Chapter Fourteen

Tomorrow With You

It was one of a fine morning, the sun came through the bedroom and the sound of birds chirping could be heard from outside the room. Yoohee opened her eyes as the sunlight woke her up from her deep slumber, she yawned before looking at her husband who was still peacefully sleeping beside her. She smiled as she brushed strands of hair that were covering his eyes, making a mental note to asked him to trim them later on. Peeking at the clock that was hanging on the wall, she realized that it was still early in the morning. Yoohee kissed his forehead lightly before she got up from the bed, wincing a little when she felt a slight pain coming from her already healed wound. Stretched her long limbs a little, she decided to went out from Chanyeol’s bedroom.

 

She just entered the kitchen when she saw her mother in law already there, cooking some breakfast for them with the help of some of her maids. Her face immediately lightened up when she saw that her daughter in law was already woke up, greeting her with a happy smile.

 

“Mother, anything I can help?” She offered, found herself stood beside her mother in law.

 

She shook her head, signaling to the maids to continued her work “Everything's okay. Did you have a good sleep?”

 

Yoohee nodded and her mother in law led her to the dining table as she handed her a glass of apple juice that Yoohee gladly accept, “How’s your feeling? You should sleep more, sweetheart.”

 

“I’m all okay, Mother. Chanyeol is the one who should sleep more, these past few days must be very hard for him.”

 

His mother smiled, “Is he good to you? It’s hard for him when it comes to expressing feelings, but—”

 

She was cut mid-sentence when both of them heard a low deep voice coming in, “Did you talk bad about me in front of my wife, Mom?”

 

The maids were immediately bowed at him when they saw him entered the kitchen. His hair messy and sleep still very visible on his handsome face. He pecked her temple as he muttered a good morning greeting before took a seat right beside the already red Yoohee. She hissed at him for showing some affection in front of his mother and he only chuckled, her back softly while taking a sip of her half glass apple juice. On the other hand, his mother looking at them with her jaw hanging low, could not believe the scene that just happened in front of her. She knew how cold her son was, even with her and her husband, but seeing him showering her daughter in law with so much affection was both shocking and surprising her to the fullest. She smiled when she saw the honey dripping on his eye as he stared at the girl beside him, listening patiently to her rants on how to behave in front of their parents and vice versa. She was glad that the arranged marriage turned to be a good thing for him and his personality development.

 

“Your marriage life must be very exciting, huh?” his mother commented.

 

One of the maids brought him a cup of coffee and he thanked her before answering, “Of course, Mom.”

 

“Then hurry up and give me a grandchild already.”

 

Chanyeol choked on his coffee while Yoohee suddenly turned into a series of coughing fit, both of their face turned hot red after hearing his mother vulgar words. Yoohee patted his back softly while cleaned up the coffee that he accidentally spilled on his pajama’s pants while his mother could not help but to laughing out loud looking at their blushing faces.

 

“Mom!” he whined and his mother only laughed, shrugging her shoulder.

 

The maids started to place their breakfast on the table when his father came into the kitchen, laughing after he eavesdropped their last conversation. Yoohee got up from her seat and greeted him while his father smiled and patted her shoulder in reply. As in cue, the maids started to set the plates for them and they finally had their breakfast together. Despite how close Yoohee already was with both of her husband parents, the fact that she had her first breakfast as their daughter in law was both weird and amusing for her. That morning was warm for both of her and Chanyeol as they spent the morning talked about almost everything.

 

Almost an hour later Yoohee and Chanyeol asking permission to went back to their room and his father suddenly called them again before they could leave the dining room,

 

“Forgot to tell you, this afternoon we will have our annual business lunch with some of our colleague, Yoohee, I guess you already familiar with this.”

 

Yoohee nodded and she looked at Chanyeol who was furrowing his eyebrows, “Yes, Father.”

 

“Take some rest, we’re going together at 12, okay?” he finally concluded and the couple only nodded.

 

 

 

 

“I never ever once attended this kind of event before.” Chanyeol muttered as he looked at Yoohee who currently fixing his black tie.

 

She raised her eyebrows in amusement, “Really?”

 

“I am a doctor, baby, not a businessman. Besides, I have zero interest on things like this.”

 

She scoffed, turned away to checked herself on the mirror for one last time. She took the red lipstick from her purse and painted it to her lips while Chanyeol looking at her from behind. He knew his wife was beautiful but she was looking exceptionally beautiful today with that black midi dress which hugged her petite figure perfectly. She must admit that she really looked like those rich and glamorous heiresses who held so much authorities inside her tiny hands. The knock on his bedroom door woke him up from his train of thought and revealed his mother who peeked her head through the door.

 

“We’re going to wait downstairs, come down as soon as you guys ready.” She said and closed the door afterward.

 

Yoohee checked herself one more time before she stretched out her hand toward him,

 

“Let’s go, husband.”

 

 

 

 

For all his life, Chanyeol was never ever felt so lost as much as today before. He looked at all the strange and unknown faces around him, if it was not because of his wife who kept his sane by intertwining her hand with him as she greeted those people, he probably already left the party ever since they arrived at the venue. The annual event was apparently hosted by Yoohee’s parents as the most influential business owner in the country and it also took place at one of the famous hotels in Korea. He could tell that all the people who were invited was at least at the same level of his family was on the social status. He looked at her wife and his father beside him who currently talking with some of their acquaintances and smiled out of formalities when his father proudly introduced him as his son to them. Although he did not understand any words that they were currently talking about, he did not regret coming to this event because he was able to saw another side of his wife that he was dying to see all these times. Despite her young age compared to the rest of them, she looked so composed, so charismatic with all of them listening and agreeing at all of the words she said.

 

It was one and a half hour later that Chanyeol finally felt restless as he did not even have any idea about all the topics that they were talking about. He looked at his wife who currently listening to their interlocutors before tapped her hand gently, making the girl turned all her attention directly to him.

 

“I’ll go get a drink for us, okay?” he whispered and she nodded.

 

Patted her back softly and excused himself to them, he let out a breath shortly after leaving them to the drink counters. He loosened his tie a little as he reached a glass of champagne from the waiter. Leaning toward the wall, he sipped his glass and scanned the surrounding. There were both of his mother and mother in law talking with probably some of the businessmen’s wives, his father in law who was surrounded with some people who probably just his boots and Chanyeol scrunched his nose in disgust at the thought.

 

“Tired?” someone tapped his shoulder and he immediately bowed when he saw who it was.

 

“How are you, Uncle?”

 

Lee Donghee looked absolutely dashing for a guy at his age, raised his glass toward him, “I’m fine. Fancy seeing you here, Chanyeol. It must be your first time, right?”

 

Chanyeol nodded and he heard him chuckled, “Must be so tiring for being Lee Yoohee’s husband, huh?”

 

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol asked, looking at the man beside her curiously.

 

Lee Donghee moved his head slightly, “I know how it feels to be jealous all the time.”

 

Chanyeol turned his gaze to the direction that Donghee’s previously pointed to him and he could see his wife who was currently talking and laughing with a handsome guy in front of her. He saw how her eyes lit during their conversation and how he casually touched her arms. He looked at the guy and he could feel his heart wrenched, the guy was indeed very handsome with a fair skin, soft features and dark brown hair that framed his small face perfectly. He could feel someone’s tugged his heart seeing how close and comfortable his wife was with the guy and he could not help but to think how both of them matched with each other.

 

He patted the younger man’s shoulder before he walked away, “It’s a good choice, Chanyeol, for not taking over your dad position.”

 

Chanyeol sighed, put his half empty glass on the table before walking toward the direction where his wife was. She let out a soft gasp when he found his arm around her waist, smiling immediately after realizing that it was her husband arm. He looked at the guy in front of them who was looking at both of her and him confusingly, Chanyeol’s gaze stone cold pierced toward him. Yoohee who understood the situation immediately circled one of her arms around his middle as she introduced him to the guy.

 

“Oppa, this is my husband, Park Chanyeol. Baby, this is Yoonseok Oppa from Yoo&Co.”

 

Yoonseok stretched his hand and Chanyeol shook it, “Nice to meet you.”

 

He did not like how casual the Oppa word rolled out from his wife mouth, yet he let out a forced thin smile toward the guy in reply. Chanyeol never ever once regret his choice for not taking his heir position and became a doctor, he never ever once wished himself to knew better about this other world. At this moment, seeing how happy and comfortable his wife was when she was talking about things he did not even understand with another guy, today for the first time in his life he wished he knew better about this world more than ever.

 

 

 

“Are you okay?” Yoohee asked as soon as they entered his bedroom.

 

Chanyeol took off his suit and his already loosen tie. It was still early in the evening when they arrived back at the Park Mansion after the annual lunch party that drained all of his energy.

 

“Baby?” Yoohee touched his arm and when he turned his gaze toward her, he could feel the concern in her brown orbs that he loved dearly.

 

She continued, “You’ve been so quiet all the way home. What’s wrong?”

 

Chanyeol sighed, he was annoyed with himself. He always hated the concept of jealousy and he could never understand how could someone be jealous to anyone everytime Woojin confided to him about his girlfriend. How could someone feel jealous with someone when they already knew that their beloved ones were already theirs? But, he finally learned the answers today, in a hard way.

 

“I don’t like it. The fact that I don’t understand any single thing about your world.” He muttered.

 

Yoohee frowned, “What are you talking about?”

 

“I feel stupid, Yoohee. I feel I’m not good enough for you compared to that guy. I could never understand about those business things like he did.” He answered, sounded restless.

 

“But, it doesn’t matter, baby. How about me? I also have no idea about your medical world, but you’re okay with it? See, we’re just the same. That’s okay, we’re fine.”

 

“That’s not it!” he retorted, his voice raising which seconds later he regretted it so much.

 

He looked at her shocked face and sighed, “I am sorry, I just…”

 

She recovered in a beat, sighed as she closed the gap between them. She held his face with both of her hand, asking him to looking at her. She could see the insecurities and worries latched on his orbs, he brushed the side of his face softly as he leaned to her touch, his breathing getting calmer.

 

“You are everything I could ask for, Park Chanyeol, and I love you for who you are. So, don’t you ever once doubt yourself or even my love for you, okay?”

 

He looked at her, her eyes were full of sincerity and love making him found himself again. How could he live without her? He swore he could not love anyone again as much as he loved her because this woman in front of him was his world, his life, his everything.

 

“I am sorry.” He muttered, “I am truly sorry.”

 

Yoohee smiled, shook her head as she brought his lips closer to hers, captured them into a sweet loving kiss. She smiled when she felt his arms wrapped around her as he deepened the kiss. His mouth felt like a melted chocolate and faint of champagne, two things that she knew he just ate earlier but she loved it. She let her fingers wandered on his perfectly styled hair, feeling his sticky pomade in between her fingers. She deepened the kiss, as her fingers finally travelled down to the buttons of his white shirt, opened them one by one. Although they were currently on her in law house, she did not care. All she cared about was on how to showed her husband how much he meant to her, how much she loved him with all her heart.

 

And she surely did so as the entire house could heard how loud they were that evening, very clearly.

 

 

 

 

Three days had passed in a blink since they came back from Seoul. Three days full of love with Park Chanyeol and she amused at the fact that she did not even get pregnant even after their tremendous rounds of .

Yoohee was watching one of her favorite dramas when her phone suddenly rang.

 

“Yes, Uncle?”

 

“Seunghun succeed on hacking Park’s data. He got all the information that he needs and now he’s in Daegu.” He heard her uncle voice on the other line and Yoohee could feel her world crashing, she shut her eyes tightly.

 

He continued, “I’ve tracked his location and I’m going there tomorrow. I’ll text you the address.”

 

“Okay, Uncle. See you tomorrow.”

 

 

 

 

Lee Donghee put his phone back to his pocket as he turned his gaze to the man in front of him who evilly laughed after seeing the great betrayal scene in front of him.

 

“Tomorrow, I’m not going to be her shadow anymore.” He muttered, clenching his fist tightly.

 

 

===========================================================================================================================

This actually coming to an end, guys :)

 

Thank you for loving this story and leaving such a supportive comments about this story.

See you in the next chapter! :)