11 Pity

Cupid's First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A song to heal your soul while reading my piece of work - f(x) - Beautiful Stranger

"What else should I do to make you fall for me? Why is it taking so long for you to fall for me? You still don't like me right?" he propped his chin on the back of his hand that was resting on the dining table. His lips turned pouty.

You gave him a warm smile, not giving him the reaction he'd expected. He was just watching you eat after that.

"I accidentally burned my hand when I was cooking earlier" he told you to see your reaction. He held up his hand, showing you his index finger. What is he up to right now?

"Is it painful?" you asked, scanning his expression. He pouted and nodded. How come a human can be as cute as a puppy?

"I took care of you for two days. Can you do something to repay me?" he asked, his eyes were glistening.

"Do what?"

"Put a plaster around my finger" he straightened himself. This guy has got to be kidding you so you just played along.

"Where can I get a plaster?" you asked and got up from your seat but Jaehyun handed you one sheepishly as if he had already planned this. You approached him slowly and took the plaster. He was just looking up at you while sitting, being mischievous around you. You slowly held his finger that he smiled, revealing his dimple. He loved seeing you in his clothes and the fact that you actually did what he asked made him feel happy and warm. The warmth that he rarely gets.

"Am I not handsome?" he asked to break the silence. "Am I not up to your standard?" 

How were you supposed to reply? He was handsome and of course up to your standard or even better than you'd thought a human to be. You just nodded without looking at him. He leaned closer to where you were standing and looking up at you, his eyes were full of stars.

"Are you not curious about me?" he asked. It seemed like he was always the one who initiated a conversation with you and you felt a little bad to not reply.

"Are you living alone here?" it was as if you'd asked the wrong question because he pulled a long face instantly, avoiding your gaze. He forced a smile after that and shifted his gaze back to you.

"I live with my sister but she rarely comes back." you could see how his expression softened a little at the mention of his sister. "She always run away from my parents" he mumbled and then looked away as if he was complaining.

"In the end, I am left alone" he told you while looking at you now. "My life is pathetic, right?" he chuckled

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have asked." you felt bad for asking.

"It's okay. I should at least share to you since you are curious about me" the corner of his lips lifted up into a warm smile.

His family was really complicated. First, you knew about his father that was the school's director. Next, you got to know about his step mother and now his sister who always run away from home. It seemed like he never get the warmth and peace from home. Perhaps that was the reason he always engage himself in activities that are unhealthy such as causing troubles here and there, bullying people and hooking up with random girls to fill in the loneliness he was experiencing. No one was there to teach him what was right or what was wrong. He was indeed seeking for affection and love that was why he became mischievous especially around you.

But somehow the fact that he could take care of you and even cooked you good food broke your heart to the core. He could give you the warmth that he himself had never experienced. He worked hard to win your heart but he would stay single in life. Just what did he do in his past life to deserve a life like this?

You were staring at him now, still holding his finger when all of a sudden a loud thunderstrom struck and his house's power supply was down, facing a total blackout. You squeezed his finger a little too hard because you were shocked by the loud thunderstrom. He stood up, towering your small frame. He grabbed your hand, assuming you were afraid.

"Let's switch the lights back on" he was using his phone's flashlight, scanning his house. He tried switching the lights on from the power supply box but the electric was not getting back. The thunderstorm struck again that you could see lightning penetrating through his window so both your hands squeezed his hand tighter, gazing downwards.

"Are you sca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter