Chapter Nine

Tomorrow With You

Without them even realizing, it was already three weeks since the last time they had their decent first date together. Since then, they already had many sweet dates together, usually after Chanyeol got off from his shift. Three weeks that little she did notice, went on without any updates or sudden call regarding Song Seunghun existence from his uncle or any of her people. Three weeks that she took it for granted, enjoying all the time that she had with her husband without worrying about anything.

 

She was in the kitchen, preparing for the dinner when she heard someone stumbling through the front door. Smiling when she realized that her loving husband already came home. She noticed, Chanyeol always came home earlier than usual lately, that was also the reason why they could have so many sweet and exciting dates almost everyday.

 

“Baby, I’m home.” She heard him.

 

“I am at the kitchen.” Yoohee replied, half shouting so that her husband could hear her voice.

 

She turned off the stove when she felt Chanyeol’s arms wrapped around her petite waist, he buried his face into her shoulder as she felt him inhaling her scent deeply.

 

“How is your day?” Yoohee chuckled, his arms softly and the hug tightened.

 

Yoohee furrowed her eyebrows when he got nothing from Chanyeol, and as he tightened his hold around her, she knew something is wrong with her husband. She wanted to turn her body to him but Chanyeol held her in place, shook his head as he sighed, his breath tickling her neck.

 

“Please, just stay like this for a while.” His voice hoarse.

 

“What happened? Tell me. I want to know.” She softly answered, playing with his long fingers.

 

Chanyeol silent for a moment before sighed, “I have a bad day.”

 

Yoohee stay silent allowed him to continued, “So, today a man came to the hospital through the emergency unit. He was holding his wife in his arms, bleeding. In short, his wife was a victim of a random violence. She was stabbed multiple times in her stomach.”

 

Yoohee hummed, informing him to continue his story.

 

“He begged me to save her, he was crying so hard and held onto me for dear life. But, the irony is, his wife was already passed away even before he reached the hospital.”

 

Yoohee let out a shaky breath, intertwined her hand with him, hope it could at least help him to ease his troubled mind.

 

“Looking at him, holding her lifeless body in front of me. Crying. I am scared, Yoo. So scared that my heart hurts so bad.”

 

She felt him shaking, his arms tightened around hers and she could not help but felt a little tug inside her heart. She used to see the gentle and loving Chanyeol, the strong and manly Chanyeol. She already seen many different sides of him but this one. The scared and sad Chanyeol. And she did not like it at all. She wanted to give the world only to made him smile and happy. So, she turned her body to him with Chanyeol unwillingly let his hold off of her, staring at his sad eyes she could sense the fear enveloped it.

 

Chanyeol brought his hand to her cheek, it gently, “Please, do not ever leave me.”

 

And for a moment, Yoohee stunned. She could not promise him anything, she knew it so well. Thinking about it, her heart suddenly felt so heavy, but the man in front of him gave him a reason to keep alive, to keep fighting for his happiness, to protected something that was so dear for her. Yet, she placed her hand on top of him, it gently with her thumb before brought it to her lips, “I won’t.”

And she knew, perhaps, she would be the one who broke the promise.

 

 

 

The next afternoon, Yoohee found herself doing some hpuse chores, rearranging their belongings, bought some vases of flowers and put them around the house. Looking at their house, she was finally satisfied because the house finally felt like home with some of her touch.

 

“Finally, the vibe is not dull anymore.” Yoohee smiled.

 

She brushed some dust from her clothes when her phone suddenly rang. Looking at the caller ID the smile automatically lit up her beautiful voice.

 

“What are you doing?” her husband deep voice was heard on the other line.

 

Yoohee tossed herself onto the white sofa, “Leaving some of my touch inside our home. You will see, this house finally has some cheerful vibe rather than that dull greyish vibe you’ve been maintaining all this time.”

 

He chuckled and Yoohee suddenly felt a longing inside her. Suddenly frowned with the thought of how cringe it must be.

 

“Any reason why you call me at this hour, Dr. Park?”

 

“None specifically. I just suddenly missed my wife.” Chanyeol played along, making her blush at the answer.

 

Chanyeol continued, “And, I just bought a bottle of wine with Woojin. I just want to ask, could we have steak for our dinner tonight?”

 

“Okay, but are we celebrating something?” Yoohee asked, walking toward the refrigerator to checked about their supplies.

 

“No, I just kind of want to have a romantic dinner with you today at home.”

 

Home. She smiled at the word. She did not know since when but she always felt warm bubbling inside her everytime Chanyeol mentioning home or with the thought of it.

 

She smiled, after seeing everything cleared, “Okay.”

 

He hung up the phone after that and Yoohee smiled happily while preparing all the ingredients that she needed. Looking at the clock and convinced herself to cooked it right at the moment because it would surely take a while and Chanyeol would be home in a couple of hours. Humming her favorite Frank Sinatra song, she was engrossed to her steak mission.

 

It was when she put some pepper to the raw meats, her phone suddenly rang again. Let out a happy sigh, she picked up the call without even looking who the caller is, thinking that it must be her husband again.

 

“What again, ba—”

 

Her sentence was immediately cut when she heard her uncle voice on the other line.

 

“Yoo, we found him. We need to go there tomorrow morning.”

 

She frowned, after almost a month living in peace with her husband, it was finally come at the end of the day. When she thought that she loved every bit of her new life with her husband, the fate turned out to have another story created for her. It was a calm before the storm, after all.

 

But if she thought again, this whole marriage concept was because of business. And she knew she needed to protect not only her husband but also his family. Thinking about Chanyeol’s face that was flashing through her mind, she could not help but sighed. She needed to save Chanyeol and her in law.

 

“Okay, Uncle. Pick me up after I send Chanyeol off to work, okay?”

 

Her uncle stayed silent for a moment, “Okay, kiddo.”

 

 

 

 

“You know, Woojin have a taste of my lunch today and he swore he would marry you if you are still single.” Chanyeol said, munching on his tenderloin steak.

 

Yoohee chuckled, “Eunjae is also a good cook, you know.”

 

He stopped chewing and threw her a look, making her mouthed a “What?” toward him.

 

“Please, do not kidding me.” And she laughed so hard. Yoohee always knew that her bestfriend was bad at cooking. It seems like she did not even have any talent regarding cooking.

 

Yoohee’s laughter slowly disappeared, smiling when she saw her husband eating deliciously in front of her. She needed to tell about her tomorrow departure to him right now.

 

Chanyeol looked at her who was staring at him, “I got something on my face?”

 

“No, umm… Chanyeol…”

 

“Hm?”

 

Yoohee sighed, “I think I need to start another business trip tomorrow.”

 

She could saw how Chanyeol’s face changed from a happy face into a sad and curious face. Chanyeol found himself suddenly felt disappointed. He knew these past few weeks have been so lovely that he forgot that his wife also had responsibilities on her hand. For the first time, he wanted to know about her, he wanted to know about these business trips she had been going to, he wanted to know everything about her world. He was almost blurted the questions, but restrained himself from going a moment later. He would not pester Yoohee, he would patiently wait for her to opened up to him by herself. Even if it would be a long time, he surely could wait.

 

He only wanted to know one thing, “Where to?”

 

Yoohee smiled, “Busan.”

 

No, he wanted to know not only that one, “How long?”

 

He stared at her, hoping that she would give him the answer. He wanted to at least know for how long he needed to wait her because everytime she went to her trips, he never asked and he always regretted it.

 

Yoohee reached for his hand on the table, “I will go home as soon as possible, okay?”

 

Chanyeol sighed, “Okay.”

 

This time, please do not be hurt, he thought as he her hand gently.

 

 

 

 

“Chanyeol.” Yoohee whispered.

 

The clock showed that it was indeed dead at night. They were sleeping inside each other arms, with Yoohee’s back against Chanyeol’s chest as he was spooning her, his hands inside her pajama shirt touching her warm bare skin.

 

He hummed, shifting a little so he could nuzzle deeper into her auburn hair, taking her vanilla scent out from her hair.

 

“What if, one day I am suddenly gone?”

 

Chanyeol keep his silenced, then Yoohee hummed, asking about his answer.

 

“I thought you’ve promised to stay with me.” His voice hoarse, thick with sleep.

 

Yoohee let out a silent breath, “I mean, what if?”

 

“What kind of stupid question is that? Of course, I will definitely find you.” He mumbled

 

She heard a soft snore behind her, indicating that her husband was already sleeping. She smiled sadly, holding one of his hand that was securely wrapped around her middle and intertwined their hands together.

 

“If one day I leave you, baby,” Yoohee breathed, “Please, send me off with a smile.”

 

 

===========================================================================================================================

 

It is finally happening.