for a while until all of them come inside the warehouse before she looked at her uncle as she nodded in cue.

 

“On my count, one…” she said, looking at men who were behind her.

 

She waited until the last of Seunghun’s man closed the door “Two…”

 

Before the door was fully closed, the man looking at her directly in the eyes and nodded,

 

“Three!”

 

They stormed off from their hiding place into the door, where the man opened it for them as wide as he could. Joining them with two other men in the fight when Yoohee and her team succeed in coming inside the old warehouse. She could see the betrayed and shocked look across Seunghun’s face and she smirked in content.

 

Serve you right, filth bastard.

 

Yoohee ran to him, with her uncle help to blocked Seunghun’s men who tried to take her down, she now could clearly see his panic expression as he instructed some of his men to help him. But thanks to her men, seems like his men could not even getting any nearer to him. Yoohee slowed down, standing right some meters before him. Seunghun recovered from his panicked expression and looking at her with a disgusting smile planted on his face.

 

“Lee Yoohee, the beautiful daughter of Lee Corp.” he said, smiling at her mockingly.

 

Yoohee stared at him disgustingly, “Stop it now, Song Seunghun.”

 

“Don’t you dare to tell me anything.”

 

Her gaze toward him keep still, “You already have everything. Your company is already doing well, what do you want again?”

 

“Are you stupid or what? Oh no, you are Lee Yoohee after all, you will not worry about how to climb to the higher position since Lee Corp is already there.” He scoffed.

 

“Both of you, Lee Corp and Park Co is the highest and most profitable company in the entire Asian and you two decided to made it more by combining it all? Such greedy monsters.”

 

Yoohee clenched her fist, tried so hard to suppress her boiling anger. She closed her eyes, thinking that would be no use to explained the reason behind their merging company to someone like him.

 

She scoffed, “You are the one who is greedy here.”

 

“What? No. That is what they called as surviving the world, you .” He shouted before continued, “In order to survive, in order to beat you and your greedy father, I need Park Co to help me climb the stairs.”

 

Yoohee laughed in disgust, “You know, as long as I live, you can keep dreaming.”

 

His face changed to the angry one as he gritted his teeth, he reached for the knife under his coat and pointed it to her, “That is why, I am going to kill you with my own hands.”

 

Yoohee successfully dodging him when he stormed his way toward her, making him losing his balance for a while before turning his direction back to her. Yoohee could saw her men including her uncle were still busy fighting with Seunghun’s men and she could saw how they actually lost in number. She needed to end this quickly.

 

Yoohee swiftly kicked him in the shin, making him lost his balance again and dropped the knife that he had been holding on all this time. He looked at her with so much anger before cursed at her loudly and Yoohee smirked at him, making him mad. He stormed at her and let out a punch that Yoohee swiftly slip from it. She threw other punches to him, unfortunately she slipped at the last punch, now giving Seunghun the benefit. He smacked the back of her neck and punched her face with so much strength that he had.

 

Yoohee dropped down on the floor, her head felt dizzy and before she could gather her energy, Seunghun kicked her right on her side. She was now on the floor and she could hear her uncle shouted her name from a far. Her body aches so bad and she felt like she wanted to puke. She coughed a little and she could feel a thick liquid came out from . Blood, she snarled.

From her peripheral vision she could saw Seunghun smirked down mockingly at her and when he threw another kick, Yoohee sprightly took his feet with her bare hands and threw him down. Sitting on top of him, she punched his face for couple of times.

 

“End it now, Seunghun. Give it up.” She said in between the punches.

 

Seunghun wriggled helplessly but Yoohee was the one who earned the beneficial spot now. She yelped out in pain when she felt someone grabbed her hair and threw her to the floor. She quickly stood up and turned when she saw there was one of Seunghun’s men made his way to her. She dodged the punches and send him off with one swift kick on his stomach. The guy stood up again and ready to fought her again when he heard Donghee’s shouted at her during his fought.

 

“Yoohee, behind you!”

 

She turned and there was Seunghun.

 

She felt numb at first, then she saw Seunghun’s face right only a millimeter away from hers. His hand wrapped around her neck, “I’ve told you.”

 

She could not hear anything after that, but in seconds she could see her uncle grabbed him away from her, she could see how he punched Seunghun before one of his men distracted him and the previous guy who she fought with took Seunghun’s limp body on his back and ran away. Together with all of his men.

 

She could feel the energy left her body as she dropped down on her knees, her uncle took her in his arm. Looking at her uncle panic face, she suddenly felt an unbearable pain as something was pulled away from her stomach. She could see her uncle moving lips as he ran with her in his arms, she could not hear anything. All she felt was the pain that enveloped her, she just wanted to sleep. She wanted to sleep and waking up inside Chanyeol’s arms, just like the usual. Suddenly she missed him so bad, what is he doing right now?

 

She gathered all her remaining energy, “Take me home. Take me to Chanyeol.”

 

 

===========================================================================================================================

 

Have a great weekend everyone! :)