18 Unrequited love

Cupid's First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while reading my piece of work - Heize - Can you see my heart

Seol was flustered. 2 letters? The news was delivered straight to Seol early in the morning. She was only expecting Yoonoh's one. She barged into her father's room, saw her mother and father were really happy that someone was proposing to their daughter. 

Seol bowed to them, she wanted to know who exactly proposed to her. 

"Seol, chukahae" her mother congratulated and sipped her tea elegantly. 

"Appa, may I know who proposed to me?" 

"Come, sit here, Seol" her father gestured Seol to join them. They explained that they received from the Prince and the Education Minister's son. She was happy when she heard this but it seemed like her parents were supporting the Prince more. Her father was delighted. Once this family was connected to the noble, automatically her father didn't need to be worried about his position in the palace anymore. That was the same for her mother. In the end, she cannot reject the Prince and accept what her parents decided for her. 

She was frustrated. She didn't even know who the Prince was and why he was interested in her. The only way to break the marriage was to talk to the Prince herself. But who in the world would reject the Prince?

She was on the way back to her room when someone at the entrance of her residence announced the arrival of the Prince, visiting Han's. Seol was nervous and ran towards the entrance along with her followers. 

She was scared to be honest, her hands were trembling. Someone that big visiting Han's. She kept her head low. Her father went to greet the prince immediately. After exchanging greetings, he walked towards Seol, she hung her head low, afraid of the Prince. 

"You don't have to be formal with me" he stated that she lifted her head up slightly, recognised him immediately. 

"Oh" she gasped when he saw him. She straightened up herself. She had seen him before.

 

 

Fidgeting in her seat, her hands were still trembling. Her servants were rude to him last time and she even showed her silly side to him. She was scared to be honest. Both were in Seol's room now. Baekhyun felt weird. When he dressed normal, this girl was herself but when he dressed as a Prince, this girl was submissive. He didn't like this. 

"How are you?" Baekhyun asked that Seol nodded. 

"I'm fine." she tried to use formal language to reply. "Last time, I didn't know you are a Prince so my servant made a mistake. I will apologize on behalf of her and also the other day, I apologize for what I-" 

"It's okay" he replied that Seol looked at him straight in the eye. Usually, well what she heard about Prince was that he's cocky, confident, snobbish and arrogant but she was wrong. He was somehow calm and gentle. 

"I came not to listen to you apologizing to me" 

"I am sorry" she replied meekly and forced a smile. 

"I came to tell you that I delivered a letter to your residence this morning. I want to marry you" he said this by himself to her. He didn't even send a middleman to relay this message. She looked at him in the eye. The Prince was sincere. She could read him. 

"Why?" she blurted out. She didn't know why the Prince wanted to marry her at the first place. Both of them didn't even know each other. 

"I want to learn more about you, that's why I want to marry you" he stated as if it was a simple statement. She was speechless and baffled. She didn't know how to reply. But why her out of all girls? She wanted to tell him the truth that she wanted to accept Yoonoh's marriage proposal instead but she was not dare to. The prince might not accept the fact she was going to reject him. 

"Actually-"

"I like you..." with Baekhyun's sudden confession, Seol's eyes turned wide. She didn't expect this. According to her memory, they met for only two times. Right now, she didn't know how to reply at all. She avoided the Prince's gaze, felt more nervous. A prince likes her? She just couldn't believe this.

"Actually, I received two marriage proposal letters this morning. I think I need some time to think about it" Seol replied politely so that she wouldn't hurt his feelings the slightest but he smirked instead. Who in the world would want to fight with him for a girl? That guy would definitely lose. But Baekhyun studied her expression a little longer. It seemed like she liked that guy more. He was curious about him now.

"Who?" he asked

"Hmm- Do I have to tell you?" she lifted up her head slowly, realizing his eyes bored into her and then she gazed downwards, eyes not meeting him. He didn't sound happy with what Seol said. It was a personal matter to Seol but she felt like she should tell him now.

"Education Minister's son"

She saw him poking his tongue to the inside of his cheek. He looked annoyed and displeased. He knew Yoonoh. Yoonoh was his enemy in school they both attended when they were young. Since both aced in studies and when sometimes Yoonoh surpassed him, he was jealous of his achivements. Even the King looked Yoonoh highly and praised him more than to his own son. And now, they were fighting over the same girl they both liked.

After some small awkward talks with the Prince, he decided to leave. All followers and servants of the residence were in line, bowed, keeping their heads low when he left. However, the moment he reached the entrance, he bumped into Yoonoh. Yoonoh threw him a look but still he respected the Prince. The Prince glared at him and turned back slightly to look at Seol for the last time before he left. Seol was more happy in welcoming Yoonoh. She was smiling from ear to ear when Yoonoh approached her.

 

 

The mariage proposals were on pending for a few days. Seol's parents and relatives all supported the marriage with the Prince. No one was on Yoonoh's side except Seol herself. One day, she decided to talk about it with the prince himself. She boldly entered the palace early in the morning when no one suspected Seol leaving the residence. However, she was stopped by the guard at the entrance of the palace.

Upon hearing from the guard that a girl came. He was convinced that Seol was the one who came, perhaps to accept his proposal. Baekhyun was more than delighted to welcome her. He lectured the guard that from now on, if this lady comes, the guar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter