Chapter Twelve

Tomorrow With You

Chanyeol parked his black sleek Lexus in front of the house before stormed in to the house, surprising all of the maids with his sudden entrance. Bowing to him, he could not even care less and went inside his father room, where both of his parents currently having their afternoon tea. Slamming the door shut, both of his parents were giving him the same surprised look just like the maids. His mother was the one who quickly recovered as she approached him, smiling, but Chanyeol did not even return the greeting.

 

“Why you did not tell me anything about this?” his voice cold, staring directly to his confused dad.

 

He finally shouted, “Why are you keeping things from me?!”

 

“What are you talking about, Son? Take a seat, explain it to me.” His father finally said, putting down his teacup.

 

His mother tried to calming him down beside him, brushing her hands up and down on his back and arm. Anger filled himself fully, how could his parents, the one that he trusted for all of his life, would be the one who made this mess by keeping things from him, he was incredibly mad.

 

“You set me and Yoohee in arranged marriage so that you can keep the company at its place. Dad, are you kidding me?”

 

His father looked at him, “Let me explain it to you, Son.”

 

“Don’t you know you put my wife’s life in danger? Are you even a human, Dad?”

 

He was shouting, his breath was ragged by now because of so much anger that he tried to suppress inside him. He ignored his mother plead to calm down and sit down, he just wanted to hear any explanation from his father. He saw his father moved his lips, ready to answer, before the door was opened with a loud thud,

 

“It wasn’t your father fault.” He turned and there he was, the great Lee Dongchul, his father in law.

 

Lee Dongchul entered the room with his wife behind her, walked to his father and they exchanged a brotherly hug while his mother in law comforted his mother beside him. He bowed a little to his parents in law and Dongchul nodded back to him.

 

“Take a sit. I will explain it all to you.” His father in law deep voice suddenly calmed him down, as he took a seat in front of them.

 

“I have heard everything from her uncle and yes I expect you to come here today. We want to talk about everything that was happened yesterday with your parents that is why we came, did not expect that you are already here, creating some fusses.”

 

Chanyeol never once in his life feel intimidated with anyone or even anything. Not even when one of his seniors, back into his college life, bullied him just because the guy envied him. But, this man in front of him, with his deep voice that latched with so much authorities, made him feel small right at the moment. He wondered, perhaps that was one of the reasons why Lee Corp could be in its place right now and being one of the biggest leading mafia gangs in Asia, because his father in law was both charismatic and intimidating person.

 

“Father, please explain it to me. I beg you.” Chanyeol finally found his voice again.

 

Lee Dongchul could see the sincerity in his eyes, the worry that was clearly visible in his voice. He smiled a little, this man in front of him was indeed a perfect husband for her daughter. Suddenly he felt so light and happy, for all these times he had been worrying how his daughter would be, feeling bad to married her off with a guy who she had not even love, but seeing how his son in law drove by himself from Daegu to Seoul only for her wife made him felt warm. This Park Chanyeol guy really cared for her daughter with all his heart.

 

“This is not your father fault. I am the one who insist to merge our company and arranged your marriage. You know we have been friends for all of our lives. I wanted to help him.”

 

“But, by sacrificing your only daughter?” Chanyeol retorted, disbelief.

 

His father in law chuckled, “Your father was also sacrificing his only son, Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol stared at his confusingly, he looked at his father who smiled at him and he suddenly felt guilts washed over him because of his immature act previously.

 

“Your father giving his only son to take care of my only daughter for life. Isn’t it me who is the one getting so much benefit here?” he continued, “We lived in a very cruel world, Yoohee already knows about it since she was young. She and your parents already close to each other since a long time ago, you probably do not even know.”

 

Chanyeol stayed silent for a moment. That was right, the fact that Yoohee and his parents were close to each other, he heard his father shooting voice, “Different from you who was never interested with the business, Yoohee is already into it since she was a little girl.”

 

Both of his parents and parents in law chuckled,

 

“Your father in law always brought her to almost every meeting and gathering that we were invited by. That was why me and your wife is close to one another, I even already regarded her as my own daughter. That is why we wanted to set you in arranged marriage since a long time ago. But, you being you, always refused to came to every dinner meeting and we thought we were failed when the time has passed by and you went overseas for your medical degree.” His father continued.

 

He remembered how he always refused whenever his parents asked him to accompanied them to every business invitation just because he did not interest and did not want to take a part for that world. He wanted so bad to be a doctor, to help everyone in need, not only the richest one but also the poor. Perhaps, that was why despite how close his parents with her wife must be, he was never knew about her existence before because he was the one who have been rejecting her all these times.

 

“That is also one of the reasons why Yoohee wanted to marry you, because she also wants to help me and our company. That is why Dongchul set us up under her wings.” his father continued.

 

“Son, I am going to make it to the point. There is one specific person who wanted to take down your father company, his name is Song Seunghun.”

 

Chanyeol looked at him, “The owner of that Song company? But why?”

 

“You know him?” his mother finally joined the conversation.

 

He nodded, “When I was in Seoul hospital, I helped him to put the ring on his heart together with Woojin.”

 

“He had a heart problem, apparently.” Dongchul said to his father and both of them smirked.

 

“Anyway, Seunghun’s company has been declining lately, there were so many investors who took their way out from him and because of his never endings greed he wanted to take your father company so it would help him to climb to the higher social status.”

 

Chanyeol scrunched his nose in disgust, that was why he never interested to take part into this greedy and dark business world. The world which was filled with greed and the importance of social status. Though, he knew his father, his father in law and his wife were surely different from the rest. Talking about his wife, he suddenly felt much longing toward the girl and feeling guilty to leave her alone just like that. Suddenly, all he wanted to do was to come home to his lovely wife.

 

“Anyway, please take care of my daughter. This probably is not the end yet. We want to visit her actually but there is something that we need to discuss regarding this.” His father in law smiled at him.

 

He shook his head, “It’s okay, Father. I am going to bring her here tomorrow.”

His father stood up and approached him, patted his shoulder gently “We are sorry for keeping things from you, Son.”

 

“I am also sorry for shouting at you, Dad.”

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s okay, babe. At least you've already told him everything.” Eunjae Yoohee’s back in a calming way.

 

Earlier this afternoon, she was enjoying her day off when suddenly her phone rang with Yoohee’s sobbing voice on the other line. When she arrived at her bestfriend house, she was surprised with both of Yoohee’s condition and crying face welcoming her. She then learned all of the reasons, with her bestfriend crying inside her arms.

 

“He will leave me after this.” Yoohee sobbed, clutched to her like a lifeline.

 

Eunjae quickly retorted, “Of course not! He just needs some time to clear his mind, Yoo. Everything must be so overwhelming for him.”

 

Her bestfriend did not answer her back but hearing her soft sob she knew that Yoohee still crying, she sighed and patted her back gently as if the girl would break if she put any pressure toward her. It was an hour later when Yoohee finally calmed down and Eunjae fed her, though she refused to eat for several times.

 

“What will you do after this?” Eunjae asked, passed her a glass of water after Yoohee finished her lunch.

 

She sighed, “Seunghun is still hiding. I need to catch him as soon as possible, before things start to getting out of control.”

 

“Are you crazy?” Eunjae hissed at her in annoyance.

 

Yoohee did not answer, leaning toward the headboard, she closed her eyes while caressing her now throbbing wound. Guess the painkiller that Eunjae had given to her earlier have not work its magic yet. Eunjae looked at her and sighed before threw herself to hugged the girl in front of him, “Oh, my stupid bestie.”

 

 

 

 

Woojin was looking through his iPad in between his lunch break when someone opened his office’s door with a loud thud, making him frown.

 

“Thought you said you’re taking a day off today.” he said looking at his visitor.

 

Chanyeol flopped himself to the grey sofa in front of Woojin’s desk while massaging his throbbing head, making the young doctor in front of him furrowing his eyebrows.

 

“Something happened.” He replied, his voice hoarse.

 

Woojin stared at the distracted guy in front of him. He was used to no emotions and cold Park Chanyeol, but lately his bestfriend had become more human with so much emotion that he displayed almost everyday, though only in front of him. He had seen smiling and happy Chanyeol every time he looked at his phone, he had also already seen the gentle Chanyeol every time he picked up the calls from his wife during the lunch break, and now he finally saw the distracted and frustrated Chanyeol and he already knew the reason behind it. Being in relationship with Eunjae for almost two years, he had already heard so much not only about the girl world but also the people inside it, including Lee Yoohee. He had already known the story of the Lee’s heiress even before she married his bestfriend, and he had been keeping everything from Chanyeol for the sake of his girlfriend. But, looking at the state where his bestfriend currently in, Woojin could not hide it any longer. Chanyeol was his bestfriend after all.

 

“How’s she doing? You are the one who treat her last night, so I guess she must be okay.”

 

Chanyeol looked at him, surprised, “You know about it too?”

 

“Eunjae told me about her, even long before you met her.” He said apologetically.

 

Chanyeol smiled sadly, his eyes wandered to the wall behind Woojin’s head, “Everyone are keeping things from me, I guess.”

 

“I am sorry.”

 

And there was a long silence, Chanyeol still looking at the wall with a blank gaze and Woojin threw his gaze out of his office’s window. Everything must be so overwhelming to him, Woojin thought.

 

He was the one who broke the silence, “Eunjae is currently looking after her, don’t worry.”

 

Chanyeol hummed in response, taking note to himself to thank the girl later when he meets her. Woojin was finally the one who fed up with the silence and awkwardness that filling the air, he got up from his seat and Chanyeol finally looking at him.

 

“I’m going to end my shift early today. It’s been a long time since our last night out, right?” he took a seat beside Chanyeol and slung his arm over his friend’s shoulder.

 

Chanyeol looked at him dumbfounded before finally nodded and they let a heartily laughs together.

 

 

 

 

 

Yoohee was laying on her good side, closing her eyes, when she heard someone fumbling through the front door and she immediately knew that her husband was home. She peeked at the clock and frowned when it showed that it was already in the middle of night, part of her was relieved with the fact that her husband chose to go home instead of spending the night outside the house. She actually had been worrying for a little while whether he would come home or not.

 

She heard Chanyeol entered their shared bedroom, sighed when he saw her sleeping back. He closed the door softly, afraid of waking her up. She felt him standing behind her for a few seconds before she felt his warm hand wrapped around her, careful of not touching her wound. Chanyeol buried his face inside her soft locks, inhaling her sweet vanilla scent that he loved so much and Yoohee swore she wanted to cry again. She could smell a faint of alcohol from him but she did not care, she missed him so bad and she was beyond happy with the fact that she got her loving husband back, safely enveloping her inside his arms.

 

“I’m sorry.” She heard him whispered, there were so much regret inside his voice as he kissed her temple.

 

Yoohee bit her lips, she was the one who should be sorry for keeping things from him, for making him worried, for experiencing something bad because of her, she was the one who should be apologizing instead of him. Yet, this sweet and gentle guy was asking an apology from her? She did not deserve him at all. Yoohee felt the tears filling her eyes, she reached his hand, intertwined it with hers.

 

She could hear a sharp breath from him before she said, “I am the one who should’ve said that. I am sorry.”

 

Chanyeol buried his face even deeper and she could feel his nose tickling her neck and his lips touching her bare shoulder. They are silent for a moment, appreciating each other and thanking the God that they were still able to holding each other even after what has happened this past two days. Yoohee was the one who broke the silence, she finally turned her body and lied flat on her back with Chanyeol hovering above her, his arm propping his head and another her cheek softly.

 

She stared at tired eyebags under his eyes, caressing his cheek with her thumb, “I am sorry for everything. I truly am.”

 

Leaning into her touch, Chanyeol frowned as he brushed the tears from her beautiful face. He smiled at her before kissing her forehead lovingly. He put his forehead against her, their nose touched, their eyes closed and they could feel each other breaths again their face.

 

“I love you, Lee Yoohee. I love you so much that my heart hurts.”

 

She could feel his tear dropped to her cheek and she finally let out the tears that she had been holding on, circled her arms around his head as she his hair.

 

She let out a sob, “I love you, too.”

 

Chanyeol smiled then captured her lips in a deep loving kiss. How could he get mad to her when she was the one who sacrificed herself only for the sake of him? How could he hate her when she was all the things that he needed in this entire world? How could he ignore her when she was the home that he had been dreaming of? They poured everything into the kiss, their feelings, their loves, their all. They tried to tell each other how much they loved each other, how much they meant for each other all these times.

 

It was a little later when they finally broke the kiss, their lips swollen and both of them were panting, trying to catch their breath. Chanyeol gazed at her flushed face and then he pecked her forehead, down to her eyes, to her nose, both of her red cheeks, before finally left one on her lips.

 

His gaze was warm and loving, “Promise me one thing.”

 

“What?” her voice hoarse, her heart was buzzing with excitement.

 

“Even if the world was ending, you will never leave me, right?” he asked, his gaze was on her.

 

She looked directly at his brown orbs, caressing his messy black hair then down to his cheek, brought his face closer to her and captured his soft plump lips once again,

 

“I promise.”

 

 

 

 

 

A man dressed in black was standing in front of the Han River. The cold wind blew his styled-up hair, but he did not seem to even bothered with the cold at all. It was a minutes later when a black van parked exactly in front of him. He looked at the car, squinted his eyes a little from the light that blinding him. Seconds later, another man followed by two men behind him, got out from the car, smoothed his coat a little as he approached him.

 

The man smirked when the first guy handed him something that looked like a mini USB to him.

 

“That is everything you need regarding the Park Co. Remember, you owe me half part of the company, Song Seunghun. We’ve had our agreement.”

 

Song Seunghun let out a winning laugh, patted his shoulder, “Of course. How could I forget.”

 

He then stared at him, his gaze shady, “Let’s get rid of your niece, Lee Donghee.”

 

 

===========================================================================================================================

:)