Chapter Eleven

Tomorrow With You

Donghee put Yoohee inside the car, with her head placed on his thigh, he pressed the wound in her stomach as hard as he could, hoping to stop it from bleeding. He already heard her plead but thought that it seems illogical and ridiculous, she was probably in the critical condition now but she wanted him to take her home?

 

“Uncle…” Lee Donghee heard her weak voice, she held onto his hand.

 

He sighed, “Are you crazy? You are bleeding, Lee Yoohee. We need to go the nearby hospital.”

 

She shook her head in disagreement, and Yoohee could clearly see the horror look across his uncle’s face but she could not care less. All she wanted now is going home to his husband.

 

“I can endure it. Just please take me home.”

 

Her uncle ignored her request and she continued, “Chanyeol knows what to do, Uncle. Please.”

 

Donghee sighed, massaging his temple for a while before looking at her in utter helplessness. She smiled at him assuring him that she would be okay until then. Then she heard her uncle voice instructed something to their driver, “Go to Daegu as soon as possible.”

 

“Yes, Sir.”

 

And she smiled at him thankfully before closing her eyes.

 

 

The house feels empty, Chanyeol thought. He sighed, stood at the front door when he heard nothing in return when he said his usual greeting out of habit. Changed his shoes to the house slipper, he strode from the main bedroom. Frowning even deeper when he felt the house was annoyingly quiet. He took some clothes from the wardrobe and thinking of taking a bath in hope to kill his bad mood. He looked at his reflection on the bathroom mirror and sighed, it was only a day without his wife and he should endure this God only knows until when. After a good time of washing himself up, he skipped his dinner and directly went to his workspace, killing the time with some cases that he needed to studied more for his upcoming surgeries.

 

Hours passing by with him indulging in his work papers. It was two in the morning when he finally concluded the notes that he had been taking. Massaging his aching shoulder, he stretched his stiffed limbs, scrolling through his phone and sighed when he saw there was no notifications that came from his wife.

 

“Is she that busy?” He wondered, worry latched onto his heart.

 

Sighing once again while looking at the clock, he gathered all his papers and tucked them into his bag. Switched the lamp off and closing the door, he suddenly heard loud bangs coming from the front door. He frowned when the knocks getting harder, switched on his home intercom, he was surprised when he saw Lee Donghee’s face on the intercom. It was two at dawn and what did Yoohee’s uncle doing in front of his house at this hour?

 

“Donghee Uncle?” he asked clearly confused.

 

“Chanyeol, you’re up? Thanks God. Can you please open the door?” he sounded desperate.

 

Chanyeol nodded before reaching the door and opened it for him. But, what came next was something that he never expected. There was Lee Donghee with two guys dressed in black suit behind him, one of them carried his wife inside his arms. And another thing what shocked him the most was the fact that Yoohee was in her unconscious state, her clothes covered in blood. Instinctively, he swept her limp body into his arms, carrying her into the nearest sofa that he could find and laying her onto it.

 

“What happened to her?” He was shouting as he saw her pale and bloody face.

 

“Please, just help her first.” He heard her uncle’s voice as he stared down into her, too shocked to even move.

 

As if someone pressed his button, he immediately scanned her wounds, and when he saw the bleeding hole on her stomach, Chanyeol could feel a painful knot inside his heart. Before he could not do anything, he saw her eyes fluttered open and he swore he could feel the tears b on his eyes.

 

“Hi, baby.” She whispered weakly before she went to round of coughing fit.

 

His eyes widened in horror when he saw blood dripping from the corner of her lips as she groaned in pain, clutching onto her side. Without any words, he ran to his workspace, opened the cupboard and took one of his medical kits from the cupboard.

 

“I am going to sedate you, okay. Just please, please baby, do not die on me.” He said when he reached her again.

 

Chanyeol put his gloves on, took the syringe and slowly injected it to one of her arms. He saw her apologetic eyes as she reached his worried face with his bloody hand, it lightly before she nodded and closed her eyes. He could saw her uncle and those two men still stood up behind him and Chanyeol felt his entire body shaking in utter shock and anger, he wanted to shout so bad, but his wife right here was his main priority.

 

He took a deep breath before ripping out her clothes, revealing the wound. He examined it carefully, and sighed in relief when he saw that the wound was not that bad. It did look like a knife wound, but how could her wife get this at the first place? He lightly shook his head before taking some alcohol to cleaned up the wound, thankfully it seems like the knife did not get that deep, so what she needed was only a few stiches to covered it.

He skillfully stitched the wound, his senses finally got back to him, he knew his wife would be okay from now. When he had done, he carefully cut the thread and put a bandage to cover the stitches.

 

Chanyeol carried her into their bedroom, put her carefully onto the mattress before he went to his workspace and brought back a bag of infusion which he then injected it to Yoohee’s arms. He then changed her clothes carefully and cleaned the blood from her body. Looking at her pale face, he felt the sudden pain in his heart, her sleeping face softly he sighed when the earlier scene flashed back into his mind. Chanyeol kissed her forehead softly before went out to the living room where her uncle still waited for him.

 

“Yoohee was right. You are so calm at handling the situation earlier.” Donghee’s said to him.

 

All of sudden he felt his anger burning inside him as he tackled down the guy who previously carried her. The man was not resisted him as he could saw the anger glinted in Chanyeol’s wide eyes. Chanyeol felt someone patted his shoulder gently and pried him off the innocent man.

 

“Chanyeol, calm down. It’s not his fault.” Donghee’s softly said.

 

Chanyeol sighed, closed his eyes tightly as he sat down. He held his head inside his hand, trying to calm himself down. He felt her uncle took a seat beside her as Lee Donghee’s placed his hand on his shoulder.

 

“What happened, Uncle?” he said looking at him, “Explain to me, please”

 

The older man smiled sadly, “I cannot tell you everything. Ask her to explain it by herself.”

 

Chanyeol sighed, “Do you know that her wound is caused by a knife?”

 

“Yes, she was stabbed. We are coming here from Busan as soon as we could, thankfully it’s not too late.”

 

Chanyeol widened his eyes, “Busan? Are you crazy? Why you did not bring her to the nearest hospital?”

 

“Your wife insisted us to bring her to you,” Donghee stood up, prepared himself to leave,

 

“She loves you, Park Chanyeol. I’m going now.”

 

He patted Chanyeol’s shoulder gently before signaling the men to follow him. He said his goodbye and Chanyeol only nodded in reply, looking at how the men had their way out of the house shortly after that. He sighed, looking at the blood stain on the sofa, he brought a cloth that was already dipped in the water to cleaned up the stain off from the white leather sofa. Gathered all the dirty cottons that he had used to treat her wound, he also put his previous medical kit back into the cupboard. He chuckled a little, remembered how Woojin to open his own clinic inside his house because he stacked all medical kits in his workspace, guess that it was finally useful.

 

Chanyeol went back to the main bedroom, where he saw Yoohee sleeping peacefully, her arms latched with the infusion and a liquid drug that he previously set for her. He took her vanity chair and sit beside her, taking her hand and kissing it softly. He brushed a strand of hair from her face as he put his head close to her, inhaling her signature natural scent that he loved the most.

 

“What are you hiding from me, Lee Yoohee?”

 

 

 

 

The sun had already risen when Yoohee awakened from her sleep. She could feel her entire body was enveloped in incredible sore and her shoulder was aching. She could smell a strong scent of toast and coffee filling her nostrils, looking around the place she was finally realized that she was home. She slowly got up only to felt the jot of pain from her left stomach struck her entire body, making her let out a painful groan.

 

“You should not move around yet.” She heard the voice that she had been missing for this couple of days and in a second there was Chanyeol helping her to sat up from her sleeping position, set her up leaning to the headboard. She stared at him, suddenly forgot about the pain, who was gently examined the wound oh her left belly. He sighed in relief when he saw no blood seems to seeped out from the bandage because of her sudden movement. Chanyeol turned his gaze to her blank face, quiet for a while before smiling and ruffled her hair affectionately.

 

“I cooked some chicken porridge for you, wait here.” He said before he left her again and went back to the kitchen.

 

She looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall, it was already ten in the morning and Chanyeol had not left to work yet. She furrowed her eyebrows, a sudden guilt filled her. A moment later, there was her husband entering the bedroom with a set of breakfast table in his hand. Placed the table carefully on top of her, she stared at him as he blew down a spoon of porridge before fed it to her. She obediently opened , savoring the soft porridge in and she was surprised at how good was it.

 

“I’m also a good cook, right?” he chuckled when he saw her widened eyes.

 

Yoohee nodded as she opened again for another bites. He laughed, the sense of proudness was visible in his face and Yoohee could not help but to rolled her eyes. Thankfully, she ate her breakfast so well and Chanyeol could not get any happier than this. That means his wife was recovering well despite the wound and bruises on her body.

 

“You’re not going to ask me anything?” She finally spoke, placing her glass down onto the table.

 

Chanyeol sighed, cleaned the corner of her lips with his thumb, “I want to. Hell, how can I be this calm after experiencing horrendous night where my wife was brought to me with a stab wound?”

 

“I want to know so bad, but on top of that you need to eat, you need to recover your energy first.” He continued, fixed his gaze directly into her, “Now, tell me. Explain to me about everything.”

 

Yoohee sighed, despite his coldness that he always presented to everyone except her, despite the fact that he was the country’s best surgeon, he was actually so kind, so gentle, so loving and she loved all those sides of him. She could saw the worry that latched in his eyes and she could not imagine how he handle everything last night, if it was her, she was sure she would already lose her mind right at the moment. Yoohee took his hand and intertwined them with hers, his thumb brushed her hand softly, encouraging her to talk.

 

“I am sorry, you must be shocked. I was the one who asked Uncle to bring me home.”

 

Chanyeol nodded, “I was. And I still am. I thought I am going to lose my mind last night.”

 

“There was something that I hid from you all these times,” she breathed, her gaze down and Chanyeol waited patiently for her to explain everything to him.

 

“Our marriage, actually there is another reason that we, my family including me and your family, had been hiding from you all these times.”

 

He looked at her confused, yet he tightened his held. She sighed before continue the story, her gaze finally met his confused look bravely,

 

“You know our fathers have been a bestfriend since a long time ago, right?”

 

He nodded, “Yes, that is why they set us into this marriage, because they wanted to tied one another for dear life.”

 

“Yes, but as I said before, there was another reason behind this. Your father needs someone to inherit the company since you would not continue his legacy. He told my father about this, and they agreed to marry me off with you. After the marriage, they merge our company, I believe you already know about this.”

 

She saw him nodded, but there was an unreadable expression planted in his face.

 

“In this world, well, in my world, there is a common thing that we do to keep everything under control.” She tried to choose easy words to explained it to him, “To keep everything right in the place. In order to maintain that, some of big companies like us, chose to allied ourselves with mafia or simply become ones.”

 

Chanyeol widened his eyes, “But, my father…”

 

She cut him off, “Not your father. My father and I.”

 

Chanyeol could feel a shiver ran down his spine as his jaw dropped, how could he believe that this woman in front of him, his gentle and sweet wife was involving in mafia things for all these times?

 

“You may not know about this but it is already well known in the world that Lee Corp, is also one of the biggest mafia gangs in Asia, led by my father and I.” she gulped, checking his reaction once in a while, “My father divides the company into two, and I am responsible for not only half of the company but also half of his mafia legacy. He sets this up so I can prepare myself slowly before taking all the entire company after he retires later.”

 

She continued, “Your father company, Park Co, is the cleanest out of all big companies out there. People are even wondering how could the company still survives in this cruel business world without even involving into the dark world, they don’t know the secret that my father has been backing your father business all these times. The fact that there is no one to inherit the company, there are so many people who try so hard to take it from your father, even with dirty ways.”

 

“That is why they put Park Co under my wings, so I could help your father about everything after our marriage. It will be smoother this way since Park Co is my father in law company. The night before our wedding, my father, your father and I actually met to talked about this, we agreed that as long as your father still on his place, all I will provide is only the safety. I won’t involve myself at anything.”

 

He looked at her in disbelief, “Please just continue it.”

 

“My father gave so much to your family and then father in law felt he owed to him big times but he cannot give anything in return except his only son who is one of the best doctors in our country, so that you can at least treat me when something happened to me, just like this.”

 

She felt his hand loosen around her and she desperately kept his hand on her. He looked at her in disbelief, there was still an unreadable expression but she could saw a glimpse of anger flashed through.

 

She sighed apologetically, “That is the reason why I asked you to only mind our own business, because I don’t want you to know the ugly truth. But then we are falling toward each other, and I cannot keep it from you any longer because you are my husband. I don’t want to keep any secret from you anymore. I am sorry.”

 

He let out his grasp from her, his gaze was now roaming anywhere but her. He was quiet for a while before suddenly stood up from his seat. She held his hand but Chanyeol quickly let his hand go, a pang of pain piercing through her heart in return. He was always the gentle one, the sweet and loving husband toward her but for the first time, she finally saw his cold gaze and he was surely giving it to her.

 

“I need to clear my head for a while.” Chanyeol said, searching for his car key.

 

“Chanyeol…” she pleaded, her voice sounds so weak and the tears were already b in her eyes.

 

His voice was icy cold, “I am sorry.”

 

And then he was gone. Leaving her crying inside their cold empty house, alone.

 

 

===========================================================================================================================

 

How are you guys?

A little angst for our favorite couple :")