Chapter Four

Tomorrow With You

Chanyeol woke up only to find that he was sleeping by himself. He could hear the rumbling sounds coming from the kitchen and the smell of a cooked beef feeling his nostrils. He let out a yawn before went out from their shared bedroom and found Yoohee busy making a breakfast. This realization dawn him, that he really is a married man and he should get used to all of this quickly.

 

“Good morning.” Yoohee’s sweet voice woke him up from his thought.

 

He took a seat on the coffee bar, pouring himself the already brew coffee, looking at the woman in front of him who busily cooked some beef bacons. Sipped into his coffee, he made a mental note that this woman is indeed good at cooking because he loved his coffee so bad this morning.

 

“Open your mouth.” He obediently did and Yoohee fed him a slice of bacon.

 

“Is it good for you?” Yoohee said and Chanyeol nodded.

 

Yes, he definitely could get used to this.

 

 

Later at lunch, Yoohee found herself meeting her bestfriend in one of the famous café in the town. After sent a short message to her husband informing her location, Yoohee watched as Eunjae entered the café.

 

“Sorry babe, I’m late. The surgery took longer than I intended.”

 

Yoohee smiled knowingly, asked the waitress to take Eunjae’s order. After a moment of placing her order, Eunjae shifted attention to her bestfriend who was busily typing at her phone.

 

“Chanyeol sunbae?”

 

Yoohee placed her phone inside her bag, “Yes. He said he will pick me up later.”

 

Eunjae smiled looking at her radiating bestfriend, judging from how good communication between her and her senior they must be have a good relationship between each other. Eunjae sipped on her coffee,

 

“How is the married life?”

 

“Good, we both are trying to this relationship. We are taking everything slowly, if you want to ask. At least, we acknowledge each other.” Yoohee answered.

 

She continued, “You know we are far from being in love right now. But at least looking on how Chanyeol cared for me was enough.”

 

Eunjae smiled, understand what her bestfriend wanted to convey here. She knew Yoohee better than anyone else, this girl in front of her, although she was very beautiful and smart but her heart was closed since a long time ago, especially after the hurt that that guy ever brought to her. Since then, Yoohee was never once batted eyes for men although there were thousands who would die to have her heart. Looking at how she cared and even unknowingly opened up to Park Chanyeol was amazing, and Eunjae secretly prayed that maybe this one was good for both her bestfriend and her senior.

 

Actually, the fact that Chanyeol willingly offered to pick her bestfriend up was also amusing Eunjae. As she know since her college life, Park Chanyeol was the least guy when it came to woman. That guy was incredibly genius in medical field, very talented as he had paved his own way to the best surgeon in Korea. He always had this cold demeanor and do not give a thing wrapped around him, but looking at how Yoohee seems to adore him could also be one of the sign that she and Woojin always think of after their wedding back then.

 

“By the way, I will go to Busan tomorrow.” Yoohee informed her and Eunjae gaped.

 

“What is happening?”

Yoohee looked around before leaning to her bestfriend, “Park Co is under my care right now, but you know, there was the reason why they marry their son to me.”

 

Eunjae looked at her confused, “I remember you said it was some kind of payment?”

 

“Exactly. Apparently, there was this mafia gang who targeting them since they do not have any heir to protect my father in law throne. That is why my father decided to help them out, gave them under my supervision but only for their safety.”

 

Eunjae gaped at her, “Yoo, oh my god. So, this is all only for business?”

 

Yoohee sipped her latte before nodding, “Partially true, but I guess Chanyeol is genuinely cared for me, Eun. And his family is now mine, so let me play the good daughter in law game by protected them all.”

 

Eunjae felt as if she wanted to bawl her eyes out right at the moment, Yoohee and her mafias life were not anything new for her. Hell, she was there to take care Yoohee every time she got hurt, although it worried her more but the fact that her bestfriend was undirectly sacrificed for the sake of the business hurt her to the bone, her one and only bestfriend.

 

Yoohee spent the rest of the day comforting Eunjae, assured her that she would be okay since her husband was one of the best doctors in South Korea and so did her bestfriend. When Eunjae had calm down, they talked about their day and Eunjae who continue about being a good wife. It was until at 7 pm that Yoohee saw her husband and her bestfriend’s boyfriend came to fetched them up. Chanyeol looked dashing and completely unfazed to the looked that women gave to him when he entered. Yoohee could now see how cold he was but one thing for sure his gaze never left her.

 

“Good evening, Sunbaenim.” Eunjae greeted when Chanyeol took his seat beside his wife.

 

Chanyeol smiled, “I think we could drop all the formalities outside the hospital, Eunjae. You are my wife’s bestfriend after all.”

 

And surely it made Eunjae gaped at him. She was shocked to see this side of Park Chanyeol, guess she finally knew what Yoohee means with the warm Chanyeol. She even looked at her boyfriend besides her who silently laughing at her, yes she had seen how comfortable Chanyeol but only when with Woojin not with other person just like her. That night, they decided to had a dinner there together and Eunjae was nearly had a heart attack when she saw Chanyeol laughed and all smiles with her bestfriend.

 

 

 

 

“What are you thinking of?” Woojin’s voice woke her up from her thought.

 

“I was shocked. Park Chanyeol?”

 

Woojin laughed, “I also am. You see how gentle and comfortable he was around Lee Yoohee?”

 

Eunjae nodded eagerly, Woojin could not help but to ruffled his girlfriend hair.

 

“It is amazing how Yoohee had her way to him. All these times, I swear I could finally saw something as near as love in Chanyeol’s eyes.”

 

 

 

 

“I need to go to Busan tomorrow.” Yoohee announced.

 

They were in bed, Yoohee laying while facing him who busily scan through some medical papers for tomorrow surgeries. Chanyeol’s brow furrowed, ditching his paperwork he shifted his attention toward the girl who laying beside him. He knew that Yoohee is a successful businesswoman, and that she had great responsibilities in her palms, but he did not like the thought of her leaving him for few days although it was all for business trips. He looked at the girl intently, searching for any explanation.

 

“You know, I will often have business trips like this. So, I am telling you in advance that I will probably gone for several days and probably sometimes very sudden that I cannot inform you beforehand like this.”

 

Chanyeol wanted to say something but then he kept it for himself. He sighed, after all they already promised each other to only mind their own business regarding this aspect and he would do it because Yoohee proved that she kept this promise all these times, not even minding when Chanyeol were late.

 

So, he answered, “Okay.”

 

 

 

The next morning, Chanyeol was a little frantic when he woke up and found herself laying by himself in the bed. He tripped a little before he had his way toward the kitchen and suddenly feeling relieved when he saw Yoohee arranged the table for the breakfast.

 

“I thought you already left.” Chanyeol took a seat at the table and sipped the coffee that Yoohee already brew for him. Oh, how about tomorrow’s coffee when his wife is not there?

 

Yoohee chuckled before taking a seat across him, “I will, after I send you to work.”

 

Chanyeol looked at her, she was already had her make up on her face and already wore the business attire, made them looked like the real heir of Lee Corp. There was something strong and fierce that were radiating from her, Chanyeol noticed. He saw the baggage that was already placed near the doorway.

 

“Why?” Yoohee asked, caught him off guard.

 

Chanyeol shook his head and put a spoon of the kimchi fried rice inside his mouth, savoring the delicious flavor that melted into his mouth. After marriage, Chanyeol found himself healthier than ever because of his wife homecooked meal and that unconsciously made a habit out of him to only eat at home. A good habit that every wife died for, having their husband ate their homecooked meal they said. He wanted to ask so bad about everything related her business trips, when will her come back, where will she stayed, how long it takes, and with whom she went there, he wanted so bad to ask it but then again, he swallowed it all for the sake of the promises that they have made.

 

“I already made some meals, I put them all at the refrigerator, okay? You can heat it if you want to eat as long as I am away.” Yoohee said to him and he surely did not want her to go.

 

“Okay.” That was all what came out from his lips and deep down he regretted it.

 

 

After sending her husband to work, Yoohee did all the dishes and do one final checked before leaving the house. Her wingman, none other than her own uncle, Lee Donghee was waiting outside the house with the black SUV that ready to took her to Busan. She looked one last time at her and her husband house before driving off to another city. She has been very happy these past weeks with Chanyeol that she forgot she had this task that she needs to do. Earlier that morning, she did not know why but she did not want to leave Chanyeol alone. She wanted to tell him everything but they have already promised to each other that they would mind their own business regarding this aspect and lowkey sad when Chanyeol really did not asked her about everything at all. She sighed, that was natural of course, they were not in love with each other after all.

 

“What is it, Uncle?” Yoohee finally focusing herself back to the business.

 

“It is the Song mafia gang that actually wanted to take over the company. We need to head to Busan because we have one of our man deserting us by providing some information related our business to them. I heard from Kangjoo that some of Song men already filled our Busan casinos.”

 

Yoohee growled, she was actually never used to her people throwing their back to her although it was a very common thing in this world of her. One thing for sure, she made a mental note that she should be less injured this time, for the sake of Chanyeol.

 

 

===========================================================================================================================

 

Have a good day everyone!