Ch 13

Since No One Else Was Gonna Do It: Uni

She knew this was coming. She expected it and prepared for it. But that doesn’t make it any easier.

Ever since her mom told Hyejin about the upcoming fight, Hyejin has been more driven than ever. Waking up early in the morning to do a quick jog, only returning with just enough time left to get ready for school. After school was over she would grab a quick bite to eat and change back in the apartment before heading out to the university gym to workout some more. 

Wheein was fine with this schedule. The only time she had to berate Hyejin was when school assignments were still due. But other than that, Wheein was fine with waiting for Hyejin to return. 

Hyejin even invited her to join in on the training sessions but Wheein declined stating the fact that she will have no purpose there. Hyejin needed to focus and needed as little distraction as possible. Even after mentioning that Sujeong was also going to be there, there wasn’t even a twitch. Seeing that Wheein wasn’t going to budge, Hyejin accepted Wheein’s answer and didn’t push the matter further. 

And that’s how it was for a couple of weeks. Hyejin would go train, and come home to Wheein’s waiting arms. Wheein made sure that Hyejin was on top of her school work and still took care of herself while Hyejin focused on the fight that would happen in a couple of months. 

Then it happened. 

The week before finals.

Wheein got a call from Ji Yeon.

“You really need to show up at least once. I think people are doubting your existence.”

Those were the only words that Ji Yeon said to her. Those were the only words Wheein needed to hear to finally make her go down to see Hyejin. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She expected a crowd. But not one this big. All the gym rats and even those that don’t frequent the gym seemed to be here. They all wanted to witness Hyejin in action. 

And witness her they did. 

By the time Wheein got there, Hyejin just barely started a mock fight. Finding Ji Yeon in the crowd, Wheein made her way over to get more clarification.

“About time you got here, maybe you can keep these people at bay,” Ji Yeon pointed her thumb over her shoulder to indicate the crowd of people that gathered. 

“What do they do?” Wheein asked with mild concern. She could only guess what Ji Yeon actually means and her guess left her irritated.

“Oh, you’ll see.”

As if on cue, Hyejin dealt the knockout blow and the whistle blew. As Hyejin was going back to her corner, back to get some rest, the swarm began. A swarm that nearly knocked Wheein off her feet. 

The mass gathering of people swarmed to Hyejin’s corner and everyone tried to get as close as they could.  All of them ogled Hyejin’s sweating form. Wheein couldn’t fault them too much on that front. She was doing the same too. The way the light reflected off of the beads of sweat made Hyejin shine like a diamond. Even though she stared like the other people around her, her staring was different. She mentally took notes on how the light reflected off the sweat and how the shadows contoured around Hyejin’s somewhat defined muscles. Her staring was a study for future reference. She still has her reference from back in their highschool days, but two years can change a person. And for Hyejin, those two years only brought her more beauty. It was only when she noticed that some of the people actually tried to reach out to touch Hyejin did she actually tense and snap out of it. 

Saying all sorts of things while they pointed at Hyejin’s body like it was nothing more than an object to admire. An object to admire and to whisper their desires. Desires that Wheein heard clear as day. Desires that she herself has but she is Hyejin’s girlfriend. Of course she would have those desires, but these people? They were just strangers with no qualms. They didn’t even have the decency to say these things in private. 

Having enough, Wheein finally made her move to get Hyejin’s attention. With only one small hiccup. She froze the moment she saw Sujeong tending to Hyejin. The way Sujeong gently lifted Hyejin’s face to wipe off the sweat, the way Sujeong gently talked to Hyejin, the way Sujeong inserted herself between Hyejin and the crowd of people. The way Sujeong seemed to enjoy being this close to Hyejin. There was just something about the glint in Sujeong’s eye that rubbed Wheein the wrong way.

Wheein felt that once dormant jealousy rise again. But now wasn’t the time to let it get the best of her. Now was the time to show that Hyejin does have a girlfriend and that said girlfriend just saw how everyone truly is. Especially Sujeong. 

“Hyejin!” Wheein called out. She didn’t bother raising her voice much.

She saw Hyejin perk up and began searching the crowd to find her. And once she did spot the Wheein on the outside of the mass gathering of people, she made her move. With a bright smile, she jumped up and over the ring ropes and made a mad dash towards Wheein. All while ignoring everyone else around her. Even Sujeong. 

“Wheeinie!!” Hyejin yelled as she collided into Wheein’s open arms. 

Wheein couldn’t even get a word in before Hyejin shifted into super affectionate lion cub mode. That persona of a bad that could whoop melted away and revealed her duality. The duality of being a bad and a precious baby. All in a flip of a coin. 

They were in their own little bubble as they clung onto each other. Well, clung as Hyejin became a cuddly lion cub. Nuzzling and planting butterfly kisses wherever she could. Not caring that other’s saw her. Not caring that people were judging. Not caring at all. All she cared about was that Wheein was here and that she was in her arms.

Wheein could only laugh at how affectionate Hyejin was. She still can’t decide which side of Hyejin she loves more. No, scratch that. She loves all sides of Hyejin. She just can’t decide which side she prefers more. Although, right now, as much as she loves affectionate Hyejin, having cool, confident, and almighty Hyejin would be great. That way the staring people would not doubt their relationship. She heard some whispers on how great of a friendship they have. 

Eventually, Hyejin pulled back just enough to speak clearly.

“Whatcha doin’ here?” Hyejin asked with her eyes reflecting the universe.

“I need to come see you at least once, right?” Wheein softly smiled and kissed Hyejin’s forehead.

Hyejin only giggled and nuzzled even more. 

“Thanks, Wheein-ah. I love you~” Hyejin sang while planting more kisses all over Wheein’s face.

“I love you too. But you can give me affection later, I want to see you fight!” Wheein diverted Hyejin’s attention back to training. 

“Ah, How many strikes should I do for this last one?” Hyejin finally peeled herself off of Wheein and jumped in place as she pumped herself back up.

“Hmmm,” Wheein thought for a moment with a hand under her chin, “ seven!”

“Hah? Seven??”

“I want to see you fight, remember?”

“Ah,” Hyejin nodded to herself before planting one last kiss on Wheein’s cheek and going back into the ring. Back to a waiting Sujeong. 

All the while, Wheein felt eyes on her. She felt their eyes and heard their whispers.

“Yo, that’s her girlfriend?”

“Kinda bland don’t you think?”

“I thought Hyejin would have taste.”

“Man, if that’s her girlfriend then….”

“She must be giving Hyejin something cuz who the would want that?”

“Did you hear how she talked?”

“I expected her to be at least a little bit fit, you know?”

“Wow, an art student? You know she’s weird then.”

“I mean? I guess she sort of qualifies as cute but barely.”

“Hyejin deserves better than that.”

And so on and so forth. Those whispers were as loud as day to her. While some of them were berated for saying such things, others agreed to those statements. And while Hyejin fought, Wheein was only half there. She looked but didn’t see. All of her focus was on those words that people carelessly spewed right in front of her. 

She knows, logically, that those judgements don’t matter. That all that matters is that she’s true to herself and Hyejin. But, she couldn’t help but listen. Afterall, they were whispers that her own demons said to her. They were reflections on how she sees herself.

She always thinks about how she’s Hyejin’s girlfriend. Most of the time the thought is in bliss, but sometimes the thought is in desolation. She knows why Hyejin loves her, but she still questions it. Those whispers reflected her thoughts. She wonders how someone as bland as her could even get and maintain Hyejin’s attention. 

She knows she still has some issues with communication using her words, especially with other people, so it’s a wonder how there hasn’t been a major miscommunication within their relationship. Only a matter of time though, she thinks. It’s a wonder in itself how Hyejin can understand her sometimes. 

She knows that art students have a certain reputation but that reputation shouldn’t even come to play in a relationship. Or so she thought. Only when she heard these whispers, she was reminded how much public image has a play on things.

But the last bit is something she asks herself constantly even if she assured Hyejin herself. 

She really is a hypocrite.  

Her mind was about to spiral further into self doubt but Ji Yeon brought her back.  

“Hey, what are you doing zoning out when Hyejin is showing off for you?”

Sparing a glance at Ji Yeon with a small thankful nod, Wheein focused back on Hyejin. And what she saw threw all the other thoughts out the window. Threw out all the other thoughts and replaced them with something else. The whiplash wasn’t easy for her heart. 

Hyejin’s form was top notch and the tightest it’s ever been. Seems like she used the first two punches to gauge her range and the rest of them Wheein gets to witness. While Hyejin’s opponent was twice her size in every aspect, Hyejin didn’t let that get to her head. Using her small size to her advantage, she easily weaved and slipped between the punches that were thrown against her.

It was a beautiful dance. 

As Hyejin weaved in and out of range, she used the next three punches to weaken her opponent. Two were liver shots and one was straight to the body. This easily brought down her opponent a couple of pegs. It was only natural that her opponent changed tactics to more of a defensive one. 

With only two punches left, it was time to end this. 

Pressing her opponent, Hyejin embodied the lion. It was here that Hyejin changed from the orthodox stance into her natural southpaw stance. A clear indication that she was going to finally end this bout soon. 

The change in stance spooked her opponent well enough that they didn’t notice that they were being cornered. By the time they did notice, Hyejin was already in front of them and their back was against the post. The end was near.

The lion launched the final attack with flow in full force. With a feint that her opponent fell for, Hyejin quickly went for a left uppercut followed by a right hook. A beautiful execution. 

Thus, the match was done and the crowd roared. 

Hyejin basked  in the glory for a brief moment before finally hopping out of the ring and heading straight for Wheein. Even though it was a mock fight, the rush of victory still flowed within her veins and nearly toppled Wheein. Only by the power of Ji Yeon and Sujeong did the pair manage to stay upright. 

“So, what do I get for finishing in 7 punches?” Hyejin beamed.

“Hmm. Anything you want,” Wheein chuckled as Hyejin began to nuzzle again. She assumed that Hyejin would want something to eat after this so she thought she was answering that unasked question of what’s for dinner. But Hyejin had different ideas. 

With her face still in the crook of Wheein’s neck, Hyejin only raised her head a little bit so she could whisper into Wheein’s ear. The answer to Wheein’s question. What Hyejin really wants.

“I want you tonight.”

Wheein felt her soul leave her body. She should have expected something like this and yet here she is. She gave Hyejin the perfect opening and was still surprised. 

“Dear lord, Hyejin-ah, you done broke Wheein,” Ji Yeon said as she gently waved a hand in front of a vacant Wheein. 

“You know, I never thought I would get to witness someone’s soul leave their body. It’s fascinating, not gonna lie,” Sujeong gently mused.

After getting Wheein back to the mortal plane, it was time to clean up and finally get something to eat. Stopping by the nearby burger joint, the four enjoyed a nice meal together. A nice celebration. Laughter followed their wake as they all enjoyed each other’s company. Wheein’s previous suspicions of Sujeong vanished the moment that Hyejin wouldn’t stop being an affectionate cub again. So much of an affectionate cub that Ji Yeon and Sujeong had to get the food by themselves since Hyejin was letting Wheein go. Wheein didn’t even fight it, she knew that later she wasn’t going to get any respite so she let Hyejin cling onto her. 

And that’s how the rest of the evening went.

Wheein forgot all the harsh whispers about her as she enjoyed her night. Especially once they got back to the apartment. There wasn’t even a moment to think. Wheein was true to her word and gave Hyejin what she wanted. And what Hyejin wanted meant that Wheein wasn’t going to get any sleep tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Finals week proved to be more lacklustre than they expected. Maybe it was because they were the lucky few that got to get through finals early and thus get to start winter break early. Either way, it was a blessing. 

Now that it was officially break for them, they finally get to return home. Return home to rest. Well, for a couple of days. 

Training only intensified for Hyejin and Wheein helped out where she could. In the morning, Hyejin would go for a jog with Yong for five miles. From there, they would spend the rest of the day at the gym and train. Going over drills and perfecting the basics, that was their routine for the following weeks. 

However, Wheein and Byul made sure that they never pushed their bodies past their limits. Going as far as physically dragging them out of the gym on some occasions.  And if they couldn’t make the dragon and lion budge then there’s only one person who could. Ms. Manju. 

It was an easy routine to fall into, but there was a small hiccup. The fight was pushed up on the request of the challengers. A request that Yong and Hyejin easily agreed to. Better to get done with it now and put it past them. 

So here they are. Early January, in the afternoon on a saturday, and a crowd of people gathered inside the gym. Most of them were students from both gyms but there were some that were just spectators that wanted to see a good fight. 

And a good fight they received.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The matches were simple. Yong would go against the head coach and Hyejin would go against the top student. Both bouts would be 7 rounds unless there is a knockout or it’s called by the ref. Everything else was standard boxing rules.

It was only 30 minutes until Yong’s fight and it seemed like everyone was being a good sport. Students from both schools talked to each other with respect and even exchanged tips and tricks. It was a great scene to witness. Yong was proud of her students and she even had a good conversation with the head coach. The coach admitted that this fight wasn’t even his idea but his top student’s. It puzzled Yong as she wondered who this top student was. Seeing her confusion, he pointed out his top student. And all the good feelings melted away. 

A cocky fighter. 

She saw the top student and the coach said her name was Alexi. But that was all Yong heard. The rest of her mind focused on how this Alexi acted. Cocky. An annoyance.

It was clear that this Alexi was a bully. A bully with actual power to hurt people. And while Hyejin attempted good natured conversation, it was clear that this Alexi had other things in mind. 

“Hey, I’m Hyejin. I hope--” Hyejin attempted to make some peace between them but Alexi’s sneer stopped her.

“That your girl?” Alexi said while nodding her head towards Wheein’s direction.

With her own eyes squinting in confusion, Hyejin answered honestly.

“Great, I’ll take her then.” 

Hyejin could only stare.

“It’s only right. After I beat you to a pulp, there ain’t no way she would want a weakling like you.”

Hyejin blinked.

Was this real life? Is this an actual person? Someone actually thinks like this? The ?

“She’s cute so I’ll take good care of her. I won’t break her immediately,” Alexi said with a sick smirk.

Alexi’s undertone made Hyejin’s skin crawl. Even if she wasn’t Wheein’s girlfriend, Hyejin felt her protectiveness rise. Especially once she saw Alexi eye Wheein like a piece of meat. She was used to people looking at Wheein as a cutie so this shook her core. This was the first time she saw anyone look at Wheein as nothing but a piece of meat and it felt so wrong.

Before Hyejin could even say anything, it was time for Yong’s fight. And as they all gathered around the ring, Hyejin made sure to keep Wheein close and insert herself with Alexi’s line of sight. 

And all during Yong’s fight, Hyejin went through all the possible ways she could knock Alexi’s lights out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yong’s fight went all the way to the 7th round. It even looked like it would be a tie, but only those that aren’t in the know would think that. Yong is known for her clutch. And during the 7th round, the dragon came out to play. 

According to Wheein, it really was like witnessing a real life dragon. The way Yong weaved and coiled in and around her opponent was like a dragon constricting its prey. Around and around she went till finally, in a moment of desperation, her opponent would lose their cool and make themselves open. It was here that the dragon breathed fire. 

Slipping under a wild right hook, Yong unleashed a barrage of punches to her opponent’s body and finally ended it in a clean uppercut. The solid hits were a rhythm that she first learned when she finally picked up the gloves. It was only right to end this fight with such a rhythm.  

After a brief celebration, it was Hyejin’s turn. And while everyone offered her their encouragement, it was only Yong’s words that reached her. 

Yong observed Alexi for a little bit and knew that Alexi wasn’t here for a friendly bit of competition. No, Alexi was here to prove a point. Whatever point that may be. And whatever that point may result in, whether that be a clear loss or clear injury, it’s too early to tell. What Yong can tell though is that Alexi told Hyejin something that affected her mindset. The moment she looked into Hyejin’s eyes, she saw a hidden rage. A rage she never saw before and it worried her. To fight in a rage would only result in injury to yourself, another person, or both.

Wheein let Hyejin go after a small peck on the cheek, Yong briefly pulled her aside.

“Hyejin, focus. She’s a brawler.” 

The only words she could say to Hyejin right now. She didn’t have time to give a whole pep talk to shift her mindset so she said a command word. Focus.

Hyejin was brought back to attention and only nodded in affirmation. 

Giving her a pat on the back, Yong finally let Hyejin inside the ring to fight. A fight that she observed meticulously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were on par with each other. For each punch landed, there was a counter that landed. They gave what they received and neither were budging for the first few rounds. 

Alexi’s brawler style usually overwhelms her opponents but Hyejin’s dexterity was her saving grace. However, while Hyejin expected power behind the punches, she never expected the speed behind them. Too many times did Hyejin barely dodged out of the way. 

And that’s how it was for the first three rounds. They were in the middle and danced around each other. Neither losing nor gaining grounds. A stalemate. 

As much as Hyejin wanted to have fun, Alexi’s words still echoed in the back of her mind and thus tainted this experience. She wanted nothing more than to wipe that smirk off of Alexi’s face. And all Alexi wanted to do was nail a one hit KO. But neither budged. Only near the end of the third round was there a shift. 

A shift due to ill spoken words.

While circling each other in the middle of the ring, Alexi finally spoke up.

“What’s wrong? Afraid of losing?”

Hyejin easily slipped under the straight punches and got a body shot.

“Hah! Looks like your uncle taught you ! No wonder he’s dead. ” 

At those words, Hyejin’s world went silent and still. She just stared at Alexi and saw that smirk on her face. Then the world came rushing back and she only felt one thing.

Rage.

Pure rage. 

And in the heat of the moment, she got sloppy. But not sloppy enough to miss. Just sloppy enough that the third round ended with the both of them landing right hooks to the head. Leaving them both a bit dazed. 

While in the corner waiting for the next round to begin, everyone surrounded her. All of them wanted to make sure she was alright after nasty right hook to the head, but she heard none of it. All she heard was the ringing in her ears and all she saw was red. 

Rage coursed through her entire being. So much that she listened to no one, not even Wheein despite her concern. Seeing that Hyejin wasn’t responsive to her, she looked to her mom to see what was up. Is Hyejin still able to fight after that wicked punch? 

To her surprise, she found no mercy in her mom’s eyes. It shocked her and Byul as well but before they could confront her about it, she knelt down in front of Hyejin. Yong didn’t even speak before Hyejin finally said a couple of words. 

“I’m going to end it here.”

Hyejin’s words were laced with rage and fire. The look in her eye was as strong as the unfiltered sun. A look and voice that scared Wheein to her core. The person in front of her wasn’t the Hyejin she knew.  The person in front of her was someone that was hellbent on destruction. The person in front of her wasn’t the Hyejin she loved. 

“Hyejin, what are you talking about? What happened out there?” Byul noticed the change too and was half tempted to call off the match herself. 

Hyejin didn’t even respond to Byul, she only looked at her and it was look that shook her core as well. The nice kid she knew was gone and in its wake was a raging lion that wanted nothing but destruction. A look she’s only seen once before. A look Yong once had all those years ago.  

Finally, Yong spoke up.

“One last round Hyejin.”

The lion’s gaze met the dragon’s and they shared an unspoken understanding. Wheein looked to her mother for any sign as to what was happening and Byul only shook her head and brought Wheein back to the sidelines.

“Mother, what was that? What--”

“I’ll tell you later, alright pup?” Byul ruffled Wheein’s hair in an attempt to calm down the confused pup and ease her worries. 

Wheein opened to say more but was cut off when Yong joined them and the bell rang. 

The fourth round has started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone could see the shift in Hyejin. The look in her eye was that of pure rage and it was clear that she was no longer fighting for fun. While some onlookers were concerned, others reveled in it. They wanted to see blood. 

And blood they would get.

Alexi smirked, thinking that she finally broke through Hyejin’s mental barriers and make her falter. She was right, Hyejin’s mental barriers fell but those barriers weren’t to keep things from breaking in, oh no. Hyejin’s mental barriers were meant to keep a certain desire from escaping. A desire that Hyejin labelled as the Beast. 

With those mental barriers broken, Hyejin gladly embraced the Beast. She gladly embraced this desire for pure, unfiltered violence and desire for blood. She wanted nothing more than to hurt Alexi for saying such foolish words. 

People say you can’t solve things with violence. While that may be true, there are just some people who are so unintelligent and willfully ignorant that violence is the only way to reach them. For without it, these people think they are invincible and mighty. Sometimes violence may be needed to take down a person a peg or two and bring them down to earth. Even though it’s clear that these people are the weakest of the weak. They can’t handle anyone challenging them and thus hide behind the standard that no one can touch them and so there is no consequence to their actions or words. As is this case with Alexi. It was clear that no words would reach her. The only way to even communicate with Alexi on the most basic level is through their fists. And Hyejin has a lot to say. 

Hyejin’s fighting style changed. She went straight into a southpaw stance, making Alexi do a double take. A brief moment that Hyejin used to her advantage. The lion was out and it was hungry. She launched into multiple barrages of attack. Overwhelming Alexi to the point that all she could do was hold her defense up and run away if she could. 

A game of cat and mouse. 

A game with a clear victor.

After those barrages, Alexi’s own mental strength faltered. She wasn’t expecting this. She was used to people just breaking to her words and making victory easily achievable. She wasn’t used to someone actually fighting back with twice as much power. There was only one thing she could do now. 

Run.

But, that’s exactly what Hyejin expected. In her rage, in her fury, her flow was never clearer. Her mind was more focused than ever and she felt like water. She blocked off all points of exits for Alexi and forced her into a corner. 

It was here that she finally saw fear in Alexi’s eyes.

And she reveled in it.

She launched more barrages, only stopping to let Alexi catch her breath and launch punches of her own. 

A cruel taunt. 

Seeing that there were only 30 seconds on the clock, it was time to finish this.

Even with her stamina low, Alexi still had her guard up. There was only one thing to do. Sneaking in a right uppercut, Hyejin made an opening to Alexi’s head. Following the upper cut, Hyejin launched multiple straight jabs to Alexi’s face before finally finishing her off with a left hook. A powerful one. Curling her body as much as she could there was only one thing in her mind. To make this hurt as much as possible. 

The punch landed with a resounding thomp. The finishing punch. The punch that Hyejin poured her soul, her rage, into. The punch that knocked Alexi out and out of the ring. 

There was but a brief moment of silence. What everyone just witnessed wasn’t just a competition fight. They just witnessed a beatdown. 

Eventually the cheers came. It didn’t matter in the end. The people got their violence and that’s all they wanted. 

As Hyejin staggered back to her corner did she realise how much she overworked her muscles and overextended her back. After the rush of the fight, everything was catching up to her. Luckily, Wheein’s arms were still waiting for her. 

Collapsing into Wheein’s embrace, her rage left. The only thing that was still with her was pain and exhaustion. But she had to it up. At least for a little bit.

“Hyejin-ah, are you alright?” Wheein asked. She saw that the rage was gone and that her Hyejin was back. But she also saw that Hyejin’s face was pained.

“Hm? Yea, just thinkin’,” Hyejin quickly answered. She needed all of her mental focus to not let the pain get to her.

“Thinking about what?” Byul asked as she gave Hyejin some water while Yong dabbed some of the sweat off her face as they all got her out of the ring.

“Just wondering what kind of health insurance plan my family has.”

“Wha--”

“You over extended your back, didn’t you?” Yong shook her head slightly. Reminded how she did the same thing during a fight.

“Maybe??”

“Hyejin-ah!!” Wheein berated.

“What?” Hyejin whined. She just wanted to rest and cuddle and get something to eat.

“So, what did we learn today, Hyejin?” Yong asked as she helped Wheein place Hyejin down on a bench.

“Not let rage consume me,” Hyejin drawled.

“And?” Byul asked as she texted Hyejin’s parents about having to take Hyejin to the hospital.

“Keep my focus,” Hyejin huffed with a pout.

“Good cub,” Yong gently patted Hyejin’s head, “ Now, I’m gonna wrap things up here and then we’re going to the hospital.”

Yong quickly left with Byul in tow.

“Wait! I don’t know what kind of insurance I have! Hell, I don’t even know if I have insurance!”

“You just had the most intense fight and you’re worried about insurance?” Wheein asked. 

“It’s called priorities.”

“Your health should be your number one priority, Hyejin-ah!”

“Interesting proposal, here’s my counter offer…..medical bills.” Hyejin said with a straight face.

Wheein opened to protest but knew Hyejin had a point. 

Seeing Wheein give in to her point, Hyejin chuckled and brought Wheein for a hug. 

“I love you, Wheein-ah,” Hyejin muttered as she burrowed her face into Wheein’s neck.

“I love you too. Just,” Wheein sighed,” Just don’t do that again, ok?”

“I promise,” Hyejin gently nodded.

“And promise to not be such a pain in the while you're recovering?” Wheein asked as she planted a kiss on top of Hyejin’s head. 

Silence.

“Hyejin? You promise?”

“......................No.”

“Hyejin-ah!!”