Epilogue: Part II [Kids.]

The Rise of the Mages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Saturday and we were all ready to head over to the production site. It was Kyungsoo’s very special day and Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Bacon, and I arrived there early. We were lounging in front, watching the stage get ready as Kyungsoo, Lucas, and Johnny were in a meeting. It didn’t take long until we heard a greeting and turned to see Kai, Chen, and Bora. Kai had been exploring through Earth and his show ratings did well. It did even better with Chen around and the two were known as the iconic exploration duo.

“Hey there,” Kai greeted, ruffling Bacon’s hair endearingly. It was funny how Bacon loved everyone except Baekhyun but we knew it would change soon due to the upcoming plans of the whole family going to go to Boy’s Scouts. I hugged the familiar faces of my friends when I saw more people arrive—Wooseung waved and he was with Suho and Arielle. Seungwoo was on the phone trailing behind them, handling business.

“Seniors, it’s almost starting,” Yangyang said. He was one of the producers along with his NCT members and he told us to go on the bleachers. Luhan then texted into the group chat that he was with Kris and Lay and they were reaching. Pocketing my phone, we all walked up to sit—the stage lights whirring around.

I leaned against Sehun, not knowing what to expect. Was “The Battle of the Keeper’s” something like X-factor? Or was it like jeopardy? I saw Johnny roll up his sleeves and clear his throat, staring at the cue cards. He didn’t seem nervous and I guessed that was a really good thing. Johnny had a knack of MC-ing while Kyungsoo stood in the background.

“Okay, we have to explain how the show works first. This is the first recording and we want everyone to get the gist of it. There will be one Master and the final Keeper that the Master chooses will be the ultimate Keeper.” Johnny said and Kyungsoo clapped his hands behind him.

“So, it’s like the Bachelor, but with Keepers,” I said to Sehun who frowned.

“What’s a Bachelor?”

“Nevermind,” I quickly said and I saw Johnny head to the side. Kyungsoo went to the middle to finally make his opening speech and I heard him clear his throat.

“Hello. My name Puff Kyungsoo,” he mumbled. For someone so aggressive all the time, Kyungsoo seemed very camera shy. “Today we will have small test for Keepers. We start show now. One, two three… go!”

A bunch of Keepers then appeared and formed a line on stage. They all looked very fit to be Keepers, Johnny clearing his throat in the microphone.

“Your Master has a Christmas party to go to. You have five minutes to choose an outfit,” Johnny read from the cards. “What kind of outfit are you going to choose?”

And a ruckus it was, all the other Keepers running around and crashing towards each other as they all tried to grab the right suits. I found my toes curling and rooting for a particular Keeper, Sehun telling me which was his favorite one. It didn’t take long for them to finally choose their outfits, Kyungsoo going to inspect what they have chosen.

Kyungsoo was scary when he could be and I could see some of them trembling as Kyungsoo slowly looked through their clothes.

“Green? Red?” Kyungsoo barked. “Party have Christmas Tree. Master no need to be another Christmas Tree… ELIMI…NATED!” Kyungsoo yelled, and the sound of the buzzer sounded, the Keeper bursting in tears and walking away.

“You… Why choose this? Master going party! Master not going to funeral!” Kyungsoo growled. “ELIMI….NATED!”

Another buzzer sounded and I closed my eyes. I could not watch this. This was too much. I felt so bad for the Keepers, Kyungsoo finally stopping in front of a man.

“Nice. You Kyungsoo favorite,” Kyungsoo told him when I heard the producers stop Kyungsoo. “What? He Kyungsoo favorite.”

“You can’t have favorites, Senior!” Hendery said, Kyungsoo placing his hands on his hips.

“Why? Who said?”

“Watch Kyungsoo attack the producers now,” Sehun told me and I laughed. “He should just stick to the Academy.”

"It's not even been an episode--"

“YOU THE ULTIMATE KEEPER!” I heard Kyungsoo holler to his favorite Keeper.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was settled in bed with Sehun, his hand my with the TV on. An ad of “Keeping up with the Dreamweaver’s” came up as it introduced the characters. Much to my amusement, it started off with—

Drama! A face of a crying Jisung.

Action! Nana with a slipper running after the two youngest kids.

Someone… save the doctor! Jeno’s face standing in the midst of chaos as he tilted his head in confusion as to why Renjun was throwing his pencils like darts.

And here is a snippet of what will happen next week!

What happens when Chenle, the second youngest has found a passion in cultural studies? 

"This is HANBOK!" Chenle yelled, showing up in a hanbok. "And I have put everyone in a HANBOK!" 

“Nana!” Jisung wailed, the camera’s panning to the him as he entered the room. His face was filled with paint and he was sobbing, Jaemin looking up in surprise.

“What happened?!”

“I AM ABSTRACT ART!” Jisung yelled and it stopped right then—Sehun putting off the TV before gathering me in his arms to rock me to sleep as he usually did every night. I closed my eyes when he suddenly asked me.

“How many kids do you want?” he asked and I looked up to him, frowning. I never actually talked about it before but I knew Sehun wanted a house full of kids. He had mentioned before that growing up as an only child was pretty sad for him even if he had Kyungsoo around all the time.

“I really don’t want to give birth multiple times,” I told him honestly and he laughed. “I mean… if you want four kids then shouldn’t we have twins like… two times?”

“Is that even physically possible?” he asked me and I pointed out that we had the Zodiacs on our side. He shook his head, telling me he wanted at least a few years difference with his children. “How about the names?”

“Sehun, I’m not even pregnant yet and you want to talk about the names? How excited are you?” I asked. I grew up with two brothers and Sehun was ecstatic when I agreed to have children—almost dragging me down to the basement to take out my powers. “Go to sleep.”

Sehun hummed, kissing me on the cheek as his chest rose and dropped calmly but his question had made my mind reel. If he really wanted kids, it was about time we did plan.

So, I closed my eyes and prayed to the gods.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today was the day all the war heroes would come together to celebrate and it has been a full year since the war had ended. The Royal Castle was filled with joyous yells of people cheering as music blared through the venue while visitors’ dances and sang. Chen and Kai came back and we were greeted by a very bloated Bora who quickly told us that she may be pregnant. She didn’t know yet but she will soon know when her doctor appointment would come the next morning. Kai kept telling us his plans that he would want to settle on Earth.

“Why Earth?” Sehun had asked Kai who told him that he enjoyed the feeling of traveling around but if Bora was really pregnant then maybe it was time to settle down for a while.

“But our child might just be normal and not a mage. Until then, I want to bring him up with Gaians so there is no prejudice against non-mages,” Kai told us, refilling his whiskey. “How about you, Chen?”

“I met someone,” Chen said simply, crossing his arms. “She’s Eurenic, though I have to see how it goes. Unless it’s serious, I won’t introduce her to you guys. You might scare her off.”

“Why would we do such a thing?” Chanyeol asked, Kyungsoo piping up.

“She hurt you, she die.”

“Exactly that,” Chen pointed out, Kyungsoo blinking at his friend. “How’re trying to make babies going?” He turned to ask me, Kyungsoo’s jaw-dropping down to the floor before he choked on his egg tart.

“You guys boom boom shakalaka?” he squeaked, covering his ears. “Kyungsoo no listen!”

Sehun ignored Kyungsoo and shrugged. “We’re taking it slow. She just took out her powers two months ago so her body might be changing.”

I filled my glass with wine, sipping it softly as more people began to show up. Luhan arrived and he looked exhausted, Kai telling him right up that he looked worse than when he fought in the war.

“I feel like I’m fighting a war every day,” Luhan said, dropping down and sitting down across from Chanyeol. “Kids are so hard to handle.”

“I can offer you a spot in the Order,” Sehun told him but Luhan shook his head. “Why? Is it a love-hate relationship with your job?”

“Yes. Seems like yesterday we were just like them. Remember when we used to take quizzes and Kyungsoo’s illiterate would still pass?” Luhan asked, Kyungsoo glaring at him. “Also, the mess of our duels.”

“Are we now going down memory lane?” I asked, smiling. “Talk about the time Kai and Wooseung kissed each other in the duel and you knocked out after one smack.”

“How embarrassing,” Luhan mused, bringing the alcohol to his lips. “Kris—”

“I was embarrassed.” A voice butted in and I saw Kris walk towards us. He had been working in the Order and was doing such a great job with Jeno, Sehun hardly had anything to do. But Kris was always an over worker and it was common knowledge that he enjoyed being a workaholic. “Where’s Baekhyun?”

“With Bacon,” Chanyeol replied. “They’ve become close. We went to boy’s scouts and Baekhyun shined at night so Bacon was pretty impressed his two daddies could emit light.”

Kris chuckled, taking a seat but not before he greeted me with a pat on the head. “Lay and Suho are coming. I really need to find a way to contact Suho even when he’s underwater. It’s so hard to have to swim to him every time we have to i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter