Epilogue: Part I [Kids?]

The Rise of the Mages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Spin off, so you don't have to read this. But if you do, do enjoy it!

It has been a year and Sehun has been going to work every day. But today was the day I would go to Chittaphon University with Sehun. Jeno was given the opportunity to take his doctorate and masters a year ago. It was a fast-track one and Lee Jeno was the top of his class, passing the master’s exam in Eve and finally on the road to getting his Doctorate, a year later. Sehun had sponsored Jeno’s education, treating Jeno like a younger brother.

Today was the day Jeno would graduate and officially have “Dr. Jeno.” on his ID card and Jaemin was ecstatic that he was finally married to a “doctor”. I went down to the breakfast room to see Sehun, Jeno, Jaemin, and Baekhyun eating breakfast. I sat beside Sehun, kissing his cheek as I saw Jeno stare at a piece of paper. Since he was at the top of his class, he would be making a speech and he seemed nervous.

“You’ll do great, Jeno,” I told him and he cracked a small smile. It didn’t take long before Jaemin went up to wake up the kids and it was time we had to portal to Chittaphon Universities. I heard a ring from my phone and I looked at the message from the 4U app, just to see that it was Kyungsoo.

“Turtle, Kyungsoo making flower for Jeno. What flower he want? Sunflower????” he asked with sunflowers as an emoticon. I chuckled, telling him that Jeno would love any flower and I stepped through the portal, finally being teleported to Chittaphon Universities.

I saw Luhan wave at us. Luhan was actively helping Ten with University matters and Chittaphon University was now a place where all Evian, Eurenic, Gaians, and Exodes came to study. From afar, I saw Suga and Key deep in conversation.

I remember being shocked when I found out that Suga and Key were half brothers, but they got along well. Suga and Key being businessmen, both worked at Oh Shun’s old factory and some days they would come to Chittaphon University to teach business lectures.

“It’s here,” Sehun told me and I walked into the venue. People were clapping for those who were graduating and I saw Jeno prepare to go on stage. Jaemin was holding up his camera proudly as the kids began to scamper to hold up a banner that said “Congratulations, Dr. Jeno!”.

“Chenle, stop blocking the banner with your big head!” Jaemin was saying to his son, Chenle ducking down. “Jeno! Handsome boy, look here and smile. Everybody! THAT’S MY HUSBAND!”

I saw Jeno smile awkwardly, his face turning red with embarrassment. 

“Hello, my name is Lee Jeno and I am the Valedictorian of the Psychology Doctorate Program,” Jeno began, adjusting his suit as Jisung, Chenle, and Renjun shook the big banner to cheer for their father figure. “I would like to thank my Senior Sehun for sponsoring my education, I will continue to work hard for the Order as a negotiator. I would like to thank…” His eyes fell on Jaemin and the kids. “Thank my family. Na Jaemin, my paired partner who would stay up with me for countless nights as I studied and worked at the same time. Jisung, Chenle, Renjun who would always remind me that I could do it. I love you, guys. Thank you again.”

“We love you, Jeno!” Jaemin cheered, as he cupped his mouth. “Kids, go and stand in front of the stage. It’s time for pictures! Oi! Give me your flowers! My husband needs it—He’s a doctor!”

[Dreamweavers with Haechan, congratulating Jeno on his Doctorate]

[My dad is a doctor!]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next day was filled with Jaemin fussing over Jeno’s new title. I woke up one day to walk into the living room to see Baekhyun and Jaemin talking to each other over tea. This was beginning to become a daily routine. Jaemin, staying in the Royal Castle because of Jeno’s job, has always been a lively part of the household. As I sat down to ask them what has been going on, Baekhyun complaining about Byun Youngho—Or Bacon. His son, as we all know.

[Bacon]

“He really hates me,” Baekhyun told me and I told him that it wasn’t true. “He really does.”

“Kids are always like that, Senior Baekhyun,” Jaemin replied, shrugging. “They never appreciate your care.”

“Ugh. Tell me about it,” Baekhyun answered and my phone began to ring. Squinting at the caller, I saw that it was Haechan. Haechan? I knew he was back in Exodus because he was taking a break from the circus and Rumpelstiltskin had found a new liking in Xiumin’s orphanage but, why was he calling me? I answered the phone, bringing it up to my ears.

“Senior Harin… Where are you?” Haechan asked.

“In the Castle. What’s wrong?”

“The Castle? Aren’t you supposed to be in the courthouse—OUCH! Stop it, Bacon! Bacon!” Haechan yelled and my eyes widened. “Well, I’m here in the courthouse with—Ouch! Stop biting me!”

And the phone hung up. I looked at Baekhyun who was chilling on his phone.

“Uh… Baekhyun? Where is Bacon?” I asked and Baekhyun looked up at me.

“He’s probably somewhere drawing,” Baekhyun replied. “He plays around. Why is the courthouse calling me?”

I and Jaemin watched as Baekhyun answered the courthouse’s call, putting it on speaker. It was Tzuyu’s voice, the wife of Eunwoo. She moved from working in the Royal Archives to the Courthouse and she greeted him kindly.

“Yes, Tzuyu,” Baekhyun replied. He knew of Tzuyu and met her a few times. “Is there something wrong?”

“Senior Baekhyun,” she mumbled. “Uh.. Bacon is here—”

“WHAT?” Baekhyun asked, jumping up. “What is he doing there? Who is he with?”

“He’s with his Uncle Haechan. He tried to get emancipated… only from you though, Senior. Not from Senior Chanyeol. He brought all his records, adoptive papers and all and tried to get his Uncle Haechan to sign as a witness,” Tzuyu spoke. “I called because I am the one who’s processing the papers.”

“Bacon tried to get emancipated?” Jaemin asked, making a face. “Wow, that kid is smart—” He kept quiet as Baekhyun glared at him.

“I’ll be right there,” Baekhyun replied, hanging up and pressing Haechan’s number on his phone. “Haechan?”

“Senior! Ouch—Bacon. BACON!” Haechan was yelling and I heard Bacon crying in the background. “Sorry, Senior. He said he needed my help and that his Auntie Harin asked me to bring him here and that she’ll meet him here. I didn’t know that he wanted to get emancipated. I mean—Bacon!!”

[Uncle Haechan, the cool Uncle]

“Well, keep him there, I’ll come and get him in a bit,” Baekhyun said, closing the phone, irritated. “God, I can’t believe he tried to get emancipated from me. I’m bringing that kid to boy’s scouts. I have to call Chanyeol and tell him what happened.”

“It does work,” Jaemin added. “Renjun’s anger management problems were better after he came back. Jisung never tried to drug us anymore.”

Jisung was in Chittaphon University, a freshman in Broadcasting and Journalism while Chenle had gotten in Cultural Studies. Chenle was doing well in his class and Jisung… uses his ability to dream to make forecasts. Renjun was in art and he hardly gave Jaemin any trouble, all his art supplies sponsored by Sehun. I thought it would be a peaceful day when my phone rang again and when I looked at the caller—It was Chittaphon University and I wondered why they would call me at this time.

Maybe it was another guest speaker event and they needed me.

Answering my phone, I heard the voice of a female.

“Hello, is this “Queen Auntie Harin”?” The voice asked and I said yes. “You were put down as the guardian of a child—Park Jisung?”

“Jisung?” I accidentally said out loud and Jaemin looked at me at the name of his kid. “I mean, I miss Jisung so much.” I played it off and Jaemin broke into a smile.

“Of course. Jisung, my cute boy,” he cooed and I stood up to move away to talk to the woman on the phone.

“Yes, this is Ong Harin. Is Jisung okay?”

“Yes, he put you and Haechan Lee as his official guardians. Park Jisung has gotten into a brawl today in school and we are obligated to call the guardians under such circumstances,” the woman said and I sighed. What did Jisung get himself into? “We need to conduct a parent meeting with Jisung’s guardians and the other kid’s guardian so can you and Mr. Haechan Lee come over to Chittaphon University?”

“Ah.. Yes. Yes. I’ll be right there,” I mumbled, hanging up the phone and quickly texting Haechan. Haechan texted me back that I should just meet him in Chittaphon University with Baekhyun and he’ll bring Bacon along. As I returned to my seat and was about to tell Jaemin that I would be going on some private business, Jaemin stood up abruptly.

“What? What?” I asked, Jaemin’s eyes on his phone screen.

“Senior. I think Jeno is cheating on me,” he said, showing me his screen.

“Jaemin—” I began. “Wait, you put a location tracker on Jeno?”

“He told me he had work today but he’s at the University! I knew it! It is that damn receptionist! Now that Jeno is a doctor, everyone has their eyes on him.” Jaemin rambled, grabbing his small bag. “Jeno is very handsome. But he’s my handsome boy! It’s time to catch him—I knew this day would come!”

“Not everyone wants Jeno, Nana,” I told Jaemin but he was already boiling.

“You don’t understand—you’re married to the king!”

“Uh… Anyway-- I have to go to Chittaphon University too. For different reasons,” I added and Jaemin nodded. Baekhyun was back from his phone call and I told him that Haechan would meet us in Chittaphon University with Bacon. He agreed and all three of us went on our way towards the University.

As we portal-ed to the University, I texted Haechan asking him where I had to go and he sent me the location of the nurse’s office.

“Nana, I’m heading this way,” I told Jaemin who had his eyes on his phone.

“I’m going this way too. Lee Jeno! That guy is dead meat!” he huffed and I headed towards the infirmary. Weirdly enough, Jaemin was close behind me, and right when I stopped, I was in front of the infirmary and I saw Bacon on Haechan’s shoulders. He began growling at Baekhyun, Baekhyun growling back.

“Come back here, you naughty kid!” Baekhyun said, Haechan dropping Bacon onto the ground. Bacon tried to run away but Baekhyun grabbed him by the ear. “Now, you need to be disciplined!”

“I want Daddy Chanyeol!” Bacon yelled out, wailing. Baekhyun dragged him to the side and just when I thought it was over, I turned to see Jaemin shocked that Jisung was in the university infirmary.

“PARK JISUNG! Why are you battered and bruised?!” Jaemin asked. “And why did I not hear about this?!”

“Queen Auntie Harin, why did you bring Nana?” Jisung asked, his nose bleeding. He had a scrape on his cheek and Jaemin began to grow angry. “Ow, Nana! It hurts!”

Haechan stood beside me, and I bet he was as confused as I was as to why we were put as guardians on Jisung’s list

“Tell me who it is that did this to you! Tell me, I’ll go and teach them a lesson!” Jaemin was saying and Jisung hiccuped.

Then slowly but surely, he pointed to the drawn curtain. Jaemin fumed, dragging the curtain away with force when my jaw dropped at the kid with who Jisung had a fight.

“CHENLE?!” Jaemin gasped. Chenle sat there, as battered as Jisung with Jeno beside him. “Why were you fighting with your brother?!”

“HE CALLED ME BUCKET HEAD! And then he put a bucket on my head!” Chenle yelled, pointing at Jisung. Jeno looked embarrassed, as he stood beside Chenle. No wonder Jaemin thought Jeno was cheating. Jeno was probably listed as Chenle’s guardian and got the call.

“Wait—Why was I not called?” Jaemin asked, realizing the situation.

“I thought when they said guardian, they meant to list the two richest people. So, I put Auntie Harin and Haechan,” Jisung mumbled. “Chenle, you idiot! Why did you call Jeno!”

“Did you expect me to put Nana as my guardian?” Chenle replied about to fight Jisung again when Nana’s glared at his two kids.

“QUIET!” Jaemin seethed when Jeno pressed his hand against Chenle’s bruise. He seemed to have come from work, still dressed in a suit. He must have gotten the call and went straight to the university. Haechan and I stepped backward, watching everything unfold.

“Nana, let me handle it,” Jeno said, a hand going to Jaemin’s shoulder before turning to Jisung. “Jisung, that’s not nice to do. Apologize to your brother.”

“But he was the one who laughed when I called a “USB” a “UBB”!” Jisung whined.

“But you shouldn’t have called Chenle a bucket head. You know it’s wrong. Apologize to your brother, now,” Jeno said and Jisung slammed his fist on the bed. Damn, this kid was spoiled. How hard was it to apologize?

“No! You can’t tell me what to do! You’re not my father!” Jisung rebelled and Jaemin’s eyes widened at Jisung’s statement.

This time, it hit differently. Jaemin looked stricken at Jisung’s statement but Jeno seemed weirdly calm and the atmosphere changed.

Jeno’s usual soft demeanor was gone and Haechan edged closer to me.

“Now this is different,” he whispered.

“Why? Is he scary when he’s mad?”

“He’s cold. Like ice,” Haechan replied, shuddering. “I can already feel it.”

And like Haechan said, Jeno’s anger was different from Jaemin’s. If Jaemin was hot, Jeno was freezing and I watched as Jeno’s facial expression change. Chenle froze and refused to move when Jeno spoke to Jisung.

“Do not come home tonight. I work to give you a place to stay,” he began. “Don’t go to school too.”

“B-But…” Jisung stuttered.

“Your tuition fee may be sponsored by your Uncle Sehun but I work to make sure you get a good education. Do you think you’re Chenle? Do you have a grandfather who just gave you his inheritance, Jisung?” Jeno’s voice was surprisingly low and Jisung looked scared, his pout beginning to form.

“Take off your clothes. That uniform is bought with my money,” Jeno stressed and Jisung looked like he was about to cry. “Do not show your face around me, Park Jisung. You are not my son. Chenle, come on. Let’s go.”

Even Jaemin stood down at angry Jeno. I watched Jeno grab Chenle by the hand, the door slamming shut behind him when Jisung suddenly burst into tears.

“Oh no! Jeno hates me!” And with that, he began to cry.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a rough day for the Dreamweaver’s and Jeno had gone home with Chenle. Jaemin was trying to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter