Chapter Three

Tomorrow With You

The weeks passed rather quickly. Two days after her last conversation with Eunjae, Chanyeol suddenly came to her house and asked her for a date. It was a simple date, they only went for a lunch at one of his favorite restaurant that she just knew existed near her neighborhood. They talked for hours about each other preferences and dislikes, getting to know each other better for the sake of their future married life. It was still different from what her bestfriend has feared of about Chanyeol. He was definitely a sweet and warm guy, and Yoohee even could feel that she was being taken care of him. There was no trace of cold Chanyeol towards her and it was probably a good sign.

 

On their third date, they talked and agreed that they would try to do what husband and wife duties such as cooking for each other and all those stuffs. It was until the last date before their wedding day that Chanyeol asked her to sleep in the same bed with him, as a husband and wife, and Yoohee agreed. After all, this arranged marriage was not that bad, in the meantime before they wedding day they talked and being honest with each other preferences and thoughts. Chanyeol even found her more amusing because even though he was 28 and Lee Yoohee was only 25 but he found the girl was more mature than her age and that triggered him. That was the reason why he asked her to sleep with him, because he was thrilled, he for once wanted try this for real.

 

After the last date, Chanyeol went back to Daegu to fulfill his job as a doctor and come back to Seoul a night before their wedding day, enough to made his parents furious for how cold and hardworking he was. On the other hand, Yoohee was not bothered at all, it was his business and passion and she was not ever once thinking to involved in his life and feelings. Sure, they would marry but that is all. She was busy with the merger of Park Co under her wings, set it up so that they also had the same securities as her other companies. The different was, Park Co only got the protection from her but she left the plan and company still on Chanyeol’s father hands, she would not involve as anything there. Sure, she was registered as one of the board directors but she would not involve at all regarding the company policies, safety was all she would provide for her husband family.

 

The wedding took place in Ritz Carlton Hotel with all their parents and their acquaintances attending the party. There are Chanyeol’s doctor acquaintances, Yoohee’s friends and Lee Corp’s business partners, and many more. Yoohee was now waiting in her bride room alone since all her stylist went out few minutes ago. The door opened, revealing her bestfriend slash bridesmaid who was looking so beautiful squealing at her.

 

“Oh my God, I swear that Chanyeol guy is the luckiest guy ever!”

 

Yoohee laughed as she posed for a picture that Eunjae currently taking, “Stop it.”

 

“You do not know how happy I am for you. You looks happy, so I guess that Chanyeol guy treat you better despite the coldness, huh?”

 

“It was Chanyeol, you punk. And I told you, he was fine.”

 

Eunjae nodded nonchalantly, “Can’t wait to see you in Daegu, babe. We surely will make a good neighbor.”

 

Yoohee nodded, another best thing that happened with this marriage was the fact that Chanyeol’s house was in the same neighborhood, only two houses away even, with her bestfriend’s house. That was rather a very good coincidence. At the first time, when they said that Yoohee needs to move in to Chanyeol’s house in Daegu, she was a little bit panicked because it would be the first time she was away from her family and her world in Seoul. But, the universe got her a wedding gift by bringing her bestfriend to accompany her. She was happy.

 

A soft knocked was heard and then her father smiled at her, “Let’s go princess.”

 

Yoohee inhaled while walking with her father beside her, behind her Eunjae accompanied her as her bridesmaid. Smiling as she walked closer to the aisle, there he was, her soon to be husband, Park Chanyeol, looked so dashing with his black suit waiting for her. She could see how Chanyeol’s jaw dropped and his rounded eyes when he saw her for the first time before regaining his composure and smiled at her. She also could hear voices and murmurs that compliment her appearance and how she and Chanyeol looked so good together surrounding her.

 

And when her father gave her hand to Chanyeol’s, he could swear that she was the most beautiful woman that he was ever seen for all his life. Looking at his groomsman which also his bestfriend, Seo Woojin, smiling at him encouragingly, he said the sacred vow confidently, together with his bride.

 

“You may kiss the bride.”

 

When he heard the priest said the word, Chanyeol opened her veil and smiled at her. Without a doubt, he gently caressed his now wife face before swept her into a deep loving kiss. That was their first kiss, as a husband and wife, the thing that sealed the promises they made for each other. That was also their first kiss, as a person in relationship. Chanyeol could feel how soft and sweet his wife lips and Yoohee liking the intimate gestures from the guy with open heart. After all, they start everything so very smoothly.

 

When they parted, Yoohee could see the smile on Chanyeol’s face as she returned the smile to him. Surprisingly, she was happy, and so he was. The cheers and claps went on as they walked out the aisle as a husband and wife, smile plastered on both of their faces. Yoohee looked at her bestfriend who was leaning on the groomsman chest, that must be her boyfriend, Yoohee thought. Eunjae waved at her.

 

The wedding reception was held right after that on the same venue, Chanyeol did not leave Yoohee’s side even once that night, even when Yoohee finally greeted by her bestfriend and her boyfriend.

 

“Congratulations, Sunbaenim.” Eunjae bowed to Chanyeol before hugged her bestfriend.

 

Chanyeol thanked her before softly punched his bestfriend and laughed who threw his arms around him.

 

“Nice to finally meet you, I am Seo Woojin.”

 

Yoohee smiled, he could tell that this guy really loves her bestfriend, “Nice to meet you, too.”

 

 

After hours of greeting people and all, Yoohee and Chanyeol finally could put an end to the tiring yet beautiful night of theirs. Staying at the same hotel for their first night, they were given the presidential suit to complete all the sacred ritual, as her bestfriend have said.

 

“Let’s take things slow, okay?” Chanyeol has said to her later that night when she went out from the bathroom.

 

Yoohee smiled, this was exactly what she wanted and been thinking of regarding their relationship. The fact that she did not need to explain further about what was on her mind, the fact that she did not need to pretend about anything related this marriage life because her husband had exactly the same thoughts as her regarding everything. After all, it was not love that they first signed up for.

 

They spent the night talking and wine, then a little later after midnight they went to sleep on the same bed. Just sleeping, side by side, no more no less.

 

 

 

 

Two days after their wedding day, Yoohee finally moved in with Chanyeol to Daegu because apparently her husband could not left work any longer and rushed to hospital soon after they arrived in the town, not before showing his house to his new wife of course.

 

His house was a simple two floor house with a minimalist architecture. All of his furniture and house decorations were dominated with white, black and grey colors but somehow it did not seem dull at all. Yoohee studied their house, putting her belongings side by side along with Chanyeol’s stuffs. Although living alone, Chanyeol have done a very good work on maintaining his house, apparently. Everything was very neat and she could not be any pleased about this side of him. Looking at the dishes and his dirty clothes, Yoohee finally did her wife duties for the first time. As she already done with the task, she went grocery shopping by herself and cooked dinner for her husband.

 

It was 11 pm when Yoohee heard the sound of Chanyeol’s car entered the garage before he fumbling through the front door. Yoohee was now in living room with some papers she worked on before Chanyeol came in with tired eyes searching for her existence.

 

“I’m home.” He announced, feeling weird yet so natural when he said that. The fact that he now has someone waiting for him in his house made him feels warm.

 

“I am here, Yeol.” Yoohee answered, and Chanyeol smiled at the sight of his wife in the living room.

 

Chanyeol put his coat at the coat hanger and changed his shoes into the house slipper before taking a seat next to Yoohee in the sofa, glanced at the paperworks she has been struggled with.

 

“Have a good day? You look tired.” Yoohee smiled while put all the paperworks away and shifting her attention only to him which made him smiled. Chanyeol nodded as the answer.

 

“Then go wash yourself up, I already cooked some stew for our dinner. Have you eaten yet?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head earning a smile from his wife. He did not know that being married will be this wonderful, having someone to waiting for him after a long day at work, having someone to take care of him, it was all very pleasing and he liked it. Sure, this was the first time, he remembered clearly that he never opened up the door of hisheart as much as he had already done to Lee Yoohee. He did not understand how she could effortlessly pass all the barrier that he had for his whole life so easily like this?

 

If Chanyeol was asked whether he loved his wife, the answer will be no. They did not start all of this in the name of love at the first place, up until now. But, one thing he sure of, he cared for her and he was grateful that she was the one that his parents chose to marry him. Yes, he was indeed very thankful for her.

 

After washed up, Chanyeol found himself seated at the dining room together with Yoohee. She put a glass of water beside his bowl before joining him in the dining table.

 

Chanyeol sipped a spoon of his chicken stew and his eyes rounded, “This is so good, Yoo.”

 

Yoohee grinned, she was known for her skill for cooking. She loved cooking since she was child, as she always went to help her mother with baking and everything in the kitchen. She smiled proudly to herself, those day were finally paid off with a single compliment coming from her husband.

 

“Guess I made a good wife material, then?” Yoohee joked, earning an acceptance laugh from the latter.

 

After the dinner and spending the time watching TV together, Chanyeol and Yoohee decided to go to sleep. Facing each other on his king bed, Chanyeol smiled while looking at her sleeping figure. She looked like an angel, so peaceful and so beautiful, he should admit. There were no skinships at all ever since their first meeting until now as they promised to take everything slow, it was content enough sleeping with them facing each other because that was how they want to convey about their feelings, that they were opened up with each other.