Season 2 end! (Tribute to Doyoung+Taeyong)

The Rise of the Mages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a story break. Just for me to know how to divide the story into parts.

comment anyway even tho its a short snippet

I'm crying. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It’s kind of amazing how you found me, through all the noise somehow.

“I’m not going to that school!” Taeyong yelled to his parents, a tantrum threatening to explode. He was angry. A misunderstood child. He lifted his fist and he punched the wall, his parents telling him that there was no way he would find his way in the world if he didn’t listen to him.

His parents were noblemen, a family of judges and doctors but Taeyong never fit into their status quo. He wanted to be a dancer. A performer. He loved dancing, the nimble movements of the ballerina’s in Soul Theatre and he had made up his mind that he was never going to go the political or educational route.

“Take him away.” He heard his parents say and Taeyong thrashed, throwing whatever he could get a hold on as both his brothers Keeper’s dragged into on the carriage with much difficulty.

That day was the day Taeyong felt abandoned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doyoung, a young boy in his childhood was sitting by his mother who was busily waving a sign. Her eyes glistened with pain as she tried to attract customers. Exodus was going through inflation; the taxes had increased under the change of regulations and Doyoung who was just a child didn’t understand.

He also didn’t understand where his father went.  

He wondered why his mother cried so much, but the pain was not to be shared and he gripped the only book he had as he swatted away a few flies away. He knew devastation when he saw it but he knew better than to ask. The book was his escape and the 13-year-old kept his eyes on the book on his lap when came a cloaked man.

A customer that he had seen venture through the market often but never questioned.

“Give me everything you have,” the old man said, lowering his hood. His eyes twinkled and his beard was white. He must be old, Doyoung thought as he flickered his eyes down onto his book when the man spoke. “You must like reading, young child.”

Doyoung watched him warily. Strangers were kind sometimes, but there was always a reason to doubt them. He nodded when the man paid his mother and leaned forward, stretching palm out.

“I’m Sensei Nakamoto,” he introduced himself. “I would like to offer you a place in the School of Scholars.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doyoung arrived at the school and was almost immediately introduced to Yuta, the male smiling and telling him that he was so happy to finally have a friend. Yuta had the brightest smile and Doyoung found himself awkwardly trying to answer his enthusiastic questions.

“That’s Taeyong,” Yuta had told him, jerking his head to a guy with sharp features. “He just arrived a week ago but he’s slowly climbing the social ladder. He’s already very popular.”

Doyoung didn’t care about that, turning to watch as Taeyong stood amongst males and females. They crowded around him and he had a smirk that made him look like the most conceited guy he had ever seen. Doyoung knew what he had to do and he wanted to focus on it.

That afternoon, Taeyong had stolen Doyoung’s gym clothes and he had never felt so embarrassed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyong was failing and if he failed another class, his parents would send him to another boarding school. He hated class, but he liked his friends. He liked the power he had over the new kid, Doyoung. Doyoung was one of the smartest in class, but those who were smart were often being made fun of. Taeyong wanted to see him squirm.

Doyoung was everything he was not.

“Steal the exam paper in the office tonight,” he said, his eyes trained on Doyoung who looked up at him. “If you don’t, I’m making your life a living hell.”

Doyoung knew that this threat was not to be taken lightly and if he wanted to pass his education without people bothering him, he had to do what he was told. But Doyoung also knew that Taeyong was walking on eggshells with his rapidly failing grades.

“You come with me,” he told Taeyong, standing up and leaving.

Taeyong didn’t say anything and that night he and Doyoung were creeping through the office in the dark as they shifted through papers. Doyoung strained his eyes in the dark and before he knew it, the alarm rang and both of them ducked behind the teacher’s desk.

“. !” Taeyong cursed and rounded up to Doyoung, growling. “If we get caught, you’re dead meat.”

Doyoung grabbed Taeyong, not knowing where to hide when the door burst open. Both of them stood in the middle of the room and Doyoung closed his eyes. He wondered why no one said anything and he mentally prepared himself to get expelled when a flashlight shone through them and a voice spoke.

“No one is here. False alarm,” one of the teachers said and turned and left.

When Doyoung opened his eyes, he saw Taeyong looking down on his body.

Their bodies were gone.

When Doyoung released Taeyong, both of them solidified.

That night Doyoung told Taeyong that it was their secret.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyong didn’t talk to Doyoung for the longest time. The sneers were typical but Doyoung was used to it. He and Yuta were eating together when Yuta broke the news to him.

“I’m going to SM,” Yuta told Doyoung who blinked at him, chewing.

“The School of Mages? Because of your special ability?” Doyoung asked, his mind reeling to the night he turned both him and Taeyong invisible. No. Things didn’t come for free.

“Yeah,” Yuta said, smiling at him. “And if you’re worried about Taeyong bullying you… Don’t worry. I heard that if his grades fall under a 2.5 GPA, he’ll be expelled and he’ll have to go to another school so you’re safe.”

Doyoung hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter