09 Flashback

Cupid's First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while reading my piece of work - Baekhyun - Candy

You were grasping on the small bottle in your palm. The pill that will make him forget about you forever. You were unsure of this especially after hearing the deity told you about Jaehyun's future. He wouldn't be able to find his true love. That was a sad reality. Jaehyun was a nice person to begin with. He might be a badass but he wasn't that bad after all.

You rested your head on the car's door. You didn't talk to Baekhyun on the way back home. One was because you were disappointed and the second was you felt that Baekhyun knew something, something about Jaehyun and himself that you didn't knew before. It seemed like even after so many years of friendship, you didn't know about him fully as a cupid. He must've been hiding something from you.

 

"Are you going to continue not talking to me?" Baekhyun asked when he saw you drinking water in the kitchen. You stood near the counter and you saw him approaching you slowly from his room. He was wearing a simple white t with grey coloured sweatpants. His hair was dripping wet and a towel draped around his head. You bit your lower lip. How do usually human deal with kiss from a friend? It was a forceful one so you had the right to be angry towards him, right?

You were just staring at him when he came closer. You took a step back, being cautious with Baekhyun's presence. Somehow you were really afraid of him.

"I said I'm sorry and I really am" he stood infront of you now and you looked up at him. He was towering you, gazing down at you with his lips pouted. You nodded and tried walking away from him. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you back that your back was pressing the counter now.

"I am sorry" he said one more time, he leaned forward and tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear. Baekhyun was studying your face now. His hand was brought up to caress your face but you moved away from him. You simply nodded and sauntered towards your room.

You locked the door behind you, heart started to thump crazily in your chest. Why do you feel like this? It was a mixture of feeling scared and he made your heart flutter just by being close to you. You were more aware and cautious of his presence now. Maybe it was because of the kiss. All this while you treated him just like a friend and nothing more. Did he actually hinted you that he liked you? That was why he stayed with you for 8 years? No, Baekhyun was just being nice. Maybe he was frustrated because of Jaehyun that he kissed you but he himself wouldn't kiss you right? 

Perhaps you should stop thinking, you didn't want the ruin the friendship that both of you treasured. A cupid is a cupid. He would've broken the rule by now if he really liked you.

 

 

You woke up much more earlier today because you didn't want to bump into Baekhyun early in the morning and being all awkward. You even took a bus to school. You believed it was also going to be awkward with Jaehyun. He kissed you. Just the thought itself made your cheeks burned. You also brought the pill with you just in case if you wanted to give him.

To be honest, when you received the pill, you were not sure whether you should give it to Jaehyun. And the fact that you knew he will never meet his true love broke your heart. 

You sauntered your way to the class but stopped abruptly when you saw Jaehyun talking and laughing casually with his friends. He also looked handsome today, his hair was brushed back and parted slightly on the side that his bangs to fell handsomely on his forehead. He looked like a CEO of some company. You were caught staring at him when he turned his head towards the door. You avoided his gaze and walked your way to your place. It was hard to put on the poker face. At this point, you weren't sure if he remembered the kiss because Baekhyun erased himself in Jaehyun's memory. You were not sure if that memory of him kissing you would be stored in his memory.

As you heard footsteps nearer to your place, you kept calm only to find that it was actually Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo sat next to you and you were slightly disappointed. Wait, did he really forget about the kiss? 

Thoughts clouded your mind and you found yourself stealing glances of Jaehyun but he was just staring at you from the back during lesson. Perhaps it was just a wish of yours if you were ever a human but it will never be fulfilled because you are a cupid. Deep in you, you didn't want him to forget about it.

It was during recess time when you were still on your place, quite out of everything. You sat at your place, alone. Your hands were rested on the table, your eyes were blank, looking at the front. Is this how a human feel when their partner actually acted as if nothing happened after he or she kissed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter