Chapter Two

Tomorrow With You

Yoohee sipped on her wine, looking at their parents who were busily chatting with another middle age woman and man sat across them. They looked so happy, especially her father with the other man. It was apparent that they were a very good friends with how they exchange laughs and gestures that best friend only did. Her mother apparently already very close with the wife, and Yoohee could hear they eagerly talked about the wedding concept and stuffs.

 

She put her glass down and her eyes drifted to the man who was sitting across her, looking classy while eating his tenderloin steak. His name is Park Chanyeol, she learned. He is handsome, very much if Yoohee could add. Tall figure and handsome face, she swore there will be many women who willing to do extra miles just to be with him. Completely unfazed with anything, he sat there and focusing only with his steak.

Just like her, he was also the only son of Park Hyungsik and Kim Dambi, the owner of Park Co, one of the biggest companies in Korea just like her family’s. But, different from her who choose to continue her parent legacy, he took another route of being a surgeon.

 

She also learned that he was one of the top surgeons in South Korea. The most interesting part was, despite all the offering from great hospitals, he chose to be a doctor in a small hospital in Daegu.

 

Wait what, Daegu?

 

“I need to go to the bathroom, Mom. Excuse me.” Yoohee excused herself and she swore she could feel Park Chanyeol’s eyes on her for the first time since an hour of sitting in silence.

 

“Okay, sweetheart.” Her mom smiled and she fled away to the bathroom.

 

Yoohee let out her breath as she scanned her appearance in the bathroom mirror, took out her Dior lipstick from her purse and touched her lips up before smiling at the mirror. She would say it was the most awkward time out of every time in her life, even compare to the time when she late to the first class back in the college. It was more awkward because she was meeting her soon to be husband. Is marriage supposed to be like this? But, she could not careless. She already got herself in, though. She looked at her reflection once again before went out from the bathroom.

 

There he was, leaning across the bathroom entrance, her soon to be husband, Park Chanyeol. Looking at her as if he was waiting her all this time, his hands on his pockets and Yoohee should admit now that he was totally dashing with that suit on him.

 

“Yoohee, right?” he said, she learned that he has a mesmerizing low deep voice.

 

Yoohee smiled, “And I could call you Chanyeol, then?”

 

Chanyeol smiled a little, he could not lie that his soon to be wife is very beautiful. With the long floral white dress which hug her petite figure perfectly and her long dark brown hair that framed her beautiful face, he could say that the girl before him what men asked for as their ideal girl. It was amazed him back then when she was completely unfazed with the sight of him. That is new, he thought. He was so used with girls throwing themselves around him and the fact that this Lee Yoohee girl did not was beyond his expectation. At the first time Chanyeol thought his soon to be bride would be all squeals and spoiled because he was informed that she was the heir from the biggest Asian companies, Lee Corp. But, when he met her, he could not help but shocked, Lee Yoohee was so calm and mature, despite the fact that she was three years younger than him.

 

And for a while he could breathe in relief.

 

“Our parents were so chatty back there, how about we spend more time in the coffee shop?” Chanyeol offered, since they would tie the knot in the next two weeks, it was better to know her a little bit of her from now. Also, because he is the older one and of course the man, so he should initiate it first.

 

“Sure.” Yoohee smiled, she was very relieved that Chanyeol initiated this, they would live for the rest of their lives together after all.

 

 

Yoohee mouthed thank you to the older guy as he passed her the vanilla latte that she loved the most. Sipping through the hot latte, she gradually found herself more relaxed.

 

“So, Lee Yoohee seems like we will stuck together for the rest of our lives, huh?” Chanyeol started.

 

Yoohee laughed, “Yeah.”

 

Chanyeol laughed along her before he asked, “Why would you agree?”

 

Yoohee sipped her coffee once more before looking at him in the eyes, “No specific reasons, to be honest. My parents want the best for me, someone who will be there for me anytime. They always support me for all my life and I just want to pay them back.”

 

“Even if it is mean to sacrifice your happiness?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Since we are being honest right now, I will make it clear to you. Love was never on my plan. I do not care about relationship since I was young. What I care is the Lee Corp that I had inside my palms. So, got married with you do not change or get me anything. I am sorry if we start our marriage like this.” Yoohee said, her voice was clear as she wanted to deliver the message to the guy in front of her.

 

Chanyeol smiled, he got himself a right partner for live then. It was actually the same with him, he could not care less about this arranged marriage thing as love was never on his mind since forever. He was so determined to be the best surgeon and helping people that he never once feeling anything for any women. That was why they called him as a cold heartless guy. And he was beyond happy that this girl before him also feeling the same thing as him, means that he would not need to pretend to love her or stuffs later on. He thanked God for this and deep down in his heart he was amused with Lee Yoohee.

 

“We are on the same boat, then.” Chanyeol could swore he saw the brightest smile on Lee Yoohee’s face since the first time we met few hours ago.

 

“I am relieved. Marrying you probably not a bad choice after all.” Yoohee said.

 

 

 

Yoohee flopped her body to her comfortable bed, taking note to herself that she should washed up in ten minutes. Her mind travelled back to the time when she and Chanyeol met a moment ago, she must admit that she was beyond relieved. The fact that Chanyeol has the same thought regarding the whole marriage things was making her relieved, at least she would not need to pretend about her feelings for him. She could not care less about the future life of them, she would be married eventually now or later, so get married now would not be any different. She was not even thinking about love, though. What is that actually? She knew love by watching her parents love each other, but for her, she never even once thinks about that.

 

After a quick catch up with Park Chanyeol this afternoon, she learned that this guy was actually a warm guy despite the cold appearance that he always showed to the world. He was also had a good manner and smart, she smiled at the thought. Before they got back to their parents, they have agreed that they would minding their own business while probably still fulfilled their duty as husband and wife. Yoohee chuckled, an arranged marriage did not that bad after all. Well, probably it was because she just found herself a guy who has the same mindset as her, right? She got up from her sleeping position and went to bathroom when her phone was ringing. She laughed as she picked up the call.

 

“Spill, Lee Yoohee!” Eunjae voice echoed on her eardrums.

 

“Chill, Cha Eunjae. Well, everything is fine. He is handsome, though.”

 

“Yoohee! What is his name?”

 

That made Yoohee remember about something, Chanyeol said that he was a surgeon in one of hospital in Daegu. What was it name, oh Doldam Hospital. Her eyes rounded at the realization, Cha Eunjae also worked at that hospital, oh my god why she just remembered now?

 

“Eunjae, do you know Park Chanyeol?” Yoohee softly breathed.

 

Eunjae on the other hand was confused, “Yes, the great Park Chanyeol. He is my senior here. Why?”

 

She could not hear anything on the other line, but when she wanted to call her bestfriend’s name the sudden realization hit her hard that she was shouting, “YOU WILL MARRY HIM?”

 

“Oh my God, Lee Yoohee. , you do not know what kind of guy he is! He was even worse than Seo Woojin for God’s sake! You know how cold and heartless he is, huh? Yes, he is handsome and all brain but don’t you know how cold he could be? OH MY GOD! I cannot let my bestfriend spend the rest of her life with someone like him! LEE YOOHEE, DO YOU HEAR ME?”

 

Yoohee laughed as she placed her phone away from her ears, she surely missed her bestfriend but times like this Yoohee could help but thanked the universe that they were away.

 

“Eun, you know it is the same with me, right? Anyway, he was actually a warm person when he was with me previously? All smiles and laughs, you know.”

 

Eunjae wanted to counter her but then sighed, “Does he know your secret life?”

 

Yoohee got silent, that secret life of her. The one that cost Lee Corp title as the biggest companies in Asia, the one that only few people know. After meeting Chanyeol’s family, Yoohee learned why her parents set her up with the only son of Park Co. Grew up as the only heiress of the business, Yoohee learned since the young age all the dark side of this wealth that surrounding her family and why the titled was given to their company. Lee Corp was known as the biggest company not only on properties but also casinos. They have the biggest casinos in all over Asia. When her father entrusted half of the company to her, she was also entrusted to handle some big casinos in Macau and Busan. This also opened her door to mafias life. As she then realized that Lee Corp was also the biggest mafia gang in Asia, means that Yoohee also involved with it.

 

Apparently, Park Co wants to merger with Lee Corp after their marriage, that was because they have no heir to continue the legacy since Park Chanyeol selflessly chose to be a doctor. They need Lee Corp to back them up, not to mention with the security of that mafia title. Park Co then entrusted under her wing, since she would be their daughter in law. This was something that Chanyeol never know, something that also his parents kept from him. Something that Yoohee would also not tell him because it was solely her own business, not him.

 

“No. We do not tell him about this. You know, he will not care about this afterall.”

 

Eunjae sighed, “Then why they set you up together at the first place?”

 

Yoohee smiled sadly, “It was to paid us back, Eun. They married their doctor son to me so he could at least take care of me when, you know… the worst things happened.”

 

“I will meet you at your wedding then. Yoo, you know I love you, right?” Eunjae took a sharp breath.

 

“I know, bestfriend.”

 

 

===========================================================================================================================

 

I posted the first two chapters to begin the journey with this story.

 

Don't forget to subscribe and please do leave your thoughts below :)

 

Have a good day!